• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

This is all so helpful. Thank you! I currently have been trying to decide between the dessert party and the tour for my family, which includes a 10yo and a 7yo. The JTA and skip-the-line for characters would be great (especially, I assume, once BB8 starts having appearances), but it seems that the Tour overall might be kind of a drag for them. Such a conundrum!

We just did the tour in March. Family of 4 with two boys aged 7 and 9. My boys LOVED the tour. They wanted to do it again on our second HS day! I was surprised because some of the talking I didn't find as interesting but my boys really enjoyed it. Not having to worry about JTA sign up was a bonus and they got to fight Vader. When I asked if they would the tour guide said that there was no way they could guarantee it but it did work out. Dessert party was fun although having some chairs by that time would have been nice. I think they should also include more rides on Star Tours instead of just the one. My kids are huge Star Wars fans (they even love Episodes 1-3 :P) and we're really glad we did it.

ETA: To make the most of our day there we rope dropped RnR and fast passed ToT, Star Tours and TSMM before the tour. Kids also wanted to design their own light sabers but otherwise we likely could have also done the Great Movie Ride before lunch too.

Last edited:
We just did the tour in March. Family of 4 with two boys aged 7 and 9. My boys LOVED the tour. They wanted to do it again on our second HS day!

Thank you for sharing this. This is another good data point to have, although it does make the decision more difficult about whether to do just the dessert party or also the tour! Glad your boys enjoyed it!

Do the Star Wars Dessert parties sell out, and if so, how quickly. We are going in mid/late August so nothing has been released yet

Do the Star Wars Dessert parties sell out, and if so, how quickly. We are going in mid/late August so nothing has been released yet

I have seen people being able to book the Dessert party day of but have search for others and the date was fully booked.

I can't decide between seeing Fantasmic! Vs. the Star Wars fireworks dessert party. Ugh! Never seen either and we don't get to go to WDW that often. One of the main reasons I'm having trouble justifying the party price is that there's no chairs to sit in! I know we will be so tired by 8pm in July! Is it possible to sit somewhere else so you're not standing the whole time??

I can't decide between seeing Fantasmic! Vs. the Star Wars fireworks dessert party. Ugh! Never seen either and we don't get to go to WDW that often. One of the main reasons I'm having trouble justifying the party price is that there's no chairs to sit in! I know we will be so tired by 8pm in July! Is it possible to sit somewhere else so you're not standing the whole time??

In October, there were benches lining the wall, on the right, as you approach the party. They CMs are stationed just right there, with 2 tall top tables in front of the benches. If you get there early you can grab that area. But trade off is you'll be a little further from food/drinks.

One of the main reasons I'm having trouble justifying the party price is that there's no chairs to sit in!
You're not alone, that's the most often heard complaint at both the SW and Illuminations dessert parties.
In October, there were benches lining the wall, on the right, as you approach the party.
Still there. One issue with the benches is that the tables are too high for the benches. The other issue is that on days when the tour takes place, those 40 guests are allowed in before non-tour guests, so there may be just a few spots left. It's luck of the draw.

You're not alone, that's the most often heard complaint at both the SW and Illuminations dessert parties.
Still there. One issue with the benches is that the tables are too high for the benches. The other issue is that on days when the tour takes place, those 40 guests are allowed in before non-tour guests, so there may be just a few spots left. It's luck of the draw.

That is true, it didn't bother me much though. Others might feel differently, that's true.

When you sign up for the tour they ask the kids ages. At the start of the tour they asked if the kids wanted to do Jedi Training academy and signed them up for us. There were 15 "Vader" spots and they filled those spots with kids from our tour. If there had been more than 15 kids in the tour, some of the kids would have fought the other villain.

Thanks so much for your reply. I think Ds will be happy with either villan but would slightly prefer Vader.

We just did the tour in March. Family of 4 with two boys aged 7 and 9. My boys LOVED the tour. They wanted to do it again on our second HS day! I was surprised because some of the talking I didn't find as interesting but my boys really enjoyed it. Not having to worry about JTA sign up was a bonus and they got to fight Vader. When I asked if they would the tour guide said that there was no way they could guarantee it but it did work out. Dessert party was fun although having some chairs by that time would have been nice. I think they should also include more rides on Star Tours instead of just the one. My kids are huge Star Wars fans (they even love Episodes 1-3 :P) and we're really glad we did it.

ETA: To make the most of our day there we rope dropped RnR and fast passed ToT, Star Tours and TSMM before the tour. Kids also wanted to design their own light sabers but otherwise we likely could have also done the Great Movie Ride before lunch too.
Great to read another review. We wouldn't go for rope drop but I do plan to FP Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania before the tour starts.

Great to read another review. We wouldn't go for rope drop but I do plan to FP Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania before the tour starts.
That's exactly what we're doing. I've designated it as a "sleeping in" day. As much as we ever "sleep in" at Disney, that is!

With two kids, I'm hoping we can get some seats on the benches but we booked on a tour day, I believe (a Monday) but our other option was Saturday and I think that's a tour day, too. Oh well, we will figure it out when we get there. I have it in our plans to actually be at Launch Bay early to meet the characters so we should be able to get into the party right when they let regular desert party guests in, so maybe we will get lucky.

We're going on Aug 22nd. We currently have Fantasmic Dining package booked, but my boys have seen that 3 times and would probably enjoy the Star Wars Dessert package. The problem is, my boys will be 8,10,11 be the time we go so two are "adults". My middle guy eats very little.

We're going on Aug 22nd. We currently have Fantasmic Dining package booked, but my boys have seen that 3 times and would probably enjoy the Star Wars Dessert package. The problem is, my boys will be 8,10,11 be the time we go so two are "adults". My middle guy eats very little.

The price jump to adult is big. I don't think it's possible anyway for anyone to eat their money's worth at the dessert party. Instead focus on paying for the experience. Is the experience worth it to you?

That's exactly what we're doing. I've designated it as a "sleeping in" day. As much as we ever "sleep in" at Disney, that is!

This is exactly what we did. We got to the park at 11 for our TOT FP, then 12 was our toy story FP, we packed a lunch and ate it in front of the GMR until it was time to check in. Worked out perfect.

I think we are going to chill at the hotel before hand and try to get to HS around noon. We had a reservation for the new Bon voyage breakfast at 10. But I think it'd all be too much. We will have just gotten in the day before after driving over a couple days.

I got very excited earlier when I saw that tour bookings had been made for July as the first possible day DH and DD2 could do the tour would be the 31st July.
90 minutes in the queue but it's not yet available for booking :-/
Ah well, I'll try again in a few day as this will be the icing on the (star wars cup-) cake for their trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter