• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

On the ground update: the September slowdown is in full force. AK was super low crowds yesterday. We were there more for shows than rides, but there were so few people around, no real lines for food, etc. We decided to hop to Epcot for dinner and were able to pick up a Guardians VQ at 6:30pm! It was threatening rain, so we wanted to see if there was any table service available instead of doing F&W booths. Picked up a Creperie ADR for 7pm for a party of 5, walked over (we were coming in through IG so already close by) and they seated us as soon as we got there, 20 minutes early. VQ called while we were eating, so less than an hour virtual wait for the newest ride at WDW. It was wild!

Ok, its finally time to pack! I was holding off until after my cleaning lady came today. I waited till the place looked perfect before I basically destroy it all with putting everything out to get ready lol. :rotfl2: All that stuff I've been jamming into my guest room can finally come out along with my lists.
I'm with ya! I always clean before I pack too, what's up with that?:hippie:

So we just added another person to our trip. We leave on the 18th, so we shall see if she gets her MB+ in time! My daughter is still waiting on hers to arrive and it shipped over a week ago :scared: We still think we'll get them but if not, we will have to call and see if they honor the gift card to get one there.

Good Morning to our September 2022 Group.
Tomorrow we leave for our trip driving to Brunswick Georgia for the first night and arriving at our Happy Place on the 2nd. When I first posted is there a September Group started yet on Oct 11, 2021, @StageTek said do you not want to start one? Having never hosted or coordinated a Group on the Dis, I was very reluctant but decided why not try it. It is was a very good decision, because I feel I have gotten to know many of you through our posts. It has been a great experience to "meet" such a group of nice friendly and helpful people. I have learned so much from many of you. So @StageTek I want to say Thank you for the encouragement or I would not have jumped in. Even though I will be on my trip, I will continue to add any new Disney Travelers that join us while I am away and also post about how I am experiencing the parks along with what I see as far as crowds. So with a few happy tears this morning (I tear up when I see the castle the first time also) I wish everyone the very best of trips this September.
Jamie
That's so funny. I always stop in Brunswick, GA on my way down to Disney. In fact I will be at the Hampton Inn there on 9/10 then off to Disney on the 11th! It's a nice way to break up the drive. Hope you have a great time.

Not sure why my ticker stops working. :oops:

Last edited:
Well September WDW travelers; here we are! For me four days out. I leave Monday the 5th. A few days at Universal then Sept 10 in The World for ten days.

@jamieluvsdisney thanks so much for managing this thread! I've had so much fun reading about everyone's plans.

I work Labor Day until 7PM (five shows that day), head home, pack and catch a Lyft at 9PM to arrive at LAX at 9:30ish for an 11:30PM flight.

I see there are 12 of us arriving on Sept 10 – three of us at POP. It would be kinda fun to put a person to the name. I don't want to try to set a meeting time or arrange anything so I'm gonna throw out this offer:

I'm traveling solo as I usually do. I typically wear Hawaiian Shirts and a baseball-type cap - always Disney - “I conquered the People Mover”, a Mickey 50th, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast Broadway Musical, and a greying goatee. In the evening I spend an hour or so on the smoking bench with a cigar – often pretty late after the parks close. I have a little YouTube channel so you may see me with my GoPro wandering around the resort.

If I hear, “Hey Stagetek” I'll know it's a fellow DISer and would love to have a bit of a chat.

I know we're all looking to a fun, Disney World adventure and I wish everyone a great, stress free time.

Sept2019.jpg2021-12-02 - Epcot - Japan at Epcot2 copy.jpeg

@StageTek I will be on the lookout for you! I always wear a visor with my hair in a ponytail (all but on the first day when we arrive). DH carries a DSLR camera with a black and white mickey strap.

Last edited:
Resort pool is busier today as well as the lobby. Holiday weekend travelers arriving it looks like. Unfortunately, our trip is kind of a bust with my dad still not feeling well. Had to leave HS early and before our Ogas reservation last night. His symptoms seem to align with possible Lyme disease but he needs to get to a doctor when he gets home to figure it out. He works outdoors in a rural area so it’s definitely a possibility and all the symptoms line up. Heading home tomorrow.

Thank you all, we are trying to get a flight together today and my mom will be taking him to the doctor as soon as he gets home. I've booked my flight and there were quite a few seats open. He can get on the same flight with no change fee as long as the seats are still open. All packed up and heading to the lobby to get a Lyft to the airport. Wish us luck!

Well September WDW travelers; here we are! For me four days out. I leave Monday the 5th. A few days at Universal then Sept 10 in The World for ten days.

@jamieluvsdisney thanks so much for managing this thread! I've had so much fun reading about everyone's plans.

I work Labor Day until 7PM (five shows that day), head home, pack and catch a Lyft at 9PM to arrive at LAX at 9:30ish for an 11:30PM flight.

I see there are 12 of us arriving on Sept 10 – three of us at POP. It would be kinda fun to put a person to the name. I don't want to try to set a meeting time or arrange anything so I'm gonna throw out this offer:

I'm traveling solo as I usually do. I typically wear Hawaiian Shirts and a baseball-type cap - always Disney - “I conquered the People Mover”, a Mickey 50th, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast Broadway Musical, and a greying goatee. In the evening I spend an hour or so on the smoking bench with a cigar – often pretty late after the parks close. I have a little YouTube channel so you may see me with my GoPro wandering around the resort.

If I hear, “Hey Stagetek” I'll know it's a fellow DISer and would love to have a bit of a chat.

I know we're all looking to a fun, Disney World adventure and I wish everyone a great, stress free time.

View attachment 699132View attachment 699133
I'll try to remember to look for you at POP (where I'll be staying as well), but sometimes my memory goes on vacation too.

If anyone goes to Gideon’s Bakehouse before September 18 can you send a report with the return time frame (waitlist). Please. We have never been, wanted to try to get on the list for our DS dinner the 18th.

I really do wish some of these vloggers bloggers and some others would stop yelling about how low the crowds are and posting about empty parks and “off season returns”....at least until after we complete our visit ...and then everybody can know and people can pour into the parks....
anyway hoping everyone coming in September has a fabulous time!

Good news!! The post office FINALLY scanned in that they have my MB+ package and I should have it tomorrow.

Thank you all, we are trying to get a flight together today and my mom will be taking him to the doctor as soon as he gets home. I've booked my flight and there were quite a few seats open. He can get on the same flight with no change fee as long as the seats are still open. All packed up and heading to the lobby to get a Lyft to the airport. Wish us luck!
Best of luck to you both!

I really do wish some of these vloggers bloggers and some others would stop yelling about how low the crowds are and posting about empty parks and “off season returns”....at least until after we complete our visit ...and then everybody can know and people can pour into the parks....
anyway hoping everyone coming in September has a fabulous time!
LOL yes please don't let out the secret. My dreams agent was down yesterday and she told me it was dead too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter