Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say. normally Friday is the least crowded, and the mk event might pull some people away from dhs that day.

I would certainly say that it will lower the crowds, how much however is hard to say since theres no precedent. From a local stand point, most of my friends are going to the 24 hour event when they usually would have stopped by SWW even if only for a few hours.

PrincessKida said:
I would certainly say that it will lower the crowds, how much however is hard to say since theres no precedent. From a local stand point, most of my friends are going to the 24 hour event when they usually would have stopped by SWW even if only for a few hours.

The other side is that cast members have been blocked from going to mk that day. So any cm that have that day off might end up going to dhs

not sure who manages this site but it states that Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) will be at SWW June 7-9
http://www.wookieewarehouse.com/upcoming-appearances.php

Correcting myself from earlier - looks like Peter and his wife run this site, as well. It may be a valid. I have met Peter and Angie before, and the photo there is accurately them. The info may be correct. Again, not confirmed by Disney, but, listed on the actor's site.

Ash

Recently i read on May 4, parents will be able to accompany their child during Jedi Training. Is there any chance they will introduce this for all Jedi Training during SWW weekends. My husband would absolutely love to do this with our daughter.

lorli said:
Recently i read on May 4, parents will be able to accompany their child during Jedi Training. Is there any chance they will introduce this for all Jedi Training during SWW weekends. My husband would absolutely love to do this with our daughter.

Could be wrong, but announcement said "for one day only".

What we know for sure
MAY 17-19
Ray Park – (Darth Maul)
Jeremy Bullock (Bobba Fett) not official from Disney, it’s listed on his site
Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Clones on CW) not official from Disney, on his Twitter
MAY 24-26
Ray Park (Darth Maul )
Warwick Davis ( Wicket)
MAY 31 - JUNE 2
Warwick Davis ( Wicket)
JUNE 7-9
Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) not official from Disney, from this page: http://www.wookieewarehouse.com/upcoming-appearances.php

From last year's schedule when Ray Park was there
Padawan Mind Challenge: 2:10 & 6:30pm
Hyperspace Hoopla: 8:00pm
Jedi Training Academy: 9:15am, 9:45am, 10:15am, 10:45am, 11:15am, 11:45am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 4:45pm, 5:15pm, 5:45pm, 6:15pm, 6:45pm
Star Wars Character meets: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Behind the Force: 11:00am & 1:45pm
Stars of the Saga: 3:15pm
Obi-Wan and Beyond: 4:45pm
Visit to the Maul: 6:00pm
Star Wars Motorcade 12:40pm
Autograph Sessions:
James Arnold Taylor 9:45am
Ashley Eckstein 4:30pm and 5:45pm
Ray Park: 10:15am and 1:45pm
2nd SW celeb 10:15am 1:30pm and 4:30pm
Clone Wars celeb 3pm, 4:30pm and 5:45pm

Character locations and schedule from last year, from Kenny The Pirate site’s
http://kennythepirate.com/2012/08/08/star-wars-weekends-map-and-character-schedule/

What we know for sure
MAY 17-19
Ray Park – (Darth Maul)
Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Clones on CW) not official from Disney, on his Twitter
MAY 24-26
Ray Park (Darth Maul )
Warwick Davis ( Wicket)
MAY 31 - JUNE 2
Warwick Davis ( Wicket)
JUNE 7-9
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) not official from Disney, from this page: http://www.wookieewarehouse.com/upcoming-appearances.php

Still no celebrity week 3 love... :worried:

What we know for sure
MAY 17-19
Ray Park – (Darth Maul)
MAY 24-26
Ray Park (Darth Maul )
Warwick Davis ( Wicket)
MAY 31 - JUNE 2
Warwick Davis ( Wicket)
JUNE 7-9

From last year's schedule when Ray Park was there
Padawan Mind Challenge: 2:10 & 6:30pm
Hyperspace Hoopla: 8:00pm
Jedi Training Academy: 9:15am, 9:45am, 10:15am, 10:45am, 11:15am, 11:45am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 4:45pm, 5:15pm, 5:45pm, 6:15pm, 6:45pm
Star Wars Character meets: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Behind the Force: 11:00am & 1:45pm
Stars of the Saga: 3:15pm
Obi-Wan and Beyond: 4:45pm
Visit to the Maul: 6:00pm
Star Wars Motorcade 12:40pm
Autograph Sessions:
James Arnold Taylor 9:45am
Ashley Eckstein 4:30pm and 5:45pm
Ray Park: 10:15am and 1:45pm
2nd SW celeb 10:15am 1:30pm and 4:30pm
Clone Wars celeb 3pm, 4:30pm and 5:45pm

Character locations and schedule from last year, from Kenny The Pirate site’s
http://kennythepirate.com/2012/08/08/star-wars-weekends-map-and-character-schedule/
Need to add Dave Filoni:

http://jamesarnoldtaylor.com/jamesarnoldtaylor.com/Clone_Wars_Thoughts.html

According to a poster on another board, Chip and Dale will be meeting in Ewok costumes!

That would be awesome!! I was hoping last year the would have Darth Maul Donald since he was the main character on the merchandise but it didn't happen.
I guess it's easier to have Chip and Dale in ewok costumes than having Donald's face all painted red and black

According to a poster on another board, Chip and Dale will be meeting in Ewok costumes!

That would be awesome!! I was hoping last year the would have Darth Maul Donald since he was the main character on the merchandise but it didn't happen.
I guess it's easier to have Chip and Dale in ewok costumes than having Donald's face all painted red and black

I wonder if they will get their own line or be part of a rotating set? Even though DS is going to be 10, I know that is a line we will end up waiting in!!

I hope so! We love Chip and Dale!

But I have to say if "Duck Maul" makes an appearance it would be even better!!!pixiedust:

Question do the stormtroopers get on top of the hollywood entrance each morning at opening or just on the first day of the the kick off for the star wars weekends. My husband was there like 5 years ago and said that is how they started the day he was there, we will be there for 2 weekends this year

Cshel85 said:
Question do the stormtroopers get on top of the hollywood entrance each morning at opening or just on the first day of the the kick off for the star wars weekends. My husband was there like 5 years ago and said that is how they started the day he was there, we will be there for 2 weekends this year

They're there every morning during the weekends, they start 15 minutes before park opening and stay on the roof for about 1 hour

i was thinking about going to this may the 4th thing this weekend but it seems to me like its just a preview for star wars weekends

heyitsmejosh said:
i was thinking about going to this may the 4th thing this weekend but it seems to me like its just a preview for star wars weekends

The best thing wil be seeing adults doing JTA, the special merchandise, and the fireworks... Now this rain might be in play for JTA and the characters coming out

The best thing wil be seeing adults doing JTA, the special merchandise, and the fireworks... Now this rain might be in play for JTA and the characters coming out

yeah but they might let the adults do JTA in a couple weeks we dont know yet.. this might just be there way of trying it out.. the characters riding on star tours could be fun but again they might do that in a couple weeks as well.. the only thing that might truely be exclusive is the fireworks and the weather will factor into that... honestly if it rains im more likely to go since most people will stay home

yeah but they might let the adults do JTA in a couple weeks we dont know yet.. this might just be there way of trying it out.. the characters riding on star tours could be fun but again they might do that in a couple weeks as well.. the only thing that might truely be exclusive is the fireworks and the weather will factor into that... honestly if it rains im more likely to go since most people will stay home

I doubt it. There's plenty of demand on SWW from just the kids, and I can't see them cutting back on the kids.

heyitsmejosh said:

Sw characters ride on Star Toyrs during sww, I've seen and have been on with the Cantina Band. It usually happens in the late afternoon. They come out off the sounds dangerous building, walk toward st, and grab the hands of some people that are clearly getting in line to ride, then they walk up the wheelchair ramp with you and ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter