***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Do we think we'll get an email and after that email is sent registration will open? Will we get prior warning, like an email one day and sign up another?

Huh, wonder why they are returning... broken or regret spending the $$$?

I saw some more conversation around it and it was (or at least the speculation was) that it appears the BB units don't work very well/smoothly on rough ground - including like a lot of the concrete in GE so people feel they aren't getting full benefits of having one, etc. seems like the R2-style units are easier/move better

Do we think we'll get an email and after that email is sent registration will open? Will we get prior warning, like an email one day and sign up another?
There was no warning for Pandora or TSL, the emails just went out with a link to “register now” - but the previews were also not pre-publicized so my guess is we’ll get advance notice of a date this time.

We purchased our AP but have not been in the park yet to "activate" them - will we still get an email? We arrive the 16th and would activate them that day. It would stink not to be included!

We have APs and will be there from the 4th to the 17th. I had completely phased SW:GE out of my head and now I am stupidly excited that we might have a chance to see it.

Fun numbers in this press release

https://disneylandnews.com/2019/05/29/star-wars-galaxys-edge-fun-facts/https://disneylandnews.com/galleries/2019/05/30/star-wars-galaxys-edge/

By the Numbers

• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge spans more than 14 acres, making these the largest single-themed lands in Disney Parks history.
  • More than a dozen venues fill the lands, including Resistance and First Order encampments, a spaceport and a bustling market.
  • Two attractions will entice guests to live their own Star Warsadventures – Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and (opening later in 2019) Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
  • There are three entrances into the new land at Disneyland Park, and two at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (otherwise, the lands are nearly identical).
  • The Millennium Falcon docked in the Black Spire Outpost Spaceport measures more than 100 feet long.
  • Among the ancient-looking spires across the lands, the tallest is more than 130 feet high.
  • The lands were created with more than 200,000 square feet of rockwork and approximately 260,000 square feet of themed plaster in each location.
  • More than 7,000 props were created for each land.
  • Nine different retail locations in the lands offer nearly 700 unique items, ideal for those looking to take a memory of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge home with them.
  • There are more than 120,000 possible combinations for constructing a lightsaber using all the available pieces in Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers.
  • There are nearly 280,000 possible combinations for constructing an R-series or BB-series astromech droid using all the available pieces in the Droid Depot.
  • Five locations within Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge offer guests a chance to purchase food and beverages. The lands’ menus feature more than 50 distinct, out-of-this-world items.
Did You Know?

• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge marks the first time a full-size, 100% complete Millennium Falcon has ever been built.
  • Guests enter the Millennium Falcon through the same starboard airlock used by Han Solo and Chewbacca in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
  • The chess-type game played on the table in the Millennium Falcon main hold and lounge is called Dejarik; guests can sit at the table inside Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and the game is available for purchase in the Toydarian Toymaker marketplace stall.
  • At Black Spire Outpost, the droid in charge of music at the local watering hole, Oga’s Cantina, is DJ R-3X, the former Starspeeder 3000 pilot from Star Tours.
  • For the soundtrack inside Oga’s Cantina, Walt Disney Imagineering commissioned musicians and composers from around the world to craft original music for a galactic playlist.
  • Kowakian Monkey-Lizards and Porgs are among the “critters” guests will find at the Creature Stall. These are just a few of the many items guests may purchase during their visit.
  • Academy Award-winning® composer John Williams created an all-new suite of themes written especially for the lands and their attractions.
Development Timeline

• The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm Ltd. In 2012.
  • Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been in development since 2014.
  • Walt Disney Company Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced Star Wars-themed lands would open at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios while at the D23 Expo on Aug. 15, 2015.
  • Construction in both Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios began in April 2016.
  • Approximately 6,700 construction workers and artisans were employed during the development of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
  • To operate the land, 1,600 new jobs were created for Disneyland Resort.
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, one of two attractions in the lands, will open on both coasts by the end of 2019.

Disney hasn't said "end of 2019" they have said "later this year" or "by the end of 2019"

Right, they won't officially announce it because they don't want to step on their own feet with GE opening with high interest/anticipation in FL in late Aug. They'll probably give a date first week of Sept. or shortly after, and it'll be December. That's the business logic in my head, anyway - could be they'll open it ASAP and have plans already for earlier than not - but that kind of optimism is likely what they're banking on as people start booking their autumn trips. Could be Sept. for CA, Dec. for FL.

That's where I'd bet my Dole Whip, anyway.

Last edited:
Right, they won't officially announce it because they don't want to step on their own feet with GE opening with high interest/anticipation in FL in late Aug. They'll probably give a date first week of Sept. or shortly after, and it'll be December. That's the business logic in my head, anyway - could be they'll open it ASAP and have plans already for earlier than not - but that kind of optimism is likely what they're banking on as people start booking their autumn trips. Could be Sept. for CA, Dec. for FL.

That's where I'd bet my Dole Whip, anyway.
Well considering they haven't announced a date for DL's yet I don't think they will necessarily announce anything first week of September in WDW.

Is there a chance RotR could open on both coasts the same day? For no particular reason this is what I've always thought would happen.

It's a weird situation either way but I dunno if they would announce an opening date for later as opposed to just being like "ok guys we're open now".

And still: expecting August for DL and November for WDW. I'm sticking to this!

The WDW SW:GE announcement I'm most looking forward to is finding out how they are planning to handle crowds when it first opens!

How far in advance of the DL version did they announce that they were using a reservation system? Wondering if we'll have a similar lead time to find out WDWs plans?

The WDW SW:GE announcement I'm most looking forward to is finding out how they are planning to handle crowds when it first opens!

How far in advance of the DL version did they announce that they were using a reservation system? Wondering if we'll have a similar lead time to find out WDWs plans?
I believe it was March.

I believe it was March.
Thanks! Hopefully that means we're nearing the home stretch to hear what WDW will do.

I'd love a reservation system but with the sheer number of people and resorts I can't see it happening. I'd be happy with a reservation system even if it didn't include the portion that the DL system did that guaranteed resort guests and entrance. Can't imagine that FL can handle that but some sort of an advance reservation system would be GREAT!!

Having just watched our Raptors Championship parade on Monday (safely from home) it frightens me that SW:GE without a reservation system could look something like this...... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter