• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

Ugh. That one in the red is up to no good. It's currently at a 70% chance of forming in the next 5 days. Of course you can't predict path or speed, but if it keeps north of the Leewards and Antilles, it looks like it might go over the Bahamas and into the Florida east coast. If it forms close to land then it's probably going to hit at a tropical storm level which won't close the parks. It will mess with flights though.

1661693388962.png

I remember Sept 2004 and Jeanne changed course at the last minute, on the Friday. Curfew 7pm on the Saturday night. Went DTD at last minute to Virgin Megastote bought couple of torches, couple of books and a Gameboy and games for my son. There was no one about and it was so eerily quiet. Lost power about 230 am. Lots of people in the original path had travelled to Orlando too.
Disney only Closed for the day but that was nothing compared to the destruction she caused elsewhere
I shall be watching!

We leave this coming Thursday September 1st not checking out until the September 15th. We have never been to Disney when a tropical storm or hurricane was in Florida. Could be a new experience this time...........but I am still so excited that our trips are almost here. Can't wait to see that castle.

We leave this coming Thursday September 1st not checking out until the September 15th. We have never been to Disney when a tropical storm or hurricane was in Florida. Could be a new experience this time...........but I am still so excited that our trips are almost here. Can't wait to see that castle.
I was in The World for Irma in '17. At POFQ. As a California kid it was my first. Everyone handled it so well It felt very safe. It was quite exciting!

I changed my flight in '19 because it looked like Dorian was going to close MCO on my arrival day - it get to Florida before it hit. The parks were empty for Labor Day weekend and for the next week as people decided not to risk it. Then it never hit mid-Florida. The only downside was as Dorian sucked all the clouds from the sky over The World it was the hottest I'd ever experienced in September. Not a cloud in the sky for three day and no wind at all.

Nine days until I leave for Florida - Fourteen days until I'm in The World!

I was in The World for Irma in '17. At POFQ. As a California kid it was my first. Everyone handled it so well I felt very safe. I was quite exciting!

I changed my flight in '19 because it looked like Dorian was going to close MCO on my arrival day - it get to Florida before it hit. The parks were empty for Labor Day weekend and for the next week as people decided not to risk it. Then it never hit mid-Florida. The only downside was as Dorian sucked all the clouds from the sky over The World it was the hottest I'd ever experienced in September. Not a cloud in the sky for three day and no wind at all.

I was there for Dorian. It was wonderful the Poly Oasis pool was totally empty that Sunday and I had whole pool to myself! Then went to the Halloween Party and it was practically empty.

I was in The World for Irma in '17. At POFQ. As a California kid it was my first. Everyone handled it so well It felt very safe. It was quite exciting!

We arrived right after the hurricane is 2017 - was thinking it was Matthew I believe was Irma? We were literally the first flight into MCO and it was so eerie. The airport was empty and there nation guardsmen in there.
We were staying at the YC but moved over to AKL club level. We also were the only the first cruise out of PC on the Dream. Castaway Cay had several palms down and the water was not as clear as usual but it was still a great time.

I know Disney had a very very low rate for those choosing to stay during the hurricane and after. YC had many people with their dogs and I love dogs but we decided to switch. Even after switching to CL, we still had a large room credit to use up.

Just boarded the Mears bus!!! Heading to AKL and will grab some lunch there and probably do a load of laundry since I’ve been in FL for four days already and it’s been toasty of course. My dad arrived last night and is spending today at AK. We have a dinner reservation for Sanaa tonight and Boma for breakfast tomorrow. Let the eating begin! 😂

We arrived right after the hurricane is 2017 - was thinking it was Matthew I believe was Irma? We were literally the first flight into MCO and it was so eerie. The airport was empty and there nation guardsmen in there.
We were staying at the YC but moved over to AKL club level. We also were the only the first cruise out of PC on the Dream. Castaway Cay had several palms down and the water was not as clear as usual but it was still a great time.

I know Disney had a very very low rate for those choosing to stay during the hurricane and after. YC had many people with their dogs and I love dogs but we decided to switch. Even after switching to CL, we still had a large room credit to use up.
A lot of locals come and stay at Disney during a hurricane because it’s so much safer than their homes and they are allowed to bring their pets and are charged low rates.

On a bus currently with the conference group in the Miami area. Looking forward to arriving in Disney tomorrow afternoon! I’ve seen reports on the August thread about it feeling hotter than it normally does in late August and also rain and storms canceling fireworks. Hoping it won’t be too bad while we’re there and also kicking myself for losing the charging cable for my neck fan! I have the fan with me so maybe I can find the correct usb cable here somewhere or maybe someone left one behind and the front desk can lend it to me… that one is a long shot I know! 😂
omg....hope you find another!

omg....hope you find another!
We shall see! I’ve been in Naples and Miami over the past few days and have fared well without one so if not I’ll be fine. I also brought a solar umbrella.

Mears ride was super smooth and AKL was the second stop. Room was already ready when I arrived 15 minutes ago and we have a nice pool view! Now downstairs to grab some lunch and then I’ll start some laundry. I have til 8:30 on my own since my dad plans to stay at AK until park close.😊

This is from the hurricane center five day outlook. I’m starting to get nervous. We leave the 8th, check in on the 9th.

We arrive on the 2nd through the 9th. I'm getting nervous too and trying not to let this possibility damper my excitement. I'm a worrier and I always seem to plan vacations during hurricane season when I should know better (cruises, Disney, etc..) lol

We arrive on the 2nd through the 9th. I'm getting nervous too and trying not to let this possibility damper my excitement. I'm a worrier and I always seem to plan vacations during hurricane season when I should know better (cruises, Disney, etc..) lol
Worrying is my greatest talent I think lol. My anniversary is September 12, we have always gone on our vacations that week. This will be our third Disney World trip in mid September. The weather was great for the first two, hopefully our luck holds.

We shall see! I’ve been in Naples and Miami over the past few days and have fared well without one so if not I’ll be fine. I also brought a solar umbrella.

Mears ride was super smooth and AKL was the second stop. Room was already ready when I arrived 15 minutes ago and we have a nice pool view! Now downstairs to grab some lunch and then I’ll start some laundry. I have til 8:30 on my own since my dad plans to stay at AK until park close.😊
Have a great time!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter