***Official September 2023 Thread***

Love the cooling towels! We use them every trip, we go in September every year.

I need to start making new shirts for the boys. I usually make them a different themed shirt for each day and 1 family day. Now my husband is more into the custom shirts than the kids. LOL
I gotta get these cooling towels! Never tried one.

I want to get some disposable raincoats/ponchos for our trip. We were given some nice ones that were closed on the sides, like a regular coat rather than open like a poncho. The plastic wasn't too flimsy, either. Does anyone know where I can get some nice ones?

Hi all! Haven’t posted yet, but we are doing a split stay for the first time ever! Was doing Contemporary 9/2-9/5 (huge splurge) followed by Riverside thru the 10th. MNSSHP on the 4th. HOWEVER - we just got pixie-dusted! Offered AKL or Grand Floridian instead of Contemporary. Accepted GF resort view. SO excited as we would never stay there due to price. I’ll check out the GF board, but thought I’d see if anyone else here has tips! Let’s all hope it cools off a bit before September!

Hi all! Haven’t posted yet, but we are doing a split stay for the first time ever! Was doing Contemporary 9/2-9/5 (huge splurge) followed by Riverside thru the 10th. MNSSHP on the 4th. HOWEVER - we just got pixie-dusted! Offered AKL or Grand Floridian instead of Contemporary. Accepted GF resort view. SO excited as we would never stay there due to price. I’ll check out the GF board, but thought I’d see if anyone else here has tips! Let’s all hope it cools off a bit before September!
The only tip I have is to plan on going to MK and AK while you are at the GF and going to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Disney Springs while at POR. The bus service at GF is not as dependable as it is at a resort like POR. There isn't a bus to Epcot from GF. You have to take two monorails which is not very convenient from GF. But we do think that the bus to/from AK is very good from GF.

I want to get some disposable raincoats/ponchos for our trip. We were given some nice ones that were closed on the sides, like a regular coat rather than open like a poncho. The plastic wasn't too flimsy, either. Does anyone know where I can get some nice ones?
I gotta get these cooling towels! Never tried one.
Me neither but all the blogs say they’re helpful. I bought mine on Amazon. They have a clip so they can be attached to my bag. They’re like a small scarf

Last edited:
Joining in with the September excitement. We just booked a trip for Sept 23rd-27th. We're staying in a Little Mermaid room at AoA. My 3 year old has been- in her words- "growing so she can ride slinky dog." She is now over 37" so we think with some thick soled tennis shoes she can reach the 38" mark. Fingers crossed. If not she will just have to wait till the next trip.

Don’t know if this is allowed so if not I’m sorry.

I’m going to be canceling (soon as I figure out how to long on to my mothers acct) a reservation

at Topolino’s Character breakfast for 3 people’s for Monday Sept 11th @ 11:30am

figured I’d post incase anyone wants to try & get it.
again sorry if not allowed to post this

I just planned a trip a few weeks ago for Sept 17-23, staying offsite. I was lucky and got one of the last MNSSHP tickets for the 17th - they were sold out the next day. Doing the 4 park, 4 day ticket so will take a break mid trip. Looking forward to it. Just pray no tropical stuff happens

Im Packing purell and a few masks I just saw a post that the new strain of Covid seems to be around Disney not sure if this just a rumor or truth….I just want to be prepared. Saw the post on Pop thread.

Last edited:
Im Packing purell and a few masks I just saw a post that the new strain of Covid seems to around….not sure if this just a rumor or truth….I just want to be prepared. Saw the post on Pop thread.
That’s crossed my mind too. Think I’m just going to do the sanitizer because masks will be stifling. We’re all vax’d so I hope it’s enough. I imagine we’ll see masked up people, though. I did when I went back in January

An Orlando-base TA in one of my Disney FB groups has said that there's a lot of Covid in and around Orlando. So, we're adding masks to our park bags.

And Idalia may make our drive down much longer as I may have to go a different way than I-95 on Thursday. 😢

That’s crossed my mind too. Think I’m just going to do the sanitizer because masks will be stifling. We’re all vax’d so I hope it’s enough. I imagine we’ll see masked up people, though. I did when I went back in January
Actually just read that a new vaccine will be available mid-September so I’ll pack some masks just in case things ramp up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter