• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Half Marathon Thread...Jan 15-18th, 2015!!

kappyfamily

MEESKA MOOSKA!
OK guys! it's official. SO EXCITED!

AP Early Registration is on June 4th at noon (EST) & "General Public" REGISTRATION IS JUNE 10th at noon (EST)

Star Wars Half Marathon
Sunday, January 18, 2015
5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Disneyland® Resort

Rebel Challenge-- 10k & Half Marathon
Saturday, January 17 & Sunday, January 18, 2015

Star Wars 10k
Saturday, January 17, 2015

Star Wars 5k
Friday, January 16, 2015

Kids Race
Saturday, January 17, 2015

Health and Fitness Expo
Thursday, January 15
Friday, January 16
Saturday, January 17

PRICES:

Star Wars Half Marathon
$195 by July 22, 2014
$210 between July 23 and August 19, 2014
$225 on or after August 20, 2014

Star Wars Rebel Challenge
$320 by July 22, 2014
$345 between July 23 and August 19, 2014
$370 on or after August 20, 2014

Star Wars 10K
$105 by July 22, 2014
$120 between July 23 and August 19, 2014
$135 on or after August 20, 2014

Star Wars 5K
$70 by August 23, 2014
$80 on or after August 24, 2014

runDisney Kids Races
$20 by August 23, 2014
$25 on or after August 24, 2014

Star Wars Wookiee Welcome Party
$99
Under 3 - $0

ChEAR Squad
Bronze - $0
Silver - $45
Gold - $69
Platinum - $99
Under 3 - $0

I'm on the fence. I don't really care all that much about Star Wars, but I would like to get a Coast to Coast, and I don't have interest in Tink, Disneyland or Avengers weekends.

Part of me thinks that if you are not that into Star Wars you might kinda be hating that weekend. We are die hards (comic con etc type of folks) and people get REALLY into their star wars. Might be better off to wait for another??? Although the flip side you never know, you might love it!

I just posted this question on the other Star Wars thread...here again...about hotels.

Are the hotels in DL like WDW in that you need a bus to get from one to other? Or can you walk? I want to start looking now ... I didn't know if it mattered. If I stayed in the hotel furthest from the start line could I walk to the start or do I need a bus?

Never been there before. Drove by it once YEARS ago when there were no hotels but that's about it .

I just posted this question on the other Star Wars thread...here again...about hotels.

Are the hotels in DL like WDW in that you need a bus to get from one to other? Or can you walk? I want to start looking now ... I didn't know if it mattered. If I stayed in the hotel furthest from the start line could I walk to the start or do I need a bus?

Never been there before. Drove by it once YEARS ago when there were no hotels but that's about it .

Ive done a couple DL and a couple WDW 1/2's and here are my thoughts:
It's VERY different. If you can swing it cost wise I highly recommend staying at one of the 3 DL hotels. I prefer the Paradise Pier (which is the least expensive of the 3). Not really knowing where the start and finish lines will be, but if they are like Tink at all, it is right outside of this hotel. My corral (D) was like 40 feet from the entrance. IT WAS AMAZING.

Not sure on the good neighbor hotels, I know a lot of people can help out with that.

I was super scared about getting into Avengers and now with this one....yikes.
SAME. Avengers wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be though:worship::worship: maybe because there was no challenge? DDD was nerve racking! I didnt get my confirmation email till 10 that night!

seriously difficult, registering for the rebel challenge will be,

Part of me thinks that if you are not that into Star Wars you might kinda be hating that weekend. We are die hards (comic con etc type of folks) and people get REALLY into their star wars. Might be better off to wait for another??? Although the flip side you never know, you might love it!

Sort of like being a guy at Princess or Tink weekend?

Hubby and I are all over this one! Love Star Wars. This may just become our yearly Run Disney Race :) Anyone heard if annual passholders will be able to get early registration?

Yay for this being at Disneyland! I just couldn't get into the Avenger's theme, even though I had a ton of friends excited about it. For budgetary reasons, I just wish they had announced it a bit sooner.

If you stay on Harbor or Katella, you can most definitely walk. There is a free shuttle on race weekends but unless you are staying at one of the further away hotels you probably dont need it. The first year I did Tink I stayed at Hojo's and I walked over in the morning. Took me about 20 minutes. And there are many hotels that are closer that Hojo.

If registration is June 10th, when will AP registration be? The 3rd? We're going to the Parks that week so I guess I'll be trying to register from my phone. Hate that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter