***Official September 2022 Thread***

Our flight will arrive around noon. I'm trying to decide what we should eat for lunch that day. I'm hoping we can wait and eat at either our resort (WL) or Epcot. Lunch at the resort will let us eat sooner, and maybe get into our room before heading to the park. Any restaurant suggestions? I've heard good things about Geyser Point and Whispering Canyon.

We LOVE Geyser Point! We often go there even when we're not staying at the WL - love the atmosphere and the bison burger is yummy!

Our trip is September 3-16. First day in the park will be the 4th. We have 10 days hoppers with the genie. Staying at Shades of Green for the first time. We plan to do a MNSSHP but have not decided on the date yet. I am waiting to see if the parties affect extra evening hours. We will have 2 days that we will not be able to enter the parks. We’ve never had days off before. We will likely check out some resorts. We had a May trip planned in 2020 but Covid hit. We have gone a few times in May. Not sure what to expect in September.

Our trip is September 3-16. First day in the park will be the 4th. We have 10 days hoppers with the genie. Staying at Shades of Green for the first time. We plan to do a MNSSHP but have not decided on the date yet. I am waiting to see if the parties affect extra evening hours. We will have 2 days that we will not be able to enter the parks. We’ve never had days off before. We will likely check out some resorts. We had a May trip planned in 2020 but Covid hit. We have gone a few times in May. Not sure what to expect in September.
I’ll be overlapping with you at SoG!
I’ve never been there and the video reviews are few and far between but people on these boards seem to love it there. Not that I have a real choice, my step dad was adamant that he wants to try it and he’s our room sponsor so he gets to pick!

I’ll be overlapping with you at SoG!
I’ve never been there and the video reviews are few and far between but people on these boards seem to love it there. Not that I have a real choice, my step dad was adamant that he wants to try it and he’s our room sponsor so he gets to pick!
My husband is a veteran but not retired from the military. When we were thinking about going to WDW in September, it seemed meant to be that we could stay at SOG and that our dates were open. We are looking forward to walking to MK.

We have 7 day hoppers with 2 days off, one for HHN and one for relaxing and what not. Can't wait for our trip!

Down days are the best!! Spend time at the pool, enjoy Disney Springs, maybe catch a movie, enjoy the resorts, etc. There are loads to do without a theme park reservation. We have two built in as well and one of the days the hubby is going to golf with an old college roommate and I'll have many hours to myself. Looking forward to cocktails and pool time!

I get it. I keep saying I'm going to plan a just Unit trip, but figuring out the when isn't working out.

Originally I wanted to do a May 2023 trip and do both, but funds wouldn't allow. I had my eye on Cabana Bay for the rumour of being able to drink cocktails in the lazy river..

I really want to do Universal again at some point though! I haven't been since 2015 which was a really disappointing visit because a lot of the rides were down.

HI @abbyandangel and :welcome:in to the September 2022 Group!!! Glad you joined us. :wave: Wonderful 13 day trip you and your family have planned. I also will be at Disney almost the same time as you but at a different resort. We are hoping for good weather, low crowds and lots of fun times with good memories. September can bring in the storms along with high temperatures. The first two days we arrive on the 3rd and 4th will be no parks, just pool and resort time. MNSSHP 🎃 sounds like a great choice. Those parties are so much fun. :tink:Congrats on your trip happening post COVID - long wait for you since May 2020. I will add you to our CountDown List and we look forward to seeing you here as we countdown and plan these last couple of months. pooh:pluto:

Originally I wanted to do a May 2023 trip and do both, but funds wouldn't allow. I had my eye on Cabana Bay for the rumour of being able to drink cocktails in the lazy river..

I really want to do Universal again at some point though! I haven't been since 2015 which was a really disappointing visit because a lot of the rides were down.

I haven't been since 2011 unless you count the overnight at Sapphire Falls pre-cruise. I desperately wanted to do the newly opened (at that time) HP section. I haven't even been since they added Diagon Alley. Other trips, finding the time, and lack of funds got in the way. I'll definitely get back some day, but it seems right now other plans make more sense.

I highly recommend Universal!! My daughter and I stayed at Cabana Bay last month and we loved it. You get so much more for your money at their resorts. It's definitely worth your time. Prior to this we would do maybe a day at Universal and after spending time there this spring, I realized how much we didn't do.

It's also so different from Disney that it doesn't feel like a repetitive trip in any way. Do you like thrill rides?

I highly recommend Universal!! My daughter and I stayed at Cabana Bay last month and we loved it. You get so much more for your money at their resorts. It's definitely worth your time. Prior to this we would do maybe a day at Universal and after spending time there this spring, I realized how much we didn't do.

It's also so different from Disney that it doesn't feel like a repetitive trip in any way. Do you like thrill rides?

I don't do big thill rides and absolutely will not go upside down, but I liked Harry Potter and Simpsons.

It's also so different from Disney that it doesn't feel like a repetitive trip in any way.
I definitely agree with that. We went to Universal last year before our Disney trip and it was fun but in no way repetitive. I have to say although we prefer Disney greatly, the convenience of being on site at Universal was great with the very frequent buses to Citywalk. When we decide to add Universal on to our trip again we will definitely stay on site again, will probably try a deluxe next time for the express pass perk.

I had all my park reservations set but then thought about Guardians and the VQ. I usually like EPCOT to be our evening park but with VQ I need to make sure it is a morning park at least once. DH and I rode it in May and the kids NEED to ride it (and I cannot wait to ride it again!)

We will at AKL September 3-11! Our DD & SIL will be joining us 9/3-9/8. We plan on spending our arrival day @ Disney Springs. I've never done that before but we are letting the kids plan how they want to uss their tickets. They have 4 day hoppers. DH & I have APs. We were going to do a split stay when the kids go home but decided it would just be easier to stay put.

I definitely agree with that. We went to Universal last year before our Disney trip and it was fun but in no way repetitive. I have to say although we prefer Disney greatly, the convenience of being on site at Universal was great with the very frequent buses to Citywalk. When we decide to add Universal on to our trip again we will definitely stay on site again, will probably try a deluxe next time for the express pass perk.

I had all my park reservations set but then thought about Guardians and the VQ. I usually like EPCOT to be our evening park but with VQ I need to make sure it is a morning park at least once. DH and I rode it in May and the kids NEED to ride it (and I cannot wait to ride it again!)
Yep, we are doing that this go around and trying Hard Rock.

I've planned more Epcot days so we have the chance to also join the VQ or book an ILL. I doubt there will be a SB line by then.

ADR day is next Tuesday for us - so far all we have on the wish list is lunch at Skipper Canteen and a late reservation one night at Oga's.

Also crossing our fingers we will get spots for Moonlight Magic - reservations open the same morning as ADR's for us!
Color me dumb, but what is Moonlight Magic?

We will at AKL September 3-11! Our DD & SIL will be joining us 9/3-9/8. We plan on spending our arrival day @ Disney Springs. I've never done that before but we are letting the kids plan how they want to uss their tickets. They have 4 day hoppers. DH & I have APs. We were going to do a split stay when the kids go home but decided it would just be easier to stay put.
I already have you on the CountDown List @ktink from a previous post but I will change your entire stay to AKL!!! 🐅🦒🦩
Congrats!! Sounds like a great trip you have planned with the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter