***Official September 2022 Thread***

We have our park reservations for 9/3-9/8. We haven't decided where we will be staying yet. DH is wanting to take the camper down & stay at Fort Wilderness. I'm hoping that our upcoming stay in 5 days at BWI & GF that I can sweet talk him into staying a couple more days & doing another split stay. Thinking AKL & Poly.

Still looking at options to get from MCO to BCV. We will have 6 people plus luggage, Uber etc don’t seem like the best option due to space and Mears is just aggravating how they are already changing prices. I have heard that there is another company opening in the next couple of months, but no prices yet. Would be cool if the Brightline was open and could take the train to Disney Springs.

We have our park reservations for 9/3-9/8. We haven't decided where we will be staying yet. DH is wanting to take the camper down & stay at Fort Wilderness. I'm hoping that our upcoming stay in 5 days at BWI & GF that I can sweet talk him into staying a couple more days & doing another split stay. Thinking AKL & Poly.
Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @ktink :mickeyjum So Glad you joined up with our very "enthusiastic" group who loves Disney World!!!! Ohhh that is sooo exciting your upcoming trip🌴!!! Would you share a trip report with us when you get back??? I know our Group would love to hear about it. Your spilt stay at Boardwalk and Grand Floridian sounds amazing. The Grand Floridian is one of the resorts I hope to stay at one day 👍 if I can sweet talk my husband too (lol). Have a wonderful trip in 5 days. I will add you to our countdown list but wait to hear where you are staying to add the resort. Lets Start Planningpixiedust:

Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @ktink :mickeyjum So Glad you joined up with our very "enthusiastic" group who loves Disney World!!!! Ohhh that is sooo exciting your upcoming trip🌴!!! Would you share a trip report with us when you get back??? I know our Group would love to hear about it. Your spilt stay at Boardwalk and Grand Floridian sounds amazing. The Grand Floridian is one of the resorts I hope to stay at one day 👍 if I can sweet talk my husband too (lol). Have a wonderful trip in 5 days. I will add you to our countdown list but wait to hear where you are staying to add the resort. Lets Start Planningpixiedust:
Thank you! I would love to share a trip report! I have been waiting for years to stay at both BWI & GF. I can't tell you how excited I am. I did have to sneak this by DH. LOL

Still looking at options to get from MCO to BCV. We will have 6 people plus luggage, Uber etc don’t seem like the best option due to space and Mears is just aggravating how they are already changing prices. I have heard that there is another company opening in the next couple of months, but no prices yet. Would be cool if the Brightline was open and could take the train to Disney Springs.
Brightline would have been a nice way to get to Disney Springs then some shopping comes in. lol Sounds like Uber might mean 2 cars for luggage and people. Let us know what you decide.

Hi everyone Very excited for our September 2-10 trip (after changing the trip 3 times we’re finally going) staying at OKW for our DVC welcome home trip.

I booked our September 20th - 27th trip @ AoA (Nemo family suite). We are taking my mom as a "Thank You" for all she has done for our boys doing COVID over the past 2 years. We normally plan our own vacations, but as a "Thank You" to TheDis for all the content they have provided, we booked with Dream Unlimited. Looking forward to reading everyone's tips and advice as we fine tune our plans.

Hi everyone Very excited for our September 2-10 trip (after changing the trip 3 times we’re finally going) staying at OKW for our DVC welcome home trip.
:wave: Hi @Boopuff and welcome to our Group!!!! Nice trip you have planned. Several of us are going around the same dates as you here in this Group. We ate in 2020 at Olivia's and it was a very good meal. The grounds were so tropical looking and just a very pretty resort. Congratulations after a lot of planning it sounds like, for a :tink: Welcome Home Trip!!
Looking forward to "seeing" you here for more planning to come in the days ahead. I will add you to our homepage countdown list.

I booked our September 20th - 27th trip @ AoA (Nemo family suite). We are taking my mom as a "Thank You" for all she has done for our boys doing COVID over the past 2 years. We normally plan our own vacations, but as a "Thank You" to TheDis for all the content they have provided, we booked with Dream Unlimited. Looking forward to reading everyone's tips and advice as we fine tune our plans.
Welcome in @YITBOS to our September Group!!!! pixiedust: Glad you joined our Great Group here. I bet your mom is soo excited for an awesome "Thank You":flower3:............ I am sure Dreams Unlimited will take very good care of your trip. I have a friend who booked her last Disney trip with them and she said they were great. The access to the skyliner will be such a plus for your trip. I love the skyliner and consider it a ride unto itself. It did stop in 2020 as we were traveling on it over AoA and I took a 15 minute look around to distract myself 🤭. I learn so much from others on TheDis on good tips and advice and we look forward to"seeing" you here for future planning!!! I will add you to our countdown list.

Have you stayed at the Riviera before???

Nope, but I have Disney fanatic friends that say the Riv 1 BR is just gorgeous. That's the second half of the trip and I'll be eager to have the separate bedroom and the chandelier tub to myself! (Well, and with the hubs...)

I stayed in the Poly with my mom over a decade ago and we did our quick trip with the kids at Port Orleans Riverside a few years ago. I can't remember if my family stayed at the Contemporary when I was a kid or if I just remember watching the monorail go by from some random inside vantage point. My parents seem too cheap to have paid for on site hotels- but that WAS 30ish years ago, so who knows how it's changed!

I just booked our flights for the trip as we had gotten enough WJ dollars plus our remaining travel bank that the flights were freeeeeeee. Gotta love it :)

ok not free since I spent money to get the points and travel bank but it feels like free! haha.

Kind of amazing that the longest trip we'll be going on this year is starting to look the least expensive lol. We rented DVC for 10 nights so that has seriously worked in our favour. Good thing as our Universal nights are looking they they will be more than originally anticipated.

I just booked our flights for the trip as we had gotten enough WJ dollars plus our remaining travel bank that the flights were freeeeeeee. Gotta love it :)

ok not free since I spent money to get the points and travel bank but it feels like free! haha.

Kind of amazing that the longest trip we'll be going on this year is starting to look the least expensive lol. We rented DVC for 10 nights so that has seriously worked in our favour. Good thing as our Universal nights are looking they they will be more than originally anticipated.
Ahhh That's great @PixieT78!!! It just makes it that much more real to book the flights and saving money is always nice. Animal Kingdom Lodge is calling your name :simba:

Park tickets and reservations have been acquired! We decided to go through TicketsatWork and opted for the Park Hopper & Genie+ bundle - a little bit of savings, but given that we're only doing 4 days over Labor Day weekend, we'd rather have the flexibility.

Only big ticket item remaining is airfare - I'd normally do Southwest, but the times aren't great for either going down and would mean losing most of our first day at Universal. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to see, but we're likely going to opt for an early morning Delta flight with a late afternoon return.

Last edited:
Any idea when park hours for September/Oct will be released? Judging by what's available for hours right now, it should be sometime in June.

[="chelleb1974, post: 63706363, member: 157952"]
Sept 27-Oct 4, Pop Century with three friends - we are all kicking Cancer's A$$ and celebrating!!!
[/QUOTE]
Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @chelleb1974!! pixiedust: What a amazing trip you have planned with :dance3: 3 friends celebrating your fight against cancer!!!! The Pop Century is such an all around great resort and the Skyliner is such a nice way to travel and take in a fantastic view. Have you stayed at Pop before? I have stayed there one night before in Sept 2020 before our check in at the Poly as we came a day early. It is a nice resort and the food court was very good for dinner that night. The staff was also very friendly when we checked in. I will add you to our countdown and will see you here for future Planning.

[="chelleb1974, post: 63706363, member: 157952"]
Sept 27-Oct 4, Pop Century with three friends - we are all kicking Cancer's A$$ and celebrating!!!
Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @chelleb1974!! pixiedust: What a amazing trip you have planned with :dance3: 3 friends celebrating your fight against cancer!!!! The Pop Century is such an all around great resort and the Skyliner is such a nice way to travel and take in a fantastic view. Have you stayed at Pop before? I have stayed there one night before in Sept 2020 before our check in at the Poly as we came a day early. It is a nice resort and the food court was very good for dinner that night. The staff was also very friendly when we checked in. I will add you to our countdown and will see you here for future Planning.
[/QUOTE]
This will be my third stay at Pop, and it is my favorite resort at Disney! The skyliner makes it so easy to pop over to Carribean Beach or Riviera for dinner (or even Beach/Yacht too).

What's everyone working on at this point? I hate when I don't have anything to dive into serious planning on- too early for dining decisions, I can't do tentative schedules for parks and ADRs without park hours, no need to reserve car transport yet (though I got quotes!), making a packing list is absurdly early... So instead I'm wasting time perusing Disney shirts to buy for everyone!!!

Right now it's just researching airport transportation options. Very torn between just taking a Lyft vs. hiring a towncar service. We are both checking a bag each and the extra assistance might be nice. And trying to deep dive as much as I can into G+ strategies for MK and HS since I don't think we'll be using it anywhere else, and I'm still iffy on MK given our ability to access the evening hours. This is brand new for me since my trips last year were both prior to G+, and even for a super planner and strategist it's making my head spin a little.

Also anxiously awaiting reviews of the revamped Poly CL lounge as reopening finally approaches, very curious to see what the offerings there are like.

keeping a close eye on this too. I will have a group of 11, two shorties still in booster seats, and we’re staying at shades of green so some of the shuttles are not really options. My mom and step dad might drive, so we may be able to do a mix of a town car and then picking some people up?

working on now- moving possible itinerary days around to see what we can fit in so we can finalize everyone’s budget. 5 park days or 4 plus a boo bash or party? Universal for everyone or just the HP and coaster lovers? Kennedy space center for all or split up and let some have a rest day?

Does anyone have Labor Day weekend experience with crowd sizes for some advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter