• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Unless they find a stash of TIE Fighter popcorn buckets, it appears that the souvenir gift will change again by this Friday. I'm not going to post what it is as I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone going. I will tell you that it's much smaller than the TIE Fighter and I'm very happy about that.

Also, the mobile stages seem to be working well. They currently leave Center Stage at 7pm. As they are similar to parade floats, complete with traveling music, the moving process is turning into a parade of sorts with guests following the three stages to the exit gate.

Rats, I was hoping for the Tie Fighter (obviously not packing it)!

Happy for you though Fastpasser, I know how much you loved putting those things together

That is funny!! :laughing:
In talking to the "parks manager on duty" last night, he found it amusing how it's evolving. If it keeps up, he thinks he may have CMs hold a rope behind the last section to keep guests away. I suggested that they have a few characters walk along side and make a big deal about it.

The roving Launch Bay Stormtroopers were extra engaged and funny last night. They always interact with the CMs at the dessert party check-in podium. They always stop by to check that they're on the guest list, and they always are. But at one point last night, they took charge of the podium and had anyone wanted to check in, they would have done it. All this attracted a crowd who enjoyed it immensely, including the CMs who had been replaced by the men in white. I'm hoping that someone got a photo or video of the take over.

I sure hope it's an indication of the direction they're going for the food in SW:GE. It's more along the lines of what they did with Pandora and Satu'li - creating food options that are thematically consistent with the land and help with the immersion - and that's just fine with me. I also appreciate the creativity and inspiration - frog legs with squid ink noodles a la Jabba? Root leaf stew with lamb chop for Dagobah? Brilliant. And very happy to see the following: "Vegan curry with coconut, plantains, sweet potatoes and blue sauce with a hint of spice – inspired by the peaceful herbivore bantha" I'll continue beating the drum for "blue milk" inspired items in SWL.

In talking to the "parks manager on duty" last night, he found it amusing how it's evolving. If it keeps up, he thinks he may have CMs hold a rope behind the last section to keep guests away. I suggested that they have a few characters walk along side and make a big deal about it.
Have the CM from Jedi Training do a thing at the end...this is not the stage you're looking for

I sure hope it's an indication of the direction they're going for the food in SW:GE. It's more along the lines of what they did with Pandora and Satu'li - creating food options that are thematically consistent with the land and help with the immersion - and that's just fine with me. I also appreciate the creativity and inspiration - frog legs with squid ink noodles a la Jabba? Root leaf stew with lamb chop for Dagobah? Brilliant. And very happy to see the following: "Vegan curry with coconut, plantains, sweet potatoes and blue sauce with a hint of spice – inspired by the peaceful herbivore bantha" I'll continue beating the drum for "blue milk" inspired items in SWL.
blue milk is guaranteed at Galaxy's Edge. I also would like to try whatever Aunt Beru was cooking with the juicer thing, and maybe a nod to the ice cream maker from the Cloud City scene

blue milk is guaranteed at Galaxy's Edge. I also would like to try whatever Aunt Beru was cooking with the juicer thing, and maybe a nod to the ice cream maker from the Cloud City scene
Quite a few interesting possibilities - and looks like they'll run with them. The only idea I'm against is anything along the lines of an Ewok village barbecue. Guests will be tied up forever trying to get out that place.

Timing question - we currently have a reservation for 5:45pm at 50's Prime Time before Galactic Nights, which we are going to. Is this too late? I'll likely keep trying to get an ADR closer to 5 but of course who knows if I will have any luck.

Or should we be focusing on trying the SW food on offer? Does that food work like Epcot F&W where you can purchase it at booths?

Timing question - we currently have a reservation for 5:45pm at 50's Prime Time before Galactic Nights, which we are going to. Is this too late? I'll likely keep trying to get an ADR closer to 5 but of course who knows if I will have any luck.

Or should we be focusing on trying the SW food on offer? Does that food work like Epcot F&W where you can purchase it at booths?
this is the first time they are offering this deal/meal/food so not sure how it will work, but I would do the $30 sampling during GN, it sounds like a lot of food and it'll keep you immersed in the theme

Don't know yet.
If you're attending soon, and if you really would rather have the TIE Fighter, ask if they have any?

We won't be there until Dec 19th so prob not ;) We'll just be happy with what we get. If y'all still have some left at that point I may ask, but not holding my breath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter