***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

my thought though was that with no FP then there is no "60 + day" booking window benefit of staying on site. So if they do the EEMH only for onsite guests that is a big advantage vs those staying off property. Otherwise there is not advantage to staying onsite with regards to the Falcon ride
That is exactly what got me to book a room onsite in Oct. I'm local enough to do day trips, and usually opt for offsite for overnights, but if things are as crazy as we think they may be, arriving at DHS around 3pm isn't likely to get me into GE. So yeah - I've got a room booked for the sole purpose of using EEMH, just in case that's what I need. I also figure that gives me plenty of time to watch and see how things actually go at DHS and if getting into GE later in the day looks possible, I'll dump the onsite reservation.

~~~
It's fun watching it all go down at DLR, but I'm being mindful of the fact that what we're seeing now isn't anything like how things will likely go at DHS. Pandora had hours-long (6? did it ever get to 8? I know Potterland did, and that might be more akin to how SW may go...) waits to just get into the land opening day. It seems to me WDW would rather have people do a virtual wait and go spend money on food and merch than stand in place all that time. But I also think how much time and $$ they want to invest in that will depend on just how long they think those kinds of waits will go on. By evening on Day 2 of Pandora, you could get in pretty quickly. A month or so after Diagon Alley opened at Uni Orlando, we were able to walk in with no wait, and "only" had a 3-hour wait for Gringott's. Maybe they go with a paper FP-type virtual queue on Day 1, or wristbands like they used for SWW?

I'm also wondering how DAS will fit into it all. If they handle it like a FP return, will we get the DAS return time for SR outside of GE and be admitted into GE at the SR DAS return time? IDK. I'm happy I'll have time to watch and see before my son who uses DAS is even willing to go to SWGE! (He can't handle heat, so that won't be until late Oct.)

That is exactly what got me to book a room onsite in Oct. I'm local enough to do day trips, and usually opt for offsite for overnights, but if things are as crazy as we think they may be, arriving at DHS around 3pm isn't likely to get me into GE. So yeah - I've got a room booked for the sole purpose of using EEMH, just in case that's what I need. I also figure that gives me plenty of time to watch and see how things actually go at DHS and if getting into GE later in the day looks possible, I'll dump the onsite reservation.

~~~
It's fun watching it all go down at DLR, but I'm being mindful of the fact that what we're seeing now isn't anything like how things will likely go at DHS. Pandora had hours-long (6? did it ever get to 8? I know Potterland did, and that might be more akin to how SW may go...) waits to just get into the land opening day. It seems to me WDW would rather have people do a virtual wait and go spend money on food and merch than stand in place all that time. But I also think how much time and $$ they want to invest in that will depend on just how long they think those kinds of waits will go on. By evening on Day 2 of Pandora, you could get in pretty quickly. A month or so after Diagon Alley opened at Uni Orlando, we were able to walk in with no wait, and "only" had a 3-hour wait for Gringott's. Maybe they go with a paper FP-type virtual queue on Day 1, or wristbands like they used for SWW?

I'm also wondering how DAS will fit into it all. If they handle it like a FP return, will we get the DAS return time for SR outside of GE and be admitted into GE at the SR DAS return time? IDK. I'm happy I'll have time to watch and see before my son who uses DAS is even willing to go to SWGE! (He can't handle heat, so that won't be until late Oct.)

also got me to explore an "extra" trip in the fall - but just couldnt' justify the $ once flights were included for a family of 5

We'll get there some day

Guests are being told they can enter Falcon queue up until 5 minutes before their window closes but that may be due to the low wait currently. If the wait is longer they may change that.

May that is what they will do - you need to be in line X minutes before the end of your window where X is the current wait time. So you don't have to be riding or off the ride before you end, but you can't hop into an hour wait 5 minutes before the end

guess we shall see how things proceed.

the stores are looking very crowded but that's not hard since they are small. Following along looking at MFSR wait times, right now it's 45 min

which fits with the first group seeing people heading there first ... I still find the fact they did the overlaps to be very interesting but maybe that is almost a bit of a test to "stress test" it a bit

Any word on the crowds in the rest of the park today?

Seems pretty slow. Hyperspace is at 35 minutes with FP return 2 hours out. Big Thunder at 15. Indy is down. 15 at Alice. 45 at Matterhorn. 5 at Splash. DCA is similarly slow. 60 for RSR, 20 for Guardians, and 5 for Incredicoaster.

I'm both really impressed with how they managed this and now extremely nervous about it getting worse once this reservation period ends.

What are the chances that a reservation period DOESN'T end? What if they just made a new reservation system starting June 23rd? This seems to be going pretty well so far. I'm not sure why they wouldn't keep it up. Or at least something like 80% reservation, 20% walk up.

What are the chances that a reservation period DOESN'T end? What if they just made a new reservation system starting June 23rd? This seems to be going pretty well so far. I'm not sure why they wouldn't keep it up. Or at least something like 80% reservation, 20% walk up.
They could but that might anger people. Disney has been advertising so much that no reservations are required after June 23rd.

I mean... it's not a bad idea.

I don't know about that. I think the biggest disappointment really I have seen is blue milk. Ronto's seems to be a hit with most. Docking Bay 7 I haven't seen enough reviews of. Cantina I haven't seen a bad review of yet.

I really don't understand why they didn't make the Blue/Green milk just vanilla ice cream based milk shakes with some food coloring in them. I mean, they could have made the green one mint, if they really wanted to go all out, and the blue one could have been blueberry flavored, but they could have just kept it vanilla flavored and colored it. Would have been much more appealing to the masses. The review of the drink getting "gooey" as it melts makes my stomach turn.

I don't feel like the number of people who *need* to be dairy free is justification enough to make this food item such.

i don't think they could just go "just kidding - only reservations going forward too!" ... but maybe they have some times that are reservations only and others that are more open? Or like you said, split it - so basically a Fastpass and Standby Lines to get in

I really don't understand why they didn't make the Blue/Green milk just vanilla ice cream based milk shakes with some food coloring in them. I mean, they could have made the green one mint, if they really wanted to go all out, and the blue one could have been blueberry flavored, but they could have just kept it vanilla flavored and colored it. Would have been much more appealing to the masses. The review of the drink getting "gooey" as it melts makes my stomach turn.

I don't feel like the number of people who *need* to be dairy free is justification enough to make this food item such.

I think they did it to be diary free - maybe they could have done one milk based and one dairy free?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter