***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

db5f3488-94dc-494c-995b-2f04217cf958-jpeg.399710

Meiloorun?

There is no way I could do this land in 4 hours! I take a thousand photos of my boys next to EVERYTHING (they are really good sports about my photo obsession) and that has nothing to do with rides, shops, or food. I'm going to have to try to get in at least 3 times on my Dec. trip to get a feel for the place. I can't even go into Tatooine Traders without getting 100 pics outside strategically taken to look like they are really there, lol. And that is every trip.

I know I'm being beyond bratty when I say 4 hours is not enough, especially in my case that I am a local. I would be downright upset if this was my one and only time to go to DL or WDW and I couldn't really enjoy the land to it's fullest
Good point! It's different if you're a local and can easily go back. We are going in November, from the East Coast. Hopefully, everyone will have full access by then, but you never know...until you know.

I know I'm being beyond bratty when I say 4 hours is not enough, especially in my case that I am a local. I would be downright upset if this was my one and only time to go to DL or WDW and I couldn't really enjoy the land to it's fullest
Here's my take. I'm not a local, but am going to DL for the first time on this trip in mid June. Trip was planned for a long time because I have business matters in Anaheim for the following week, so I am bringing the family along for the week prior to my duties. At the time....and any time before early March, all anybody knew was that SWGE would open in "Summer 2019". Based on speculation, an occasional leak, and people analyzing AP blockout dates, there was an assumption that SWGE would open around June 22-24. So, really, anyone going from that time forward, really should have the same expectation as all along...full access, albeit the crowds might cause the land to close for a while (which is what the virtual queue is designed to help people access the land during potential capacity closures). Since we are going before then, we expected the possibility of some type of paid preview, but didn't hang out hats on that thought. We fully expected to miss the entire thing. Then, all of a suddenly, they announced the May 31 opening. I suppose Disney maybe SHOULD have simply called it a soft opening or a limited access preview, instead of saying "it's opening early....but you need a reservation". But ultimately, IMHO, it was going to open for everyone for full access for as long as anyone wants to stay in there...and then, surprise, here is an extra 3 weeks of partial access.

I know nobody here is really complaining about this, and I suppose in hindsight, I hope this post doesn't sound like I'm bashing anyone. I'm not. I just think that most folks who planned this trip, probably assumed that they would miss SWGE during this 3 week window, and with the reservation system blocking people from flooding the parks just trying to get in (and the full media blitz informing people of this), I personally don't see how anyone could really be peeved too badly about only getting 4 hours in a land that they were not expected to have ready yet. Now, if the virtual queue or anything after the June 23/24 general opening had limited people to a certain time frame......now THAT would be a huge issue.

Our current reservation(s) have us leaving WDW on Aug 30. I am changing a ressie to keep us there through Aug 31. So we can do 2 days at GE. If they have time limits at HS my family will follow it. It seems fair and well, we are just rule followers like that. Thus why I added on ANOTHER day.

Our current reservation(s) have us leaving WDW on Aug 30. I am changing a ressie to keep us there through Aug 31. So we can do 2 days at GE. If they have time limits at HS my family will follow it. It seems fair and well, we are just rule followers like that. Thus why I added on ANOTHER day.

Iger: good, good ... everything is proceeding as I have foreseen

And I'd say it's not just about being a rule follower, but about being respectful and kind to other guests who would also love to experience the land and cannot when someone else hangs out there all day long. Not to mention the headache in crowds it will cause if everyone chooses to ignore the guidelines. It's just general good manners, IMO.

Not saying someone shouldn't spend a whole day there at some point, just wait 6 or 8 months until the crowds have died down to do that. Or, like you, go back several days in a row for a few hours each time. :)

And I'd say it's not just about being a rule follower, but about being respectful and kind to other guests who would also love to experience the land and cannot when someone else hangs out there all day long. Not to mention the headache in crowds it will cause if everyone chooses to ignore the guidelines. It's just general good manners, IMO.

Not saying someone shouldn't spend a whole day there at some point, just wait 6 or 8 months until the crowds have died down to do that. Or, like you, go back several days in a row for a few hours each time. :)

Yup. While I TOTALLY understand the DESIRE to spend as long as possible in the land, there has to be some level of respect for the fact that the capacity of the land is limited, and thousands of people will have spent big bucks to be there (i.e. noone is special because everyone is special).

The 4 hour limit makes sense, and because I know we will also want to spend many, many hours in the land we are planning our big trip a few years out when (hopefully) visiting is less restricted. I'm not going into our August vacation this year expecting unfettered access to a brand new land, I'm planning ahead for that down the line :)

I would be shocked if they start for under $100 ... I think closer to $200 for full experience with blade, etc.
You're probably right but that won't deter most people. I figure there will be long lines for this and/or reservations required. Perhaps even a hard ticket event with cupcakes!

Honestly, I really like how this seems to be set up. Keeping it a secret and needing to have the code, etc, is great immersion for the story. Letting the Force find the Force user. With only 20 or so doing this at a time, this is needed to keep from there being a line. You get a return time reservation. At least that's how I read it. I like that!
I like that part, but I'm def curious about how they handle reservations, seems like something that will fill up fast. On the other hand... what if it was completely random? Like... what if they did it by invite and messaged random people on the land who indicated that they would want to do this? For anyone who has the app, they would get a message to head to Savi's at so-and-so time and say the password. It would be agonizing for anyone who was hoping to get in via reservation but what a delight if you end up getting the message.

Anyway, the fact that it's 15-20 people every 15 minutes is going to be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter