***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I would think between price and costume rules and heat, you would be better off with a DIY bound, IMO

My son is already planning his. Orange t shirt. White shorts. White baseball cap that he will paint with fabric paint to look like the helmet worn by the X wing pilots. He bought the hat yesterday and Michaels and is going to paint it this weekend.

It is one of those thing where I think the morning crowd may not want an alcoholic drink first thing in the morning. Again, I will get multiple drinks at 7am if needed lol

But the line to get in closed 5 minutes after opening and did not reopen for some time after that. I would assume the amount of people allowed in there is the same throughout the day.

everyone - just for the first few days, then the early hours are for resort guests only
Thanks. That's what I thought. I think the EEM for resort guests actually starts on Sunday Sept 1 and I was hoping it started with opening day. I really want to be there opening day but I will have to mentally prepare dh for the extraordinary crowds.....and it'll be hot.....and there's a reason Grumpy is his spirit character.

Last edited:

Yikes. Maybe consider growing up. It's just as "real" as cow's milk. Except a baby cow didn't have to get stolen from it's mother and killed so you could steal the mother's milk.

Telling someone to grow up because of their preferences is a bit over the top I think. Especially for a Disney message board. And definitely no need to turn it into a social issue. Can't see that ending well. Nothing wrong with taking that stand yourself, but let's not try to guilt or shame people for not thinking the same way.

Falcon now at 75 minutes

I wonder if the 2nd group noticed the wait time trends from the first group and did a 180, or if the 2nd group is actually larger than the first so Disney could slowly increase the crowds to see how well they can handle it.

I wonder if the 2nd group noticed the wait time trends from the first group and did a 180, or if the 2nd group is actually larger than the first so Disney could slowly increase the crowds to see how well they can handle it.
It's back to 50.

also may have been some from the first group finihing up getting through the ride ... whereas for the first group the queue was entirely empty

The initial rush seems to make the wait times go up and then it dies back down. I expect it to be back down over the next hour.

This does bring up a good point though... I'm "allergic" (cross-reactivity with pollens) to soy milk and almond milk. What exactly is the blue milk made of?

Smugglers Run taking a bit of a beating in early media reviews. A lot of complaints about the split up/down and left/right piloting controls. Seems like engineer is the place to be if you want to experience everything on screen.

Smugglers Run taking a bit of a beating in early media reviews. A lot of complaints about the split up/down and left/right piloting controls. Seems like engineer is the place to be if you want to experience everything on screen.

Yeah, I have seen a lot of criticism. Seems hard to pilot, especially for kids. It does seem strange to have 2 different people controlling movement. One joystick would have been better, I think. The co pilot could handle the throttle, maybe.

We plan to have me and my husband pilot, my 2 sons be gunners and MIL be an engineer.

Does anyone know if they are putting single riders in with parties of 5? Or just letting it run as a party of 5?

The most telling criticism was the "MF might not be as good as Star Tours." Yikes! That's harsh.

This does bring up a good point though... I'm "allergic" (cross-reactivity with pollens) to soy milk and almond milk. What exactly is the blue milk made of?
Coconut and some other things. I don’t think there is soy or almond but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I have seen a lot of criticism. Seems hard to pilot, especially for kids. It does seem strange to have 2 different people controlling movement. One joystick would have been better, I think. The co pilot could handle the throttle, maybe.

We plan to have me and my husband pilot, my 2 sons be gunners and MIL be an engineer.

Does anyone know if they are putting single riders in with parties of 5? Or just letting it run as a party of 5?
I’ve seen a lot of people saying the pilot is the best position of them all. They are trying to run as full as possible so I’m don’t see why they wouldn’t put a single with a group of 5.

I have no concrete evidence but I highly doubt they fly it with empty seats just to keep wait times down.

I’ve seen a lot of people saying the pilot is the best position of them all. They are trying to run as full as possible so I’m don’t see why they wouldn’t put a single with a group of 5.

Seems like people with videogame experience would have an advantage here. Hopefully Disney isn't seating really young kids up there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter