**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Where are some of the best viewing areas for this and any other tips.

Do you know the reason? I remember being able to book much further in advance. Thanks for the info!
I just have a feeling that they're waiting for performance and queue for mmrr, especially the nighttime wait times. The people can enter the building from thre far right so it doesn't affect the show BUT if the queue is very long, it will spill unto the courtyard and it can create a traffic mess.
The queue inside the Chinese theater has been cut in half now, the area where the movie clips used to play is gone so the capacity of thr inside queue is much smaller
Again just a hunch and i could be wrong and they open reservations tomorrow :)

I am attending HS on 3/30 it currently has a closing time of 8:30p. Star Wars Galactic Nights is scheduled to start at 9p. I have never attended a evening fireworks show scheduled outside of scheduled park hours. How does that work? How does that coincide with the time rides close down? Does Fantasmic still exit out the back route so they can not mix with Star Wars Galactic Nights?

Last edited:

I am attending HS on 3/30 it currently has a closing time of 8:30p. Star Wars Galactic Nights is scheduled to start at 9p. I have never attended a evening fireworks show scheduled outside of scheduled park hours. How does that work? How does that coincide with the time rides close down? Does Fantasmic still exit out the back route so they can not mix with Star Wars Galactic Nights

We did DHS today and it was exactly like that. Park closure at 8:30pm and fireworks at 9pm. So it happened like this: at 8:30pm attractions closed and they had another 15 minutes projection show which was not in the program (sorry, forgot the name, but it was a pretty cool celebration of Disney Animation). The area was not very crowded. Then Fantasmic let out and in like 10 minutes they crammed like 4 times the people into the area that were there before. They might have also let people out the back route but a humangeous crowd still joined in. Fireworks started at 9pm. I think it's specifically timed like that so people can still watch after Fantasmic?

Tip: we lined up right behind a taped off walkway in the middle of the empty plaza shortly after 7pm. When the first projection show was over, they ushered everyone in the area in front of us towards the Chinese Theater so it would clear up (a lot of) space for people coming from Fantasmic. Since we stood right at the walkway, we didn't to move and were able to keep our distance to the Chinese theater. Plus, no people directly in front us since there was the walkway.

Thanks- @elmoandzoey

What time do people typically start to line up for galactic nights? If you do a ride around 8:15 and then head over would we be out of luck for any decent viewing or still ahead of Fantasmic people?

The last Star Wars:A Galactic Spectacular fireworks I see on the WDW calendar is on April 30th. Anyone know if it will be continuing after that date??

The last Star Wars:A Galactic Spectacular fireworks I see on the WDW calendar is on April 30th. Anyone know if it will be continuing after that date??
Merged you to the proper thread.
The calendar for dhs has been slow to post, i believe it will continue after April as it's been updating only a month ahead of time

Thanks- @elmoandzoey

What time do people typically start to line up for galactic nights? If you do a ride around 8:15 and then head over would we be out of luck for any decent viewing or still ahead of Fantasmic people?
Merged the thread to the existing one
It's star wars galactic Spectacular, just to avoid confusion, galactic nights is an after hours ticketed event that they did years back a couple of times
The viewing area for the show is limited, you have to be able to see the Chinese theater along with the two projector screens on either side. It's more of a projection show with lasers and fire effects than a fireworks show. So getting there at least 30 min before would be best, people have found space much closer to showtime but it depends on crowd

It’s our favorite dessert party! Amazing how things change in the blink of an eye. You just never know. I would highly recommend it if you have a trip planned. :darth: :chewy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter