**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Hi! Does anyone have knowledge or experience of the gluten free options at the dessert party?
Thanks!

Hi! Does anyone have knowledge or experience of the gluten free options at the dessert party?
Thanks!
While they do attempt to accommodate those with special dietary needs, the options are somewhat limited. Having seen the desserts, I'm not sure the party is worth it from a F&B point of view for those guests.

Once in the party area and notifying the chef or staff, a server will bring the guest a box with various desserts. There are also a few gluten-free desserts, such as the hummus, fruit and cheese on the buffet tables. Anyone with a Special Dietary Request should have it added to their rez so that the check-in CM can inform the guest on what to do when they check in.

It appears that beginning the week I'm there at the end of June, SWAGS will now be at 10:00 instead of 9:30. I'm pretty psyched about this since that means we can probably catch both F! and SWAGS the same night. As long as we sit near the top right side of the amphitheater, we should be able to make a quick escape, but do you think we'll have a chance of getting a decent spot for SWAGS at that point?

A few Questions in regards to May the 4th 2019-
1. When will the reservations for onsite property open up ? How many months in advance do they usually open ?
2. What do they do special on May the 4th normally?
I know 2019 is a while off but trying to plan ahead to surprise the Hubby - Star Wars freak!
Thanks in Advance
Steph

A few Questions in regards to May the 4th 2019-
1. When will the reservations for onsite property open up ? How many months in advance do they usually open ?
2. What do they do special on May the 4th normally?
I know 2019 is a while off but trying to plan ahead to surprise the Hubby - Star Wars freak!
Thanks in Advance
Steph
I can't answer your questions re: the May the 4, 2019, stuff, but can tell you that you can book rooms now by calling or using a TA. The resort rates will come out in June for 2019, and your reservation may be adjusted accordingly, but you can reserve your room now, and add other package items to the reservation later.

Is Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular seasonal? I don't see anything on their website or from googling suggesting as much, but there aren't any times listed for September. TIA!

Is Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular seasonal? I don't see anything on their website or from googling suggesting as much, but there aren't any times listed for September. TIA!
They don't have any dates listed past June 30 for Star Wars right now...probably due to Toy Story Land opening.

Ahhh I was excited for Hollywood Studios because I'm a big fan of both Star Wars and Toy Story. So it would be okay but not great if the show is replaced with Toy Story (Star Wars seems to fit a nighttime show so much better).

Ahhh I was excited for Hollywood Studios because I'm a big fan of both Star Wars and Toy Story. So it would be okay but not great if the show is replaced with Toy Story (Star Wars seems to fit a nighttime show so much better).
Same here...we missed it on our last trip because they replaced Star Wars with Jingle Bell Jingle Bam for Christmas. Really hoping they open the SW schedule soon!

Trying for the mom of the year award over here in snowy Minnesota... just booked a flight, room and tickets for the May 27 Galactic Night event. DD is SW obsessed so 9 hours of flying for 26 hours in Disney will be worth it, right?

We went in December and really enjoyed it - We can get a direct flight so only 2.5 hours of flying. We arrived Fri and came back Sun. It's rough but a lot of fun!

Thanks!

Yes, they were GREAT about that. My son has a bunch of allergies (peanuts/tree nuts, soy, etc.) and another member of our party is gluten free and they were both accommodated.

After a few months of much lower attendance at the SW dessert parties, it's back to being sold out lately. It's not known if it's just because of Spring breaks and Easter or if it will continue and be the norm again.

For anyone attending when it's maxed out who prefer a table in the main party/food area, arrive earlier rather than later. If you do arrive later, there are party tables set up outside the party area in the Cantina and outdoor courtyard. It's quieter and less congested. And a reminder that except for a few small benches scattered outside the party area, there are no chairs at the tables.

For those who have attended previously and know about the 15 minute early open, it has been eliminated. Guests are now allowed in at the advertised start time and later.

If there are little ones in your group, you don't qualify Yulilin3, where is she btw, between the ages of around 5 and 10, and if you and they are decked out in SW stuff, are up beat and excited to be there, you may just be the recipient of a nice dose of Pixie Dust at check in.

After a few months of much lower attendance at the SW dessert parties, it's back to being sold out lately. It's not known if it's just because of Spring breaks and Easter or if it will continue and be the norm again.

For anyone attending when it's maxed out who prefer a table in the main party/food area, arrive earlier rather than later. If you do arrive later, there are party tables set up outside the party area in the Cantina and outdoor courtyard. It's quieter and less congested. And a reminder that except for a few small benches scattered outside the party area, there are no chairs at the tables.

For those who have attended previously and know about the 15 minute early open, it has been eliminated. Guests are now allowed in at the advertised start time and later.

If there are little ones in your group, you don't qualify Yulilin3, where is she btw, between the ages of around 5 and 10, and if you and they are decked out in SW stuff, are up beat and excited to be there, you may just be the recipient of a nice dose of Pixie Dust at check in.
I'm still here, super busy, you're doing an excellent job btw.
Maybe with working 7 days a week I'll be able to afford to go to the desert party again and harass the team that checks us in:D

I'll have to remember to be upbeat this coming June. I'm usually dead tired on my feet, my son on the other hand is usually far more energetic. They gotta figure out a way to bottle that childlike frenetic energy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter