**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I know most people that have posted on this thread wouldn't mind. We would just need to use some Jedi mind tricks on the weak minded :D

*wave of hand* You don't want to see old sci-fi movie clips.
*wave of hand* You prefer Star Wars and agree that Episode I doesn't exist. You will go watch the movies now, beginning with Episode II and continuing through to Episode VII. You will camp out with the rest of us for the opening of Rogue One. Have a magical day!

*wave of hand* You don't want to see old sci-fi movie clips.
*wave of hand* You prefer Star Wars and agree that Episode I doesn't exist. You will go watch the movies now, beginning with Episode II and continuing through to Episode VII. You will camp out with the rest of us for the opening of Rogue One. Have a magical day!
:D I agree but would change Episode I for II. Cannot stand Attack of the Clones

Given the prior schedule announcements, I was really hoping for the November update this weekend. Honestly, I'm really surprised at how badly they are handling the scheduling of this event.

I echo everyone else's sentiments that Disney wants you to plan out your restaurants half a year in advance and then your rides 60 days in advance, but they can't get their act together at nearly 30days out from our trip. Knowing that this party is a key event, our fastpass and dining reservations would be secondary to it, but how can you plan for something you don't even know will happen?

I'm feeling the exact same way. My 60 days is coming up and I'm having a hard time finalizing our planning because of this...

Okay, I need the help of experts on the galactic spectacular show (whatever the nighttime show is) for a sort of dumb and unimportant, but very specific question. (Like most internet queries)

Saw the show last month with my nephew, looooved it. But! My nephew is totally Boba Fett obsessed, and was highly offended that he did not see his beloved bounty hunter/sarlacc snack in the projections. (His mom triumphantly declared she saw him, only to be hissed at "THATS JENGO FETT". What an embarrassment she is.)
Anyway, I said he probably WAS there, there was just so much going on, that we simply missed him.
So, that's my question, Does boba fett appear in any of the projections? We watched a video of the show on YouTube, and I didn't notice.
My suggestion was that the kid just come around to the light side and like a character that WILL appear. (I mean, you're not hiding Han Solo on a side building, amirite?)

Okay, I need the help of experts on the galactic spectacular show (whatever the nighttime show is) for a sort of dumb and unimportant, but very specific question. (Like most internet queries)

Saw the show last month with my nephew, looooved it. But! My nephew is totally Boba Fett obsessed, and was highly offended that he did not see his beloved bounty hunter/sarlacc snack in the projections. (His mom triumphantly declared she saw him, only to be hissed at "THATS JENGO FETT". What an embarrassment she is.)
Anyway, I said he probably WAS there, there was just so much going on, that we simply missed him.
So, that's my question, Does boba fett appear in any of the projections? We watched a video of the show on YouTube, and I didn't notice.
My suggestion was that the kid just come around to the light side and like a character that WILL appear. (I mean, you're not hiding Han Solo on a side building, amirite?)
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen Boba Fett in the show, he does appear on the stage show though . Next time I watch I'll make sure to pay more attention.

Any recent news on Jawa trading?

I warned a few friends going down that the Jawa trading was becoming spotty, and not to expect it. If they wanted they could bring a shiny/glowy thing to trade, but there's no guarantee and Jawa don't like a queue. (After all they're scavengers, they don't have time for such things. Utinni! :crazy:)

We did the dessert party tonight. There were three jawa in the room. My boys took a piece of gold and silver metallic crepe paper and fake gold coins. The jawa contemplated for a long time and then gave them a long string of Mardi Gras beads. They definitely weren't trading with everyone. It was a lot of fun.

Fireworks
THE WDW CALENDAR HAS ONLY BEEN UPDATING THE DATES VERY SLOWLY

Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular: Nightly starting June 17th at 9:45pm until July 2nd.
July 3rd on at 9:30pm schedule is out until July 31st (updated June 22)
August 1st through 21st 9:30pm 22nd through 31st. 8:45pm
September 1st through 16th 8:45pm (Updated July 16th)
16th through the 24th 8:15pm
25th through October 1st 7:45pm
October 1,3,5 7:45pm (updated 9/2)
7,8,10,12 7:30p
14,15,17,19,21,22,24,26,28,29,31 at 8pm
NOVEMBER 2,4,5 at 8pm (updated 9/17)

Tips on where the best spots are: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/st...tips-and-review-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular Review from a Non Star Wars Fan http://disboards.com/threads/offici...rty-launch-bay.3439569/page-490#post-56111430

Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular: As the next generation of the current Star Wars-inspired fireworks show, this blockbuster nightly show, unprecedented in Disney’s Hollywood Studios history, will light up the sky with Star Wars-themed fireworks, lasers, light projections and other special effects combined with Star Wars-themed music and iconic characters and scenes from throughout the saga.

Through these state-of-the-art special effects that project onto the nearby Chinese Theatre and other surrounding buildings, guests will gaze at the twin suns of Tatooine, push through a field of battle droids, navigate through an asteroid field, soar down the trench of the Death Star and deliver the final blow to destroy Starkiller Base. The show, which will unfold through a series of acts, will be punctuated by a tower of fire as well as powerful spotlight beams that create lightsabers in the sky.

Any thoughts on Disney continuing beyond November 5? I arrive the 6.

We went to to dessert party 9/29. Got our lanyards, went inside and got bench seats to the left of dessert area. Grabbed a couple of drinks off the trays two cms where holding. No lines for desserts till a little later. We grabbed a couple Mickey bars next to the Nutella, you have to ask for one. 10 mins before everyone was lead out we grabbed our spots behind wheelchair area. There were allot of wheelchair people, so I think that's why they didn't let any kids in that area. We still had an excellent view. Got our water bottles and chewie steins. I thought it was a wonderful show. I think it was worth the price. Loved how they intergrate Darth Sidious using the force on us into the trees. Thanks for all the tips and tricks everyone.

Our show us up next!! We will be flying to the stormy world on Wednesday Morning and hope to have a great afternoon and evening at DHS capped off by Star Wars / Dessert Party before checking into the Poly!

Fingers crossed that Matthew doesn't cause too much trouble for anyone's trips this week!

My MIL will be on an EVC. Is there a special area for these or will she have to park it? We want to do the dessert party and the show. Is there room in launch bay for her EVC? Thanks.

My MIL will be on an EVC. Is there a special area for these or will she have to park it? We want to do the dessert party and the show. Is there room in launch bay for her EVC? Thanks.
If you are doing the dessert party there's special tables for wheel chairs and also a viewing area.
If you're not doing the party there's no reserved section for wheel chairs

Well, there went $200 down the drain. Tonight was our night. Fireworks cancelled due to weather. So disappointed. As fas as the dessert part, in our opinion the fried Nutella was terrific, the margarita was good, and the hummus was good. None of us really cared for the other drinks or the other desserts. First time DH ever met a bread pudding he didn't like. Totally bummed. This was the thing I was looking forward to the most during the trip.

So sorry! My DD and I threw on our ponchos after CV on Saturday and visited the Launch Bay. We saw lots of dessert party folks sitting on the floor waiting for the final determination on the SW show. I was expecting Sunday to be rainier than Saturday but it turned out to be the opposite!

Any recent news on Jawa trading?

I warned a few friends going down that the Jawa trading was becoming spotty, and not to expect it. If they wanted they could bring a shiny/glowy thing to trade, but there's no guarantee and Jawa don't like a queue. (After all they're scavengers, they don't have time for such things. Utinni! :crazy:)

On Saturday night my DD attempted a trade, but the two Jawas that were out weren't trading. I told her this might happen, so she wasn't overly disappointed. She let one Jawa try on her flashing ring but then took it back and said she'd return with it in January to try again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter