***Official September 2022 Thread***

Interesting how the TP park levels are really low for 2nd week of Sept but quite a few resorts are unavailable...
I was noticing that this morning. But then I thought maybe there are rooms but out of discounted ones and they weren't showing up in my search.

Edit, Hi! I just realized I was only lurking on this thread since we made plans very recently. We're also going in 2nd week of September for a quick long weekend to attend MNSSHP! We've only been once in 2019 so excited since we had a great time.

Currently staying at Shades of Green and likely going to stick with that, but still checking other options :)

I was noticing that this morning. But then I thought maybe there are rooms but out of discounted ones and they weren't showing up in my search.

Edit, Hi! I just realized I was only lurking on this thread since we made plans very recently. We're also going in 2nd week of September for a quick long weekend to attend MNSSHP! We've only been once in 2019 so excited since we had a great time.

Currently staying at Shades of Green and likely going to stick with that, but still checking other options :)
Oh good point I was looking at the discounted rooms..

Oh good point I was looking at the discounted rooms..
Yes, discounted rooms have been extremely limited the entire time, but keep checking back! I initially booked Caribbean Beach and Boulder Creek, but then changed to Boardwalk Inn and Grand Floridian when availability popped up for a hot second.

Yes, discounted rooms have been extremely limited the entire time, but keep checking back! I initially booked Caribbean Beach and Boulder Creek, but then changed to Boardwalk Inn and Grand Floridian when availability popped up for a hot second.
I’ve booked CSR with the Visa offer and Pop with the Disney+ offer.

My DH, DD21, and I will be there from 9/29-6/3 to visit our daughter who will be doing the DCP. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside staying in a Royal Room.
Welcome in to the September 2022 Group @PoohsFan1 pooh: !!!! The Port Orleans Riverside sounds Great in a Royal Room. I know you, your family and especially your daughter doing the College Program are very excited. Nice to be staying for all those months!!!!! We all getting so excited as it gets closer to September. I will add you to the Countdown List and see you here for more planning. pooh: :tigger::eeyore:

DVC points stay!
AKV-Jambo: 9/2-4
BLT: 9/4
Welcome to the September 2022 Group @hhisc16!!!!! :welcome: We are so glad you joined us counting down our trips. Sounds like a great stay at the Animal Kingdom Villas 🦓 🦒. (and Bay Lake) My family is hoping to get reservations at Boma for dinner. We have never been there but the menu looks good. I will add you to the Countdown List and we will see you here for more planning!!!! :mickeyjum

Joining the group way later than I normally do with our trips. This one has been hard to settle on and we keep waffling back and forth for a variety of reasons.
As of right now we are doing a split Universal (will be my first time there since 2000 and my families first trip ever) and WDW trip.
Staying at Royal Pacific from Sept 5-9 then moving to Shades of Green for the remainder, Sept 9-18.
Would love any advice, tips, or recommendations for Universal Studios as it's been a VERY long time since I visited and things are much different now.

Joining the group way later than I normally do with our trips. This one has been hard to settle on and we keep waffling back and forth for a variety of reasons.
As of right now we are doing a split Universal (will be my first time there since 2000 and my families first trip ever) and WDW trip.
Staying at Royal Pacific from Sept 5-9 then moving to Shades of Green for the remainder, Sept 9-18.
Would love any advice, tips, or recommendations for Universal Studios as it's been a VERY long time since I visited and things are much different now.
:welcome:in to the September 2022 Group @sweetyk83!!!! Never to late to join in with all of us. :D That is a great 2 week trip you have planned. It has been a long time since we went to Universal also but I would love to go there. I know you and your family are very excited. I will add you to the Countdown List and hopefully some of the September Group here can help with Universal advice. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

:wave: Hi @Leigh L and welcome to the September 2022 Group!!!! Nice weekend you have planned for MNSSHP - so exciting it is back again. We are glad you joined in!!!! :smickey: If you would post your dates, I will add you to the Countdown List!!! pooh:

You've got 4 days and express passes so you should be good to do everything :). It doesn't feel as huge as Disney because the parks are so close together. We just did 4 days in April and had a blast. It was busy since it was spring break, but we stayed at Sapphire Falls and had no Express Pass this time, but we still did everything we wanted multiple times (single rider for Gringotts and Men in Black was helpful to us).

The walk from RP to the parks is really nice in the morning if you like that (DD likes to get in early and it was quicker than the boat would have been as there was a line or we'd always just missed the boat).

My big tip is if you are going to do the water rides (more so the ones in the comics area than Jurassic World), be prepared! Those two rides are soakers - wayyyy more than Splash. We got pretty wet on Jurassic too being in the front (but would have been more like Splash otherwise) but the other 2 were absolutely drenching. My kidlet, now a teen, has never wanted to take midday breaks but she did that day, lol. We went in the $5 dryers but we weren't prepared at all to get THAT wet lol.

If you have any questions, happy to answer (we're staying at RP for a night in a few weeks and have stayed there a couple of years ago). Also, the UO forums on the DIS have lots of people who really know the parks :).

@Leigh L

Our dates almost exactly overlap, I'm 9/7-9/12.

I really want to go to Universal, but my schedule for a while doesn't seem to have time to fit it in, but your tips sounds really good. I'll have to come back and ask you more questions when I can finally go. But I have one question right now.... $5 dryers? Like for post water rides? I didn't know that was a thing. Its genius actually. I hate being wet after a water ride which is why I usually avoid them.

@Leigh L

Our dates almost exactly overlap, I'm 9/7-9/12.

I really want to go to Universal, but my schedule for a while doesn't seem to have time to fit it in, but your tips sounds really good. I'll have to come back and ask you more questions when I can finally go. But I have one question right now.... $5 dryers? Like for post water rides? I didn't know that was a thing. Its genius actually. I hate being wet after a water ride which is why I usually avoid them.
Fun! We've only gone once at this time of year, so excited to go at this time again :). Have you been to WDW in September before?

The dryers are huge and you walk in them, they are designed to fit a few people. I've seen them before, but can't remember where? Busch Gardens maybe? Next time I plan to either plan for the rides before we go back to the hotel or bring a ziplock bag with undergarments and buy the locker (small ones are free at rides, but I think the water rides charge for them.) We're also looking into water-resistant sneakers or sandals that are sturdy or bring flip flops and throw sneakers in the locker.

WDW is so big, that it's hard for us to do both in one trip for us, esp since my teen prefers UO, so we already have our passes from the last trip, so that part is already paid for so it was easier to fit 1-1.5 days in the park for our June trip.

Have you been to WDW in September before?

I haven't, but I've always wanted to go this time of year for the low crowds, fall decor, and halloween party. I had a trip planned for Disney and then UO for this time of year a few years back, but it ended up rescheduled for January.

Just got our MNSSHP tix for 9/16!
Nice! I got mine for 9/11. I woke up with the email in my inbox from Disney. I totally forgot they went on sale this morning and when I saw the email, before the coffee kicked in, I was like What?:confused3 I'm so glad I have an agent looking out for me with this, because I obviously can't remember a thing anymore. I was 10 minutes late for work this morning and I work from home. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter