• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I finally got to book our guided tour for June 3! I had been calling nonstop...so glad we have a spot secured!
Question...it starts at 3. The park is supposed to close at 9:30. The posted itinerary had it still as a 7 hour tour starting at 2. Does this mean the park will be open an extra hour this day but it's just not posted yet, or is the tour shorter on Saturdays?

I believe the tour is starting later because the fireworks are being scheduled later as the summer nights become longer. It should still be the same amount of time.

How aggressive do I need to get about scheduling the Dessert Party reservation next year in December (2nd week). Looks like typically they announce about 2 months in advanced but in the past when we have tried to do the Dessert Party, by the time I find about it they are all booked. Any tips on this particular party?

How aggressive do I need to get about scheduling the Dessert Party reservation next year in December (2nd week). Looks like typically they announce about 2 months in advanced but in the past when we have tried to do the Dessert Party, by the time I find about it they are all booked. Any tips on this particular party?
Depends on the time of year, it usually doesn't book up super fast but it's always better to book early you can always cancel and get full refund if you do so with at least 1 day before the party

I'm so excited. I just booked this for my family as a surprise! We've never done a dessert party before. My husband is a true SW obsessed fan so I hope he loves it

Truly this is our favourite dessert party, includes both sweet and savory foods, adult beverages, storm troopers circulate, you are in the display areas, can move to Cantina etc. The meet and greets are right there. The viewing area is perfect, and well if these are your first Chewie steins it will be a treat.

I finally got to book our guided tour for June 3! I had been calling nonstop...so glad we have a spot secured!
Question...it starts at 3. The park is supposed to close at 9:30. The posted itinerary had it still as a 7 hour tour starting at 2. Does this mean the park will be open an extra hour this day but it's just not posted yet, or is the tour shorter on Saturdays?
Ohhhh....I'm hoping this means an even later extension of DHS hours in June....

We're going to be visiting November 10-13... DH is SO into Star Wars (and it's our anniversary trip) that I'm trying to plan our park days -- and thus, ADRs -- based on when the fireworks/Dessert Party is going to be. I know historically, the dessert party isn't available to be booked until about 2 months out. I'm ENTIRELY too neurotic to not plan any ADR's until September!! Lol. Any tips or advice about how I should plan around this??

We're going to be visiting November 10-13... DH is SO into Star Wars (and it's our anniversary trip) that I'm trying to plan our park days -- and thus, ADRs -- based on when the fireworks/Dessert Party is going to be. I know historically, the dessert party isn't available to be booked until about 2 months out. I'm ENTIRELY too neurotic to not plan any ADR's until September!! Lol. Any tips or advice about how I should plan around this??

Pick a night which you want to do the fireworks. If you know you want to eat at hollywood studios, pick a late lunch/early dinner, then have desserts/snacks at the party. For last October, we ate at around 3:30 pm (waited a while to be seated for our 50s Prime Time reservation) and that worked out perfectly. My son eats like a bird so we shared an entree, he got a root beer float, and I got a cocktail and dessert to go with it. I was hungry enough by party time at 6:30ish but not overly so.

Got a survey on Galactic Nights. Extremely detailed question in every category, from arrival, to red carpet, characters, celebrities.
Questions that stuck out:
The showed a list of franchises, Marvel, DC, Star Trek. SW, Dr. Who and wanted to rate how much I like/dislike

Oh, please Star Trek! Please Star Trek! Please Star Trek! Or Dr. Who. Or Lord of the Rings.

(Yes, I know this is a SW thread. My apologies :))

Pick a night which you want to do the fireworks. If you know you want to eat at hollywood studios, pick a late lunch/early dinner, then have desserts/snacks at the party. For last October, we ate at around 3:30 pm (waited a while to be seated for our 50s Prime Time reservation) and that worked out perfectly. My son eats like a bird so we shared an entree, he got a root beer float, and I got a cocktail and dessert to go with it. I was hungry enough by party time at 6:30ish but not overly so.

When will I know which nights will have fireworks? November hours don't appear to be released yet - will the fireworks/show schedule be released at the same time? The thing that makes it difficult for me is that we're only going to be there for 4 days/3 nights (kid-free trip.... grandma and grandpa aren't willing to take my *princesses* any longer than that, lol) so I don't have quite the flexibility in planning that people who are there for a week do. I'm willing to basically plan this entire trip around which night is going to have the SW fireworks... but I'm panicking a little at the prospect of not knowing what night that is going to be (and thus not being able to plan ANYTHING) until 2 months prior to leaving.

When will I know which nights will have fireworks? November hours don't appear to be released yet - will the fireworks/show schedule be released at the same time? The thing that makes it difficult for me is that we're only going to be there for 4 days/3 nights (kid-free trip.... grandma and grandpa aren't willing to take my *princesses* any longer than that, lol) so I don't have quite the flexibility in planning that people who are there for a week do. I'm willing to basically plan this entire trip around which night is going to have the SW fireworks... but I'm panicking a little at the prospect of not knowing what night that is going to be (and thus not being able to plan ANYTHING) until 2 months prior to leaving.

Oh sorry yeah, that would be troublesome. I'm forgetting that in the fall they weren't every night. I would use last year's dates as a rough guide. If they end up being every night then you win by default. If not, be willing to switch things around, I guess? I think most people are in the same boat. 180 days is such a huge farce anyway, people move their reservations around all the time. By 60 days out you will likely have a better idea. Also they're posting the dessert party dates a lot sooner than they have been, so there's that. I'm there for 3 or 4 nights in October so I grabbed some random things, knowing that I'll probably change my mind a million times. It will work out though, if the Dessert Party is a priority it will happen for you!

Oh sorry yeah, that would be troublesome. I'm forgetting that in the fall they weren't every night. I would use last year's dates as a rough guide. If they end up being every night then you win by default. If not, be willing to switch things around, I guess? I think most people are in the same boat. 180 days is such a huge farce anyway, people move their reservations around all the time. By 60 days out you will likely have a better idea. Also they're posting the dessert party dates a lot sooner than they have been, so there's that. I'm there for 3 or 4 nights in October so I grabbed some random things, knowing that I'll probably change my mind a million times. It will work out though, if the Dessert Party is a priority it will happen for you!

That's a good idea to look at past hours. We're going Friday through Monday... Sunday is MVMCP so I'm planning on that being our MK day since the crowds will be lower. I've tried looking up previous hours/fireworks dates and haven't had much luck. The one that I found that listed it didn't have SW Spectacular at all our dates so that's a bit concerning, lol.

That's a good idea to look at past hours. We're going Friday through Monday... Sunday is MVMCP so I'm planning on that being our MK day since the crowds will be lower. I've tried looking up previous hours/fireworks dates and haven't had much luck. The one that I found that listed it didn't have SW Spectacular at all our dates so that's a bit concerning, lol.

I use Kenny the Pirate's site this year and to refresh my memory from last year. He has them noted with "fireworks" but I can't recall when the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam started.

@NYEmomma I'm am pretty sure that we will have SWaGS every day in November. Episode VIII The Last Jedi comes out in December and they will want to hype it up as much as possible. If it's not every night you can be sure that it'll be performed on Saturday.
First page of this thread, post 11 has the historical calendar of the show if you need references

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter