***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Disney can’t win for losing!! Last year people jumped all over them for lack of shade and seating in Toy Story Land. This year they make sure to put some in at SWGE and people are upset because it’s not perfectly themed.

I’ll take less than perfect shade and seating over the alternative. FL heat is not something to be messed with!

Disney can’t win for losing!! Last year people jumped all over them for lack of shade and seating in Toy Story Land. This year they make sure to put some in at SWGE and people are upset because it’s not perfectly themed.

I’ll take less than perfect shade and seating over the alternative. FL heat is not something to be messed with!

Agreed. I personally think people are overacting to something like this. I mean, it is a theme park. I understand wanting to feel immersed and all that, but safety needs to come first.

For anyone who has done AP previews today, did everyone need photo ID or just the one who booked the reservation? My son doesn’t always carry his for fear of losing it in the parks. In CA only the “lead” guest needed it. Thanks!!!

For anyone who has done AP previews today, did everyone need photo ID or just the one who booked the reservation? My son doesn’t always carry his for fear of losing it in the parks. In CA only the “lead” guest needed it. Thanks!!!
According to numerous posts, only the printed out Confirmation was needed + the AP Card.

Agreed. I personally think people are overacting to something like this. I mean, it is a theme park. I understand wanting to feel immersed and all that, but safety needs to come first.
But then you have people who think the CMs in character is too much. You can’t really win. If this was a safety thing than why aren’t there more tables and shade areas in TSL? It’s not that. California doesn’t have this amount of tables.

Not trying to overreact just play all sides to this. Disney can’t say they are going all in on theme and then cut corners. Either go all in or don’t?

Agreed. A major point of GE is the immersive theming. Also, they know what their weather is like, so this shouldn't have been an issue. It seems like they don't care enough to build it in to anything even though they know that shade and seating are both beneficial if not necessary. They should have solved it from the start. And they should definitely be addressing the issue in park areas that have the worst problems, like TSL.

We went this morning and she looked at both mine and dh’s ids. They were telling everyone to have their ids out and ready

The umbrellas were actually very nice. We were in line for the antique shop and it was super warm so the little bit of shade helped

When did you get in line and how long was the wait? We go next month and that is one place I want to see. Would you say it would be better to ride Smuggler’s Run after going into that shop to manage the shortest wait since Smuggler’s Run has an inside queue? I have reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s. Were there any other lines for stuff?

When did you get in line and how long was the wait? We go next month and that is one place I want to see. Would you say it would be better to ride Smuggler’s Run after going into that shop to manage the shortest wait since Smuggler’s Run has an inside queue? I have reservations for Oga’s and Savi’s. Were there any other lines for stuff?
I think it’ll be really hard to go off of what I tell you since it was a preview and there were a lot less people. We only waited about 5-10 minutes for the antique shop. We rode smuggler’s run at 10:15 after being let in at 8:30. It was a 20 minute wait. But again I don’t know how helpful this will be for you going next month. The line to get into docking bay 7 was a bit long and was curved around the outside of the building. That took about 20 minutes to order food.

I think it’ll be really hard to go off of what I tell you since it was a preview and there were a lot less people. We only waited about 5-10 minutes for the antique shop. We rode smuggler’s run at 10:15 after being let in at 8:30. It was a 20 minute wait. But again I don’t know how helpful this will be for you going next month. The line to get into docking bay 7 was a bit long and was curved around the outside of the building. That took about 20 minutes to order food.

Thanks! I figured it won’t be exactly the same but I was wondering what features were getting lines. I am guessing the same things will have lines when we go but they’ll probably be longer.

But then you have people who think the CMs in character is too much. You can’t really win. If this was a safety thing than why aren’t there more tables and shade areas in TSL? It’s not that. California doesn’t have this amount of tables.

Not trying to overreact just play all sides to this. Disney can’t say they are going all in on theme and then cut corners. Either go all in or don’t?

I don't disagree. I meant to add to my post, they should have planned this in advance yes. I just personally don't think it's something though to get all worked up over like that tweet showed.

Agreed. A major point of GE is the immersive theming. Also, they know what their weather is like, so this shouldn't have been an issue. It seems like they don't care enough to build it in to anything even though they know that shade and seating are both beneficial if not necessary. They should have solved it from the start. And they should definitely be addressing the issue in park areas that have the worst problems, like TSL.

Goodness then by all means Disney please put some put some gunny/potato sacks over the umbrellas!

I don't disagree. I meant to add to my post, they should have planned this in advance yes. I just personally don't think it's something though to get all worked up over like that tweet showed.
I don’t think the tweet was getting worked up. The poster is a bit satirical most of the time.

I agree! They knew this was an issue in TSL- they have added umbrellas to the queues and standing tables to Andy's Lunchbox. They should have been able to anticipate that being an issue in GE as well, and proactively added it into the land. Obviously they did not, so they are patching things on the back end again. It's certainly not the end of the world, but it is a sign that they are slipping on the details. And to Disney purists, and probably most enthusiasts, that is a big deal. It's what sets (or did set) Disney apart from other companies. So, no, not a catastrophe. Just disappointing.

DIS Twitter: There is no shade in Toy Story Land, what a disaster

Also DIS Twitter: They added shade to GE and it ruins the theme and is a disaster

People just want properly designed lands. They knew about the need for shade so they couldve just designed in thematically appropriate shade. Especially since they’ve tried to push the land as beyond immersive.

Honestly though most of it fits in pretty well. I do think some of the tables look like they just picked them up for Pottery Barn or something so those could look a bit more weathered but otherwise I don't see what the issue is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter