• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

We've added 2 days on the front end of our reservation. Instead of arriving on 9/12, we will arrive at the Tampa airport on 9/10. Problem is we can't decide where to stay for 2 nights. There is always the Doubletree at Disney Springs, but wondering if we should stay in Clearwater area instead. With it being hurricane season I'm a little wary of booking a hotel on the beach, but I guess we could always look for hotels with cancellation. Forecast shows 58% chance of rain/ scattered thunderstorms, but it's showing that for all of Florida. We already have 10 nights at Disney, so I'm really torn on what to do. Anyone know if any place with indoor pools and pool bars in Florida? What would you do?

We've added 2 days on the front end of our reservation. Instead of arriving on 9/12, we will arrive at the Tampa airport on 9/10. Problem is we can't decide where to stay for 2 nights. There is always the Doubletree at Disney Springs, but wondering if we should stay in Clearwater area instead. With it being hurricane season I'm a little wary of booking a hotel on the beach, but I guess we could always look for hotels with cancellation. Forecast shows 58% chance of rain/ scattered thunderstorms, but it's showing that for all of Florida. We already have 10 nights at Disney, so I'm really torn on what to do. Anyone know if any place with indoor pools and pool bars in Florida? What would you do?

You could try this one. It lists an indoor pool, but Florida is going to have rain every day no matter what, its not usually a washout. I understand not wanting a beach hotel though, especially gulf area. I know there's nothing forecast there, but those storms if anything develops are nasty.

Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport

Ok, its finally time to pack! I was holding off until after my cleaning lady came today. I waited till the place looked perfect before I basically destroy it all with putting everything out to get ready lol. :rotfl2: All that stuff I've been jamming into my guest room can finally come out along with my lists.
I was going to finish packing today but my cleaning ladies come tomorrow! 😂

Good Morning to our September 2022 Group.
Tomorrow we leave for our trip driving to Brunswick Georgia for the first night and arriving at our Happy Place on the 2nd. When I first posted is there a September Group started yet on Oct 11, 2021, @StageTek said do you not want to start one? Having never hosted or coordinated a Group on the Dis, I was very reluctant but decided why not try it. It is was a very good decision, because I feel I have gotten to know many of you through our posts. It has been a great experience to "meet" such a group of nice friendly and helpful people. I have learned so much from many of you. So @StageTek I want to say Thank you for the encouragement or I would not have jumped in. Even though I will be on my trip, I will continue to add any new Disney Travelers that join us while I am away and also post about how I am experiencing the parks along with what I see as far as crowds. So with a few happy tears this morning (I tear up when I see the castle the first time also) I wish everyone the very best of trips this September.
Jamie

Tomorrow we leave for our trip driving to Brunswick Georgia for the first night and arriving at our Happy Place on the 2nd. When I first posted is there a September Group started yet on Oct 11, 2021, @StageTek said do you not want to start one? Having never hosted or coordinated a Group on the Dis, I was very reluctant but decided why not try it. It is was a very good decision, because I feel I have gotten to know many of you through our posts. It has been a great experience to "meet" such a group of nice friendly and helpful people. I have learned so much from many of you. So @StageTek I want to say Thank you for the encouragement or I would not have jumped in. Even though I will be on my trip, I will continue to add any new Disney Travelers that join us while I am away and also post about how I am experiencing the parks along with what I see as far as crowds. So with a few happy tears this morning (I tear up when I see the castle the first time also) I wish everyone the very best of trips this September.
Jamie
I hope your trip is amazing, Jamie! I look forward to your updates! :goodvibes

Have a great trip @jamieluvsdisney! I have started and kept the September list for several different years in the past so I know how much work goes into it once it starts getting active. You did a great job and appreciate you doing it for 2022! Looking forward to your posts during your trip.
Thank you so much. You have done an excellent job in the past as well. I have been a part of your September Groups in the past several times. You were my mentor 😊.

Jamie
I pray you have safe travels! Luckily the drive will be super quick from Brunswick to WDW. If you can, make a stop for dinner in Savannah before getting to Brunswick! There are so many delicious options in Savannah (I’m not sure of Brunswick’s offerings). I’ll see you in Disney Saturday!!!! 🏰

I pray you have safe travels! Luckily the drive will be super quick from Brunswick to WDW. If you can, make a stop for dinner in Savannah before getting to Brunswick! There are so many delicious options in Savannah (I’m not sure of Brunswick’s offerings). I’ll see you in Disney Saturday!!!! 🏰
Thank you so much. And safe trip for you as well. Excellent idea for Savannah dinner. I will look at some options there today. Disney here we come!

At AK today and crowds are low again. 20 minutes for Navi and Flight of passage according to the app. We’re relaxing in Nomad Lounge but will see if those times are accurate in a few minutes. Another late start for us since we didn’t get to bed until after 1am after the party last night. My dad also isn’t feeling great. Migraine yesterday and still not feeling great today unfortunately. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter