• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

I have a super embarrassing question🙈 I have not been to Disney in 14 years and I was much smaller then. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall and 187 pounds. I was about 115 pounds last time. I want to ride things like the barnstormer, magic carpet, dumbo, and similar rides with my three grandsons. Will I fit? Are there some I should avoid? Thank you!

So, just to be 100% clear, you can't ride most of these with all three of them *at once* as they are 2- and 3-person vehicles. I'm assuming you know that you'll have to take turns as to who sits with Nana, but you know what they say when you assume...

I was going to say the only ride on your list I find tight is The Barnstormer because it was built to be kids size. I think you'll be fine with a child with you and shorter legs. Two adults and longer legs is deff a tight fit on that ride IMO.

I have a super embarrassing question🙈 I have not been to Disney in 14 years and I was much smaller then. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall and 187 pounds. I was about 115 pounds last time. I want to ride things like the barnstormer, magic carpet, dumbo, and similar rides with my three grandsons. Will I fit? Are there some I should avoid? Thank you!
Don't be embarrassed. I am a similar weight and 5'4" and there are zero rides that I can't ride. Now, on the Dumbo, Magic carpets, Triceratop Spin, etc. You may only have one child with you. There is no way you can have four people in one ride. Is that what you are asking?

Anyone there now using a MB+

What has been your experience with the band holding the charge? And if the band runs out of charge, what will and won't work?

So, just to be 100% clear, you can't ride most of these with all three of them *at once* as they are 2- and 3-person vehicles. I'm assuming you know that you'll have to take turns as to who sits with Nana, but you know what they say when you assume...
I am planning to take turns with them. My daughter and son-in-law are going also. Thank you.
I was going to say the only ride on your list I find tight is The Barnstormer because it was built to be kids size. I think you'll be fine with a child with you and shorter legs. Two adults and longer legs is deff a tight fit on that ride IMO.
Hopefully since they are all tiny I will not have a problem. Thank you.
Don't be embarrassed. I am a similar weight and 5'4" and there are zero rides that I can't ride. Now, on the Dumbo, Magic carpets, Triceratop Spin, etc. You may only have one child with you. There is no way you can have four people in one ride. Is that what you are asking?
I am planning to take turns with them. They will not be able to do several of the rides and some only one of them will be tall enough. They are 10 months, 2 years, and 3 years old. I was worried I would get through the line and when I started to board I would not be able to fit. Thank you.

Anyone there now using a MB+

What has been your experience with the band holding the charge? And if the band runs out of charge, what will and won't work?
Here now, they’ve lasted at least a full day and if I understand the color flash system when you plug it in ours have been at about half charge by the end of some long busy days. So I’d guess two days max on a full charge. If they run out they should just do all the things a normal MB does- park ticket LL and photo pass.

I am planning to take turns with them. My daughter and son-in-law are going also. Thank you.

Hopefully since they are all tiny I will not have a problem. Thank you.

I am planning to take turns with them. They will not be able to do several of the rides and some only one of them will be tall enough. They are 10 months, 2 years, and 3 years old. I was worried I would get through the line and when I started to board I would not be able to fit. Thank you.
Here now with my kid’s Pooh sized grandpa. He did feel uncomfortable on barnstormer and rode alone since we had enough adults to match the kids without needing him, and FoP they did come help him adjust to make the back restraint lock but it’s been gracious and fine. The CMs are really respectful about gently putting him on rows of two vs three so he’ll have space. He hasn’t done any of the bigger coasters so I can’t speak to GoTG or Everest, but anything he’s done with my younger kids has been fine!

We leave first thing Saturday morning but I feel like I’m not at all ready! I had to go out of town to visit my mom and will get back Thursday afternoon- what am I missing? What are all the last minute things I should be going? Usually I’m such a list maker but I feel overwhelmed and don’t even know how to start this final list! Any suggestions?

Here now, they’ve lasted at least a full day and if I understand the color flash system when you plug it in ours have been at about half charge by the end of some long busy days. So I’d guess two days max on a full charge. If they run out they should just do all the things a normal MB does- park ticket LL and photo pass.

Here now with my kid’s Pooh sized grandpa. He did feel uncomfortable on barnstormer and rode alone since we had enough adults to match the kids without needing him, and FoP they did come help him adjust to make the back restraint lock but it’s been gracious and fine. The CMs are really respectful about gently putting him on rows of two vs three so he’ll have space. He hasn’t done any of the bigger coasters so I can’t speak to GoTG or Everest, but anything he’s done with my younger kids has been fine!
Thank you!

We are leaving early tomorrow morning and stopping in South Carolina for the night. I am still packing and do not feel ready. Has anyone worn slip on sandals in the park? I am thinking about wearing my Birkenstock sandals instead of tennis shoes. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I hate wearing tennis shoes.

We are leaving early tomorrow morning and stopping in South Carolina for the night. I am still packing and do not feel ready. Has anyone worn slip on sandals in the park? I am thinking about wearing my Birkenstock sandals instead of tennis shoes. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I hate wearing tennis shoes.
I am planning to wear them at Disney in a few weeks. I've been in a boot for the majority of the summer and Birkenstocks are the most comfortable and supportive for my needs.

We leave first thing Saturday morning but I feel like I’m not at all ready! I had to go out of town to visit my mom and will get back Thursday afternoon- what am I missing? What are all the last minute things I should be going? Usually I’m such a list maker but I feel overwhelmed and don’t even know how to start this final list! Any suggestions?
Clothes? Moleskin and otc meds for sore feet and headache? Cooling towel? It’s intensely hot here. No joke do and get whatever you need to deal with unrelenting sun and humidity.
We all brought really good tennis shoes and good socks and half my party has blisters already from wearing the same shoes everyday and exacerbating sore spots. I think everyone should rotate footwear if you can, even if that means good sandals in the park and tennis shoes at the resort or whatever.

I feel so similar about not feeling ready! Like I'm going to miss something major or something. Though it might be that I just haven't procrastinated getting this stuff done so it feels weird hahahah.

I'm currently half packed, with a list of what else I want to take. Got my laundry load done yesterday so easy to finish up with packing today. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything but should have some time tomorrow before I head to my friends' place prior to going to the airport (they are making me dinner and I'm parking at their place as they are 10 mins max from the airport and have a free parking spot lol) if need be. So far I seem to be managing with a carryon but we'll see if that continues to be the case when I start trying to get shoes packed lol.

Hi everyone! Currently at my room at pofq. I love it here so much. Had a flight delay. Apparently the pilots weren’t comfortable with the cracked windshield on the plane that was at our gate when we were JUST about to board. 😜 But it was all good. Made it here safe and sound. I’ve unpacked and I’m waiting out a bit of weather before heading to DS for some shopping and a bit of dinner. Hoping to get to bed early and have a good nights sleep so I’m ready to go bright and early at Epcot tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter