**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I will be there June 25 with my rollator too. I didn’t even know they had a handicap section anymore. Interested in answers to this too
In March, I used a scooter due to recent knee replacement surgery. We had planned to scope out a spot in front of the projection tower, mainly to have a place to sit and lean on the wall, but I found that, while it wasn't on the map, there was a handicapped spot in the place that the dessert party USED to be, (in front of the left side projection tower),so we went there and had a great view. So I pulled into the Handicapped area with my scooter and my party sat back against the wall until shortly before the show, then were able to join me.

While I don't think there are ANY spots that have totally unobstructed views, due to trees, light/speaker poles, etc., we liked this spot a lot.

Hope this helps.

ETA: We didn't do the dessert party that night - so I don't know how the spots in the reserved area compare.

Last edited:
Well I just had a very troubling phone call...

Earlier today I did the online chat to find out if there was any more info on when the SW dessert party and the FEA desser Party might become available in September. The CM said those should be available, you just need to call 407-560-2428.

So I did. The CM I talked to at that number said that there was NO availability at either of those parties for the entire week of our stay (9/29-10/6). I asked if maybe they just weren’t available to book yet and he said he’s been booking them.

Honestly I’m devastated. The SW dessert party in particular was something I chose for myself as my special birthday celebration, and to hear that they’re already full, without ever being available to book online, is incredibly upsetting.

Can someone please reassure me? @FastPasser. or @rteetz, do you know if this CM just had bad information? Is it suddenlty way more popular? I’m just..going to be incredibly heartbroken if this is true, and the thing I've maybe been most excited about is now out of reach.

Last edited:
Can someone please reassure me?
I can't assure you because anything's possible, but I have no reason to believe that any SW or FEA party is sold out for dates that aren't even posted. SWaGS and Illuminations are on the calendar and AFAIK, so will the parties.

I can't assure you because anything's possible, but I have no reason to believe that any SW or FEA party is sold out for dates that aren't even posted. SWaGS and Illuminations are on the calendar and AFAIK, so will the parties.
I figured that must be the case because none of the SW parties for the last week of August are currently sold out (all are showing availability when I check). I just find it a little shocking that two different CMs would have told me that they are bookable by calling when they (most likely) aren't.

Honestly though, considering I've been checking both of these parties multiple times per day I'm pretty stressed at even the possibility that they are actually sold out.

Earlier today I did the online chat to find out if there was any more info on when the SW dessert party and the FEA desser Party might become available in September. The CM said those should be available, you just need to call 407-560-2428.

So I did. The CM I talked to at that number said that there was NO availability at either of those parties for the entire week of our stay (9/29-10/6). I asked if maybe they just weren’t available to book yet and he said he’s been booking them.

Honestly I’m devastated. The SW dessert party in particular was something I chose for myself as my special birthday celebration, and to hear that they’re already full, without ever being available to book online, is incredibly upsetting.

Can someone please reassure me? @FastPasser. or @rteetz, do you know if this CM just had bad information? Is it suddenlty way more popular? I’m just..going to be incredibly heartbroken if this is true, and the thing I've maybe been most excited about is now out of reach.
They are not open for booking yet, swags opens about 2 months in advance, no need to worry or stress

They are not open for booking yet, swags opens about 2 months in advance, no need to worry or stress
I was hoping we'd have September dates by now as it looks like August dates were released on April 24th (I know because I posted it... I'm telling you, checking constantly). I guess I don't get why they make it SO close.

So I did.

They have assured this many times.
It's been posted over and over again here by those who know in this thread that they do not open reservations this far out. Why even check online? You are really causing yourself undue stress. Let those who know here advise you. They keep up with when reservations open. It won't sell out on you

They have assured this many times.
It's been posted over and over again here by those who know in this thread that they do not open reservations this far out. Why even check online? You are really causing yourself undue stress. Let those who know here advise you. They keep up with when reservations open. It won't sell out on you
I was already on chat asking a CM about something else, so I thought I'd ask about those dessert parties as well. When they gave me that information I thought I'd try calling, and the CM that I talked to used terminology that indicated that the dates were full, rather than unavailable to book.

I came here because I know the people on these boards have a lot of information, but I don't feel that it is unreasonable to expect that Disney employees, who are employed specifically to answer guest questions and book this sort of event, will have the correct information. I understand this is something people come up against often with Disney, but this was my first time encountering CMs who have provided information that, by all appearances, was just flat out wrong. And considering it was for an event that I am particularly excited about, I was very upset by the phone call.

Also, as I mentioned above, reservations for August opened at the end of April, so they clearly do open reservations this far out in some cases, but it's inconsistent. I fully realize that this is stress that I at least somewhat brought on myself, but it was compounded by CMs provided incorrect information.

Just back from Galactic Nights - I entered after 7, and was given a lanyard and pin and map. I did not wear the pin or lanyard and could get on any ride/event. I feel as though I could have not bought a ticket and still stayed and participated in the events. It seemed much different from MNSSHP or MVMCP as there was no wristband but the cost was fairly equal- any thoughts?

We are home from Galactic Nights and would like to share our impressions:

We arrived at the park about 3:30 and my stepson and daughter (We are all huge Star Wars fans) took pictures at the Photopass Area outside the park. We then got in line and were admitted at about 3:45. We had FPs for TSMM and ToT in our limited time before the party. We tried to decide between Frozen Ever After and Muppetvision and Muppetvision won out. We were able to take two of the pictures with the backdrops near Muppetvision with very little wait. We then had to go around the Chinese Theater to TSMM. We took another picture with very little wait near the Chinese Theater and then rode TSMM with a FP. We probably waited 5 minutes to ride. We then went over to ToT and rode with our 2nd FP. Afterwards we tried a couple of the specialty food items in the Fairfax Market area. I had the Duck confit fried (they were good), daughter tried the Crawfish and grits (just OK), stepson tried the Ribeye Pastry (he liked it) We read somewhere that we were able to to get a patch at Little Mermaid if you had proof of purchase of seeing new Solo movie. We got those and then went over to the Hyperion theater and waited quite a while for the next picture. Finished the picture just as they were starting the party in front of the Chinese Theater. We saw Warwick Davis up close as well as the new Chewbacca actor (can't spell his name). That was pretty cool. Not a bad three hours.

We started the party at Star Tours and they had Stormtroopers inspecting us on the way in. I wished we would have come back and rode it again. Went outside Tatooine Traders and took pictures with the Ewoks (very cool) and wife/daughter went to Galaxy's Edge panel while stepson and I drank a Safari Amber and went and saw the droids in the Animation Courtyard. I interacted with a homemade droid and had a blast. Went into Star Wars Launch Bay and looked around at all of the Star Wars stuff. Went over to the area behind Rock and Roller Coaster that had long lines for pictures with Seventh Sister, Tuscan Raiders, and Rancor. Decided to ride the Star Wars edition of Rock and Roller Coaster (posted 30 minute wait, probably about 20) and then met wife/daughter for more food. Wife wanted pictures with Tuscan Raiders with the kids and I wanted to see the Star Wars show at the Chinese Theater. They made it back just as the show was starting and we watched the show. Loved it. Went and got something to eat near ToT and should have rode Star Tours again. Had just enough time to get back to get a place for the end show and Galactic Spectacular. Stood right in-between the projection towers while DJ blared music prior to the show. This was the one negative of the entire experience. Loved the fireworks/projection show and rode back to the hotel after getting posters on the way out.

A couple of suggestions if they do this again: 1. Enter early and get pictures at backdrops out of the way early. Lines were long for these and Star Wars characters. 2. Don't miss the droids at the Animation Courtyard. They were a hoot.
3. Prioritize what you want to do, you won't be able to do it all. 4. Have fun, your at WDW with a special Star Wars party!!!!!!

I was already on chat asking a CM about something else, so I thought I'd ask about those dessert parties as well. When they gave me that information I thought I'd try calling, and the CM that I talked to used terminology that indicated that the dates were full, rather than unavailable to book.

I came here because I know the people on these boards have a lot of information, but I don't feel that it is unreasonable to expect that Disney employees, who are employed specifically to answer guest questions and book this sort of event, will have the correct information. I understand this is something people come up against often with Disney, but this was my first time encountering CMs who have provided information that, by all appearances, was just flat out wrong. And considering it was for an event that I am particularly excited about, I was very upset by the phone call.

Also, as I mentioned above, reservations for August opened at the end of April, so they clearly do open reservations this far out in some cases, but it's inconsistent. I fully realize that this is stress that I at least somewhat brought on myself, but it was compounded by CMs provided incorrect information.
Yes they should know
For some unknown reason if an event shows on their system as unavailable they always interpret that as sold out. Never was not yet available for purchase. It's a major flaw. Always has been and I guess always will be. It's something that only those in the know (like those reading here) will be at an advantage for

CMs who have provided information that, by all appearances, was just flat out wrong.
I'm shocked.
And considering it was for an event that I am particularly excited about, I was very upset by the phone call.
I hate to add to your stress level, but the unofficial buzz is that within a couple of weeks, something is likely to happen that will make the party much, much smaller, at least for a while, and it probably will sell out on most nights. Book your party as soon as it's available.

I`m in the same situation as I have been checking daily for a october dates. The show calendar is already available for september so I believed the party will show availability for booking online also. DHS is the only park not showing the parties available for september and october yet.

I'm shocked.
I hate to add to your stress level, but the unofficial buzz is that within a couple of weeks, something is likely to happen that will make the party much, much smaller, at least for a while, and it probably will sell out on most nights. Book your party as soon as it's available.

I’m guessing it’s the addition of seating? My plan has always been to book it as soon as I see it become available, and I’m checking multiple times a day, so it seems unlikely that I’ll miss it. But I really appreciate the heads up. I take it the unofficial buzz doesn’t indicate when that availability might happen?

I`m in the same situation as I have been checking daily for october dates. The show calendar is already available for september so I believed the party will show availability for booking online also. DHS is the only park not showing the parties available for september and october yet.

I`m in the same situation as I have been checking daily for a october dates. The show calendar is already available for september so I believed the party will show availability for booking online also. DHS is the only park not showing the parties available for september and october yet.
Epcot is also still not showing the parties for September.

I would be surprised if the increase in price is JUST $5 to $10. I'm thinking upwards of $20.
That's a lot just for chairs if that's all they add. That would put it in the $100 range and I don't think they want to be in that ball park. $89 would probably fly, $99 or higher, not so much. Plus attendance at the current party is not where they would like it to be so I think they have to take that into consideration.
Looks like we're both wrong, nothing officially, but I'm now under the impression that the price will remain the same. It keeps it in the same price range as the FEA party which does have seating.

Looks like we're both wrong, nothing officially, but I'm now under the impression that the price will remain the same. It keeps it in the same price range as the FEA party which does have seating.
I’m not going to complain about the price staying the same.

Nope, totally different department.
If they announce the change in the next couple weeks, a big part of me expects the availability to open around the time of the announcement, assuming the change will only affect parties that aren’t yet scheduled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter