***Official September 2022 Thread***

We are leaving early tomorrow morning and stopping in South Carolina for the night. I am still packing and do not feel ready. Has anyone worn slip on sandals in the park? I am thinking about wearing my Birkenstock sandals instead of tennis shoes. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I hate wearing tennis shoes.
I’m very late in responding but in September 2019 I wore Target’s dupe of Birkenstocks and I absolutely loved them. Neither my feet nor legs hurt or felt sore at all! My trip was last week (hence the delay) and I wore Hey Dude loafers that we bought the Saturday we arrived (3rd). I wore them the majority of the trip and they were pretty good too, especially considering we didn’t have any breaking in time. I’ve had trouble with my knees over the summer but they never really hurt last week. My upper calves and behind my knees were sore and tired. I took Motrin a couple of times either before nap or before bed. I woke up feeling great. I brought those sandals with me again and I do wish I had worn them. In all honestly, I had a spray tan and my ankles always look crazy when I get one so I wanted to keep them hidden. 😂

Flight leaves at 8:30 tomorrow and I have already been up since 4:00 today thinking of the last minute things to do. Started making my Walmart delivery order, was going to do Amazon Fresh, but the options seemed limited. I did have a thought last night, what will I do with my sleepless nights once our trip is over? No more need to check the Dis or MDE. 🤣 Husband suggested I sleep, but who needs sleep. LOL

Winding down my trip - three more full days then leaving late on Tuesday.

Parks were more crowded than on my last three pre-pandemic trips, but still lower than the first week of December '21. I got into the Virtual Queue for GoTG three times.

The rain storms late in the day Sept. 15 and 16 were crazy. The road under the water bridge flooded on the 15th for about three hours so buses has to go all the way around the back of MK.

I posted a bit back about my husband’s illness.
He is recovering well and has been out of the hospital since 9/4. The mass was NOT cancer but they did have to remove 46 cm of his colon and of course his appendix that was ruptured and abscessed.

I wanted to cancel this vacation but DH did not and he says he has been looking forward to it for many months. He said we will just rent an ECV because he is only up to walking maybe 2 miles a day right now.

So, we will be back in less than a week.

I posted a bit back about my husband’s illness.
He is recovering well and has been out of the hospital since 9/4. The mass was NOT cancer but they did have to remove 46 cm of his colon and of course his appendix that was ruptured and abscessed.

I wanted to cancel this vacation but DH did not and he says he has been looking forward to it for many months. He said we will just rent an ECV because he is only up to walking maybe 2 miles a day right now.

So, we will be back in less than a week.

So glad your husband does not have cancer and the mass removal was successful. You will have a wonderful time and celebrate life!!!

An ECV is a wonderful idea!! We will be there too...so here is to sunny clear days and fun!

Have a great trip

Here now. Went to MK on Sunday (party day) and felt like super low crowds. We had a Tony’s reservation for 5:45pm and we sat out in the patio which was great for people watching as everyone arrived for the Halloween party. Food was OK. We really liked the garlic bread and mozzarella sticks the best!! (they were called something else but were glorified mozzarella sticks) Main meals were just ok. Overall it was a great day!

Today we did Hollywood Studios and holy crowds! It was cuckoo!!! Loved Rise! Millennium Falcon was meh IMO. I still really enjoy Star Tours even though it is dated. We did ToT and RNRC, my boys first time, 8 and 10, and they loved both! We had genie + which helped with the crowds and waits but ended up criss crossing the parks all day bc we could never get times and rides well coordinated. Enjoyed a late lunch at Sci-Fi, the food and service were great!!!

MNSSHP tomorrow night. Fingers crossed for good weather!!!!

We got back from our couples trip on Sunday. Here's a quick recap for anyone interested!

Tues 9/13: Arrived at MCO around 7:30 am, took an Uber to Pop, and Skyliner to EPCOT. It was our first time on the Skyliner and it was awesome! Felt like another ride. LOL We arrived at EPCOT by 9:00 am. Headed to Future World and rode Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and Nemo. Took the Friendship Boat across the lagoon for lunch in Japan (QS). Walked to France and stood in long, hot line for martini slush at F&W booth which was delicious (highly recommend). Didn't care for the creme brûlée (mushy and warm). Did some people-watching and then took the Skyliner back to Pop for a break (tired from early flight). Around 3:30 headed back to EPCOT for 4:25 ADR at Space 220 Lounge. We loved the whole experience and felt lucky to have gotten the ADR. Rode Spaceship Earth again then headed to World Showcase to wander around before Harmonious (also rode Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico). We found a spot for Harmonious in the large space right where FW meets WS in front of the lagoon. It was filling up fairly quickly and we waited 1.5 hours for the show to start. By the time it started they made everyone stand up to fit more people in, so that part wasn’t great but we loved the show. After the show we went to the Skyliner to wait in the horrendously long line to get back to Pop. It kept temporarily stalling which was frustrating but we finally made it back and hit the sack around 12:30. I think we had been up for almost 22 hours because of our early flight!

Wed 9/14: Purchased Genie+ at 6:45 am and at 7:00 got LL for Haunted Mansion for 9:15 return time (PPF was already too far out). Arrived by bus to MK by 8:30 and hit early entry. Went right to PPF and had a 30 minute wait, but we were OK with this (DH had never seen the full queue anyway). Rode HM and got next LL for Pirates. When we got to Pirates for our LL the standby time was only 10 minutes, so we rode standby and then got right on again with our LL. LOL Got next LL for Splash. Rode standby on magic carpets to kill some time. Actually killed more time than we wanted because standby time was not posted and it ended up being like a 25 minute wait. Rode Splash. Went to lunch at Casey’s and got a table outside from which we were able to see part of the noon parade. Got a LL for BTMR for 1:00. On the way to BTMR did Swiss Family Treehouse and Country Bear Jamboree. Had never done country bears before and won’t do it again. Very outdated and I think we dozed off a bit. LOL Rode BTMR and got LL for Buzz. Rode Buzz, although it malfunctioned while we were on it, lights came on and we lost our scores, but no biggie. People mover unfortunately too crowded to ride. Did Laugh Floor and got some ice cream and headed back to Pop around 3:00 for a break. Turned out to be perfect timing because rain hit during our break. Got LL for Pooh before heading back to MK around 5:30. Pooh was down for technical reasons which was OK because we got an anytime LL. Did Carousel of Progress, Small World, and then used anytime LL for BTMR (love riding this at night). Headed quickly to Contemporary to see fireworks from the California Grill balcony since we had an ADR there for later. It was cool to see the “bigger picture” of the fireworks from this vantage point, but I don’t think I would do it again. Because of the angle, the fireworks actually appear to be to the right of the castle as opposed to behind it as intended. Our table for CG was ready about 9:35 and we had an awesome table right at the window. Very nice dinner but glad I had Disney reward redemption dollars to pay for it ($$$). Uber back to Pop. Moral of today: definitely recommend Genie+ for MK! I actually enjoyed the process of seeing what ride would pop up each time I checked.

Sorry this is so long. That's only 2 of our 5 days, so I will write more later. Unless I should take this to trip reports instead?

From what I've read, it looks like it could threaten the Gulf Coast.
I've seen that and also saw an Orlando meteorologist show another path thats likely which would bring it up the west coast of FL and into central FL. Hoping it doesn't continue to grow in strength.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter