***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

@rteetz did you mean "I would think not"? As I would think not as well based on current crowds .... But info think RotR is a bit of a wildcard (especially with WDW getting it first) and I think the extra, extra hours were the benefit given to on site guests as the lack of FP for the attractions means on site guests don't get a benefit like for other rides (the 60+ vs 30 days for making FP+). Plus with the holidays coming I could see them doing something. Maybe not 3 hours everyday but something like either morning or evening regular extra hours everyday at DHS
Yes autocorrect went to now for me. Regular hours are usually extended a bit with the holidays as well. I don’t expect every day EMH to continue.

I think Disney executives overestimated the first group in your statement and underestimated the second group

I think it was Iger himself of said something like "we don't need to advertise Galaxy's Edge, all we have to do is say that it is open"
Disney thought this would be like the Potter craze and somewhat rightfully so. Star Wars is older, and sells more merchandise than Potter globally. Potter looking back on it (the lands specifically) was somewhat of a generational phenomenon. Disney wanted to jump in on that and thought Star Wars would do it easily. I think Potter had the freshness of the books and films to help it. Star Wars did have the new films of course but they were somewhat more divisive than other films.

all the parks are so empty, it's not just a SWGE phenomenon . Last night SDD AS2 ToT ST were walk ons, MFSR had a 20 min wait around 7pm. This morning I was able to walk on to Dumbo, Barnstormer, Peoplemover, Buzz, HM and this after the park being opened an hour with EMH guests
I mean this IS our slow season but it hasn't been this slow in years, glad for people vacationing now
That’s what’s sort of crazy. The past few years the fall had grown increasingly larger in terms of crowds. This year it’s died down. I am thinking we are seeing a change in how or where people vacation as well as Disney reaching their price equilibrium of sorts. The higher prices go the less people will come. For example in the last earnings report spending/revenue for the parks was up but attendance was down. I see Disney slowing down the frequency of their price increases now to sort of play with this middle ground.

I can’t help but wonder if many Star Wars fans are waiting for ROTR to be open as well. I know if I was planning my vacation to include both rides, I’d be waiting for that one to be open.

That was absolutely our plan before I scored reservations during AP previews. We hope to return sometime after January 1 but before our AP's expire in May.

Disney wanted and prepped for this to be busy from the day it opened through the holidays.

They probably shouldn't have opened during the statistical peak of hurricane season if they wanted super busy, but I digress.

I think even an October opening would have looked "busier" but honestly I wish I was there now, it's 4 PM and there are only 2 rides with a standby wait of longer than 60 minutes and a ton of attractions in the 10/20/30 minute wait range. Even the falcon is 35 minutes standby.

They probably shouldn't have opened during the statistical peak of hurricane season if they wanted super busy, but I digress.

I think even an October opening would have looked "busier" but honestly I wish I was there now, it's 4 PM and there are only 2 rides with a standby wait of longer than 60 minutes and a ton of attractions in the 10/20/30 minute wait range. Even the falcon is 35 minutes standby.
I am not sure it would’ve mattered when they opened. Opening day was really busy for the land and was even busier than Disneyland’s. With or without the hurricane I believe we would’ve seen the drop off.

I can’t help but wonder if many Star Wars fans are waiting for ROTR to be open as well. I know if I was planning my vacation to include both rides, I’d be waiting for that one to be open.

it certainly made it easier for us to hold off on our next trip vs over-extending ourselves ... and once that date was announced motivated us to book a bit earlier than maybe we would have otherwise for our next trip. I sort of wonder if a lot of WDW fans/regulars are sort of similar - that GE and RotR are having some impact on when they book their next trip but not the cause of them having that next trip or creating the need for an "extra" trip

it certainly made it easier for us to hold off on our next trip vs over-extending ourselves ... and once that date was announced motivated us to book a bit earlier than maybe we would have otherwise for our next trip. I sort of wonder if a lot of WDW fans/regulars are sort of similar - that GE and RotR are having some impact on when they book their next trip but not the cause of them having that next trip or creating the need for an "extra" trip

We booked a trip specifically for the opening. ROTR has not impacted our plans and we are not making a special trip for that.

Hey.

Not sure if I am missing something but is GE not a less busier than expected

I am watching live vlogs over the last week and doesn’t seem to bad at all. I have seen wait time as low at 15 minutes with SR I expected this to be hours

There was talk on here of parks closing as they are full and the crowds been that bad the other parks will be really crowded to

We are going on 29th November for two weeks and not sure what to expect as I no the other ride opens then to

But over all Am I missing something or is it less busy than expected

Disney thought this would be like the Potter craze and somewhat rightfully so. Star Wars is older, and sells more merchandise than Potter globally. Potter looking back on it (the lands specifically) was somewhat of a generational phenomenon. Disney wanted to jump in on that and thought Star Wars would do it easily. I think Potter had the freshness of the books and films to help it. Star Wars did have the new films of course but they were somewhat more divisive than other films.
Universal built what you see in the movies, Disney build a Star Wars'ish land.

It's like doing an attraction around San Francisco, Universal used the Golden Gate bridge, and Disney used the Bay Bridge. Yeah it's a fine bridge and all but it's not what I expect to see in a San Francisco attraction.

Hey.

Not sure if I am missing something but is GE not a less busier than expected

I am watching live vlogs over the last week and doesn’t seem to bad at all. I have seen wait time as low at 15 minutes with SR I expected this to be hours

There was talk on here of parks closing as they are full and the crowds been that bad the other parks will be really crowded to

We are going on 29th November for two weeks and not sure what to expect as I no the other ride opens then to

But over all Am I missing something or is it less busy than expected
We are here now and have found it to be very light crowds, which is beyond amazing! This week is probably one of the slowest historically (after Labor Day, school is back in session, etc), so of course this could change by your trip.

Originally we had planned to do the extra extra magic hours for Galaxy’s Edge, but after looking at wait times (and the daytime temperatures), we decided to head over in the early evening 2 nights in a row instead (we are not morning people). The land was not busy and we walked onto the Falcon with no wait. No waits for PhotoPass. No waits for food. We had an Oga’s reservation but probably didn’t even need it, as they were accepting walk-ups. No line at Droid building yesterday. It was wonderful!!!

Universal built what you see in the movies, Disney build a Star Wars'ish land.

It's like doing an attraction around San Francisco, Universal used the Golden Gate bridge, and Disney used the Bay Bridge. Yeah it's a fine bridge and all but it's not what I expect to see in a San Francisco attraction.
I get it, I do. I don’t think what Disney did was a bad thing though. They still have pieces from all over the the Star Wars universe. If they built just Tatooine or Endor they would be limited to a very specific time and honestly outside of the cantina I really wouldn’t want much else from Tatooine. I like how they made something new and fresh. Allows for more exploration of sorts. More learning, with books and other lore from the Star Wars universe.

I see the never-ending argument continues :)
Well took my parents, sister and 12 year old nephew to Batuu on Sunday. None of them are SW in the slightest, maybe they can name Vader and that's about it, they recognize the Falcon but didn't know it's name . They enjoyed the land very much, loved the look and feel of it, went on SR and liked it although both my parents had no clue why they needed to push the buttons to fire the guns, my nephew and sister were pilots and did very well (nephew is a gamer) I explained things here and there how the look of the exit changes depending on how well the crew did, my nephew was happy that there were only some minor flashes of light
Took them over to the milk stand, my nephew is lactose intolerant so I asked him if he wanted to try blue and green milk, he replied he couldn't drink milk, to which I said, Disney made a special drink that you can have. A real treat for him, my sister looked over the allergy page with the ingredients just to be sure and we had the thumbs up.
It's so funny how different people are reacting to the "milks" from the 4 of them all 4 liked the blue but only 2 liked the green. My nephew was so happy with the blue he asked my sister to learn how to make it :)
Although none of them are SW fans there is one character they recognized at first glance "Arturito" (we're hispanic) mom and sister loved all the merchandise in the droid depot especially the kitchenware. I told them that I wanted the $25k R2D2 for my birthday. :) they loved the feel of the land at night, we exited through TSLand which they hadn't seen either and my mom said she wanted to come back and explore more when the temps cooled off.
Now this Saturday I'm taking my other sister, her husband and 3 kids. My BIL is a SW fan and I can't wait to see his reaction.

A bit off topic but had to share this exchange from the SWGE FB page

Person 1: So...how old is Hondo supposed to be in GE? In TCW he was an established adult and by Rebels he seemed on the verge of elderly but 42 years have passed since then and he seems the same age as he was in TCW. Wookieepedia says that Weequays live up to 90 years what gives?

Person 2: lol you're over thinking it

Person 1: It's Star Wars, if anything I'm under-thinking it

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter