• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Fireworks

“Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular’’ Starting Jan. 5, 2016, guests will be treated to a spectacular finish to their visit to the park involving a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga. - See more at: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2015/11...alt-disney-world-resort/#sthash.EHjtEGAE.dpuf
They will be nightly from Jan. 5th through March 19th
from Jan. 5th through March 6th fireworks will be at 8pm
March 7th through March 12th fireworks will be at 8:30pm
March 13th through March 19th 9:30pm

Does this run only through March? We are going in May and making ADR for HS. Fantasmic is at 9pm, so planning ADR for 7pm. Don't want to miss the fireworks though if they will continue. Is it usually at the end of the night after fantasmic, or just before Fantasmic?

Does this run only through March? We are going in May and making ADR for HS. Fantasmic is at 9pm, so planning ADR for 7pm. Don't want to miss the fireworks though if they will continue. Is it usually at the end of the night after fantasmic, or just before Fantasmic?
no word on if they will be extended, the are usually 30 minutes before F! or 30 minutes after F! is over.

I'm so hoping both the Symphony of the Stars and the dessert party are long term events. I mean why invest in putting a score down for just 3 months? They may go back to Frozen "Summer Fun" and those fireworks for the summer months and come back to SOTS AFTER that. Thoughts anyone?

I'm so hoping both the Symphony of the Stars and the dessert party are long term events. I mean why invest in putting a score down for just 3 months? They may go back to Frozen "Summer Fun" and those fireworks for the summer months and come back to SOTS AFTER that. Thoughts anyone?
I seriously don't think that FSF will return to DHS this Summer for several reasons:
1.- Epcot will have the Arendelle area, along with Ana and Elsa, maybe Olaf meet and greet and the new ride
2.- DHS will be in need of costumers once construction walls start going up and SW is a better bet than Frozen
3.- Disney has 5 years of SW movies lined up, keeping the hype up with the fireworks would be a better investment than Frozen.
I'm hoping the fireworks stay and it will depend on how well the dessert party sells, as of now there are no sold out days, of course we are mainly talking about low season right now. Putting the dessert party up takes more cast so if they don't sell well they might not continue with them, but I hope the fireworks do
Remember that the SWW fireworks also used John Williams score and that was only for a month to 5 weeks, so 3 months is longer

I seriously don't think that FSF will return to DHS this Summer for several reasons:
1.- Epcot will have the Arendelle area, along with Ana and Elsa, maybe Olaf meet and greet and the new ride

Hmm... maybe they'll replace Illuminations with the Frozen Summer Fireworks sing along... :D

"And all the children of the world shall come together and sing "let it go"

2.- DHS will be in need of costumers once construction walls start going up and SW is a better bet than Frozen
3.- Disney has 5 years of SW movies lined up, keeping the hype up with the fireworks would be a better investment than Frozen.
I'm hoping the fireworks stay and it will depend on how well the dessert party sells, as of now there are no sold out days, of course we are mainly talking about low season right now. Putting the dessert party up takes more cast so if they don't sell well they might not continue with them, but I hope the fireworks do
Remember that the SWW fireworks also used John Williams score and that was only for a month to 5 weeks, so 3 months is longer

Now that you put it that way I'm feeling more confident. I'm also hoping the dessert party thrives. The one at Illuminations is still there and I'm not sure how well that fares since I saw some it during my last stay. Although not a fan of the dessert parties in general because of the ticket price, I would make an exception for the SOTS one.

Best. Party. Ever. Except we have to invite Adam Driver too. My first reaction to him was ehm, thats an...interesting looking guy there. It was not good. By the next day I loved him and had watched a dozen of his interviews.

If you want to be traumatized forever, watch the first season of Girls on HBO. That was where I had my first exposure--and trust, it was waay, waaaaay too much exposure--to Adam Driver. It will forever change the way you see little Ben Solo in the Star Wars saga.
**Note, I only watched the first season of Girls before I couldn't take it anymore, so he may be in later seasons as well.

As an update to an earlier post...I did receive my copy of the making of the Empire Strikes Back book. I got it for $11ish on eBay. While there are some interesting behind-the-scenes tidbits, I'm having problems making it through it. Mark Hamill is painted as the nicest guy and hardest worker in showbiz, Harrison Ford has the role of the most professional but also the most aloof, and Carrie Fisher is portrayed as a bratty prima donna who is a drama monger. I'd say it's interesting enough that anyone on this thread should consider it a must-read. Once I finish, I'm willing to pass it around if anyone is interested in borrowing it.

If you want to be traumatized forever, watch the first season of Girls on HBO. That was where I had my first exposure--and trust, it was waay, waaaaay too much exposure--to Adam Driver. It will forever change the way you see little Ben Solo in the Star Wars saga.
**Note, I only watched the first season of Girls before I couldn't take it anymore, so he may be in later seasons as well.

Funny -- I tried watching the first couple of episodes of Girls way back when and honestly just couldn't take it -- just not entertaining to me at all. Knowing that he was associated with that show, when I heard Driver was cast in this film, I did NOT have high hopes. I went with an open mind, though, and actually thought he did a really good job with the role. Whether you like the character or not, I don't think it's his acting that was a problem.

Funny -- I tried watching the first couple of episodes of Girls way back when and honestly just couldn't take it -- just not entertaining to me at all. Knowing that he was associated with that show, when I heard Driver was cast in this film, I did NOT have high hopes. I went with an open mind, though, and actually thought he did a really good job with the role. Whether you like the character or not, I don't think it's his acting that was a problem.

I think he did a great job as Kylo Ren. I thought he did a great job in Girls, too, though I didn't like the show at all. I think my dislike for the show carried over to him as an actor, but when you look at just him in isolation, you realize there's a lot of talent there. But especially when Kylo Ren is throwing his temper tantrums...I was having a hard time not flashing back to him in Girls.

One more stupid question:
On the day we're at DHS, it closes at 7:00pm, and the SITS fireworks aren't scheduled to start until 8:00pm. Are we going to be watching from the parking lot? Or, will we be allowed back into the park to watch them after Fantasmic, instead of being funneled out the exit to the parking lot? I know, it sounds ridiculous, but these are the things I know my husband is going to ask me when he sees the schedule.

On the day we're at DHS, it closes at 7:00pm, and the SITS fireworks aren't scheduled to start until 8:00pm. Are we going to be watching from the parking lot? Or, will we be allowed back into the park to watch them after Fantasmic, instead of being funneled out the exit to the parking lot? I know, it sounds ridiculous, but these are the things I know my husband is going to ask me when he sees the schedule.
The park hours will likely change, you are never funneled to outside of the park after F!, you can be funneled to the front of the park but it's still inside the park. Which day are you coming?

You aren't sent out of the park after Fantasmic. You'll exit near the front of the park or near BatB and then can search for a spot to view the fireworks.

parking lot at DHS is at capacity, everyone is being sent to AK, I'm still at the house and thinking of ways to not park at AK. Hopefully the Boardwalk overflow parking lot is open to guest

Can you park at Epcot? Or is it full too? Is it for the Marathon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter