***Official September 2022 Thread***

September 26-Oct 1 Saratoga springs
Hi there @Mexacajun so glad you decided to join us in the September 2022 Group!!! pixiedust:The Planning is happening here in our Group. Everyone is getting excited for our Disney World Trips. The end of September is becoming a popular time to visit WDW here in our group. Saratoga is an ideal setting with the lake and Victorian style resort - so nice. I will add you to our Countdown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning.:eeyore:pooh:

Eeeee a grogu one! I would have to get that for my youngest. We’re thinking maybe get the + version for the kids to do the bounty hunting and 50th statues hunt but just get normal ones for the adults to save a little.
That's hilarious. I had the exact opposite idea in mind, getting the new plus version for the adults and getting normal ones for kids to save money. My kids are little though, so they won't know the difference.

Anecdotally, discounted Magicband availability for resort guests has improved dramatically over the last few days. I'm guessing people are holding off on buying them until Magicband+ releases since it's a one-shot deal.

Anecdotally, discounted Magicband availability for resort guests has improved dramatically over the last few days. I'm guessing people are holding off on buying them until Magicband+ releases since it's a one-shot deal.

I noticed yesterday when I looked at selection there were far fewer available styles than when I got my band for January. (They didn't even have just plain colors!) I know I can reuse, but since plus will be available for September, I'd rather have one of those. I'm wondering if the limited styles is still due to the supply chain issue or because they're phasing out some of the regular ones to make room for plus. I wouldn't put it past them to make special designs for the plus and then only do plain colors for the regular bands. More incentive to pay the additional cost.

I noticed yesterday when I looked at selection there were far fewer available styles than when I got my band for January. (They didn't even have just plain colors!) I know I can reuse, but since plus will be available for September, I'd rather have one of those. I'm wondering if the limited styles is still due to the supply chain issue or because they're phasing out some of the regular ones to make room for plus. I wouldn't put it past them to make special designs for the plus and then only do plain colors for the regular bands. More incentive to pay the additional cost.
All indications point toward supply chain issues. Of note, the selection on the shopDisney website is different than the selection for resort guests through the myDisneyExperience. It also appears that MagicBand 2s will be sold side-by-side with MagicBand+.

All indications point toward supply chain issues. Of note, the selection on the shopDisney website is different than the selection for resort guests through the myDisneyExperience. It also appears that MagicBand 2s will be sold side-by-side with MagicBand+.

Ok, so now I have a new question lol..... I never thought about that before. If you buy from the ShopDisney site instead of MDE, how does it get linked to your reservation?

Hi all - It's looking like I'm going to be heading down Sept 12th - Sept 18th staying in Port Orleans: Riverside! I'm so excited to finally get to experience MNSSHP, Remi and Guardians. I might be going solo - tbd on that - which would also be a first! I'm so pumped!
Hi Laurie! I'm also going solo around the same time (Sept 12-22). So jealous you're staying at Port Orleans!!!

My “four months to trip” update:

Still haven't booked my flight. The reason is I'm waffling back and forth if I'm going to cancel. I'm just not certain I want to go back to The World for a while.

The first five days of my September trip will be at Universal and I just booked my stay at Sapphire Falls. Never stayed at a Universal resort. Never spent more than one day at Universal.

I've been checking flights once a week since October 2021. On October 28 the R/T was $311. On April 28 the flight was $322. The lowest was $251 on Dec. 10. Right now is the highest at $368. It's interesting that the late flight out of MCO (7:30PM ) is $100 more than the 4PM as of May 5. It was $50 less when I checked in April.

I'm going to wait until July to make up my mind and book the flight. Will it be higher or lower...

The first five days of my September trip will be at Universal and I just booked my stay at Sapphire Falls. Never stayed at a Universal resort. Never spent more than one day at Universal.
I stayed there one night pre cruise back in 2019, its a REALLY nice resort. My whole family was tempted to book a trip just to hang out there.

I know there is an endless supply of packing related tips and lists on the dis, but i'm heading to Orlando from a dry/cold northern climate and the temp difference will be a quite a shock to my system. I'm curious about what folks might be packing for a trip in september that might differ from the cooler months of the year. The last time i visited was in November.

Things already on my list to deal with weather include - waterproof shoes (sandals, etc), ponchos, sunscreen, umbrella/cooling towel/fan (are maybes)

I know there is an endless supply of packing related tips and lists on the dis, but i'm heading to Orlando from a dry/cold northern climate and the temp difference will be a quite a shock to my system. I'm curious about what folks might be packing for a trip in september that might differ from the cooler months of the year. The last time i visited was in November.

Things already on my list to deal with weather include - waterproof shoes (sandals, etc), ponchos, sunscreen, umbrella/cooling towel/fan (are maybes)
Extra socks! If you take a mid day break and go back to the hotel, or even if you take a pair with you in a ziploc to keep dry from water rides and rain, changing socks and maybe a little cooling foot spray or powder will do wonders to get you back up and moving.

Some powder or body glide for chaffing is always a good idea. In my day bag I like to have a travel deodorant and some face wipes to freshen up. I'd recommend a hat with SPF fabric to protect your scalp and face. You could also get an insulated water bottle like a Yeti that will keep things super cold, and electrolyte packets to put into your water.

Last edited:
Extra socks! If you take a mid day break and go back to the hotel, or even if you take a pair with you in a ziploc to keep dry from water rides and rain, changing socks and maybe a little cooling foot spray or powder will do wonders for your to get back up and move.

Some powder or body glide for chaffing is always a good idea. In my day bag I like to have a travel deodorant and some face wipes to freshen up. I'd recommend a hat with SPF fabric to protect your scalp and face. You could also get an insulated water bottle like a Yeti that will keep things super cold, and electrolyte packets to put into your water.
oohhh!! Great recs. Thank you. I'll look into the cooling foot spray. I've never heard of it before!

Airline watch: Highest I've ever seen LAX to MCO. $488

Yes my flight home still isn't booked because the flight I want has been jumping up the last week. I wonder if this is a lag of gas prices since airlines buy theirs in bulk in advance and they're just now hitting some of the higher prices. Or it could be they are doing a price jump now and a sale in a couple weeks for MD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter