• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I'm really trying to get on board with Kylo Ren as a villain but I just can't

I really like how erratic and clearly unhinged he is. Darth Vader is of course terrifying and...you know...Darth Vader, but he appears more stable and dare I say, calm. But a villain who has lost his mind and destroys things just cuz is much more frightening to me. There is no logic there, just rage and unpredictability. I feel like he could do something more horrific later on than we have seen (and that's saying a lot with the blowing up planets thing) just...you know, cuz. Actually, I guess he kinda already did :(

twitter users, if you love following Emo Kylo Ren check out Very Lonely Luke :D

Whoever started Emo Kylo is a genius. The 2nd time I saw the movie, after the twitter account, I did definitely look at him as an angsty teenager. lol. Thanks for the tip on Luke! ETA - hysterical. Just read them all and they may even be funnier.

One thing I can't figure out (although, I'm sure I could Google it), but why in the battle scene with Rey did Kylo Ren keep hitting himself on his wound?

I agree with a previous poster - I've seen it a lot in war and action movies to balance out the pain. Kind of like when you pinch yourself and it takes away the attention from the injury really hurting you so you can push on. Though I am sure it helped pump him up to fight too.

Last edited:
Whoever started Emo Kylo is a genius. The 2nd time I saw the movie, after the twitter account, I did definitely look at him as an angsty teenager. lol. Thanks for the tip on Luke! ETA - hysterical. Just read them all and they may even be funnier.

I agree with a previous poster - I've seen it a lot in war and action movies to balance out the pain. Kind of like when you pinch yourself and it takes away the attention from the injury really hurting you so you can push on. Though I am sure it helped pump him up to fight too.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if there is any advantage to an 8am sci fi breakfast to get ahead of the crowds to sign up for jedi training academy? Park opens at 9am.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if there is any advantage to an 8am sci fi breakfast to get ahead of the crowds to sign up for jedi training academy? Park opens at 9am.

You probably wouldn't be done eating in time to be at the front of the line. You're better off just being at DHS early.

I'd just throw the Phasma one down the garbage chute. I feel like they really misfired with her character.

They DRASTICALLY overstated her importance during all the media interviews and ad campaigns for the movie. What a disappointment! Hopefully they bring her back in future installments. There's potential for a good story line between her and Finn.

Eagerly awaiting dessert party reviews... I have a reservation for DH and I...but he's debating whether it's a good idea (we only have one night at DHS and Fantasmic is my favorite show & we can't do both)

I was at HS on Saturday. It was a high crowd day. We signed up for Jedi training about 9:30 and had plenty of shows to choose from. We didn't make rope drop. Almost all were open. When we came back to check in just before 1pm there were still kids signing up and they had a choice of later times as well. They don't seem to be filling up as fast right now. Taking more kids per show seems to have helped the sign up not be so competitive.

I was at HS on Saturday. It was a high crowd day. We signed up for Jedi training about 9:30 and had plenty of shows to choose from. We didn't make rope drop. Almost all were open. When we came back to check in just before 1pm there were still kids signing up and they had a choice of later times as well. They don't seem to be filling up as fast right now. Taking more kids per show seems to have helped the sign up not be so competitive.
that's good to know. Since they are doing 2 tiers (30 kids per show) it makes sense for them to have more spots. Of course, now that we are entering the "slow" months the number of shows will diminish.

Has there been any actual word on where they are putting the new Star Wars area - I've seen speculation (around Echo Lake and the Streets of America) but do we actually know yet?

Has there been any actual word on where they are putting the new Star Wars area - I've seen speculation (around Echo Lake and the Streets of America) but do we actually know yet?
no one knows for sure. It should be the area around streets of America/Pizza Planet (that's why there's concern that Muppetvision might leave)

Okay, since this thread has gotten SO long, and so much has happened since it started, I'm asking a stupid question:
We'll be at DHS on 2/1, and my SW obsessed husband is wanting to see the Symphony In The Stars fireworks. So, just to confirm what I read on page 1 of the thread: the show will happen on 2/1 at 8:00pm? One more question, that just came to me: Where would we get the best view?

Are we assuming that the fireworks are at 8pm in February? For our dates, the park is still scheduled to close at 7pm, but I know there will be fireworks thanks to the dessert party. Is 8pm the fireworks start time?

Okay, since this thread has gotten SO long, and so much has happened since it started, I'm asking a stupid question:
We'll be at DHS on 2/1, and my SW obsessed husband is wanting to see the Symphony In The Stars fireworks. So, just to confirm what I read on page 1 of the thread: the show will happen on 2/1 at 8:00pm? One more question, that just came to me: Where would we get the best view?

Are we assuming that the fireworks are at 8pm in February? For our dates, the park is still scheduled to close at 7pm, but I know there will be fireworks thanks to the dessert party. Is 8pm the fireworks start time?
yulilin has the times in Post #11: 8:00p.

Disney had to re-work Fantasmic's scheduling so that guests in Fantasmic had time to exit the amphitheater and then find a spot to watch the fireworks. So, 7:00 for Fant and then fireworks @ 8:00.

Reactions: CJK
yulilin has the times in Post #11: 8:00p.

Disney had to re-work Fantasmic's scheduling so that guests in Fantasmic had time to exit the amphitheater and then find a spot to watch the fireworks. So, 7:00 for Fant and then fireworks @ 8:00.

Thank you! :) My husband is going to be a very happy camper!

MOVIE SPOILER ALERT! Don't read further, if you haven't seen the Force Awakens.

I know there's been some discussion on here about the new characters. Sorry, I haven't read all of it. But, has anyone discussed who Rey is? I know there's been some discussion about Kylo Ren. I think Rey is Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter. Think about it. She was able to use his lightsaber. Isn't that supposed to be impossible...unless they are related.

Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven't had a chance to review this entire thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter