Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very talented quilter! I don't think I could do that. I could handle an iron-on though. :thumbsup2 I may try the pillowcase trick. Did you take a 5" hoop and move it around for the characters? Did you back it with anything, like maybe a clipboard?

Yes, used a 5" hoop and moved it around. I have a 4" also but found the 5" easier for when you meet multiple characters at once. takes a min to move it so the bigger one allows room for more than one signature if needed.

WOW, WOW, WOW... HOLY SMOKES THAT IS SO BLESSED AWESOME! Never seen anything like it, what a wonderful gift, your Mom did super! VERY magical :wizard:

Thanks, It was a team effort but my mother is definitely very talented and did do an awesome job. She is actually in the photo with darth maul and will also be joining us on our next sww trip again. This thread is getting me excited again.

AWESOME quilt!!

I was thinking we'd be able to go autograph bookless this year, but apparently not!! Although I'm a lazy mom and just do plain books. Nothing fancy. :)

Who is the signature, bottom left under Pluto and Storm trooper? That's the one I can't figure out!

AWESOME quilt!!

I was thinking we'd be able to go autograph bookless this year, but apparently not!! Although I'm a lazy mom and just do plain books. Nothing fancy. :)

Who is the signature, bottom left under Pluto and Storm trooper? That's the one I can't figure out!

It looks like Stitch...We have a Star Wars calendar from 2005 and that's where we've been collecting celebrity autographs.

This thread is getting me excited again.

:woohoo: This thread always gets me HYPED! :woohoo:

I was pestering Yulilin at the end of SWW 2014 planning thread, asking her when 2015 would start.

I swear as soon as I left SWW 2014 trip I was planning for 2015!
In addition I love the helpful people on this thread, the team community of helping each other get our SWW Disney Dreams into reality makes this thread unlike any other I have been a part of.
Everyone wants everyone else to succeed and have fun... :hug:

And there is no better way to have fun than mixing Star Wars, Disney and fantastic people in one place!

When I am having a tough day at work and wanna be cheered up, just reading this planning thread brightens my day!

I know I sounds over the top right!?!?

I might be, but so is this great bunch of people and that magical place in Orlando that gets an extra sprinkling of Star Wars pixie dust gets me giddy! AND we will not talk about how old this kid is :P

I know, I'm gushing, I can't help it... been accused of being blatantly honest to the point of insanity a time or two :blush:

I have so much fun with this thread every year. Love helping everyone plan their day and love even more when they come back with a positive trip report. And I am always very proud that our thread never gets negative people just looking for a fight or some dumb argument.

This is our first SWW too! We are so excited! :cool1: DS 6 has recently found Star Wars and loves it! :love: I was happy because I love it too! Really looking forward to this trip! :woohoo: Does anyone know if Chewbacca signs? DS is really looking forward to meeting him, Chewy is his favorite (besides R2D2). Can hardly wait until June 12th!

We will be the for the first SWW the second week. We are really looking forward to it. We will be there for our daughter's birthday, we are planning dinner at H & V and want to set up the premium package. Does anyone have thoughts when that might open up.

This is our first SWW too! We are so excited! :cool1: DS 6 has recently found Star Wars and loves it! :love: I was happy because I love it too! Really looking forward to this trip! :woohoo: Does anyone know if Chewbacca signs? DS is really looking forward to meeting him, Chewy is his favorite (besides R2D2). Can hardly wait until June 12th!
Yes Chewabacca signs. if you want to minimize wait times be there as soon as the park opens and go straight to get in his line. For the last couple of years he's been coming out at 8am

We will be the for the first SWW the second week. We are really looking forward to it. We will be there for our daughter's birthday, we are planning dinner at H & V and want to set up the premium package. Does anyone have thoughts when that might open up.
No clue, I call Disney dinning almost every day and getting the same answer "nothing shows up for the Feel the Force package, not sure if there will be one and don't know when it would open up if it does"

:woohoo: This thread always gets me HYPED! :woohoo:

I was pestering Yulilin at the end of SWW 2014 planning thread, asking her when 2015 would start.

I swear as soon as I left SWW 2014 trip I was planning for 2015!
In addition I love the helpful people on this thread, the team community of helping each other get our SWW Disney Dreams into reality makes this thread unlike any other I have been a part of.
Everyone wants everyone else to succeed and have fun... :hug:

And there is no better way to have fun than mixing Star Wars, Disney and fantastic people in one place!

When I am having a tough day at work and wanna be cheered up, just reading this planning thread brightens my day!

I know I sounds over the top right!?!?

I might be, but so is this great bunch of people and that magical place in Orlando that gets an extra sprinkling of Star Wars pixie dust gets me giddy! AND we will not talk about how old this kid is :P

I know, I'm gushing, I can't help it... been accused of being blatantly honest to the point of insanity a time or two :blush:

Yesterday we went to DHS to bid farewell to the hat and prove to ds that Oaken's store and snowground were closed. As soon as we saw all the plants blocking the area, we all kind of switched from Frozen mode to SWW mode. We are excited and have begun thinking about costuming for ds.

I have so much fun with this thread every year. Love helping everyone plan their day and love even more when they come back with a positive trip report. And I am always very proud that our thread never gets negative people just looking for a fight or some dumb argument.

It's been a great bunch of people every year. Even in queue and around the park, Star Wars fans are particularly helpful.

On another note, I finally got some images loaded of the quilt my mother made for my son. We got all the signatures from our last SWW trip in may. I created the picture collage from our photopass pictures and had it printed out on fabric for the center panel, my mother did the rest and gave it to him for christmas. I am extremely pleased with how it turned out. What do you all think?\

16176152282_77560d4b8c_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_4678 by artax1977, on Flickr[/IMG]

I guess I forgot to load up with lower right corner. But you get the idea.

I know I am sooo late but I still wanted to reply.... THAT is an awesome quilt! :thumbsup2 Everything about it is great. Haha back to the thread as it were. :laughing:

Yesterday we went to DHS to bid farewell to the hat and prove to ds that Oaken's store and snowground were closed. As soon as we saw all the plants blocking the area, we all kind of switched from Frozen mode to SWW mode. We are excited and have begun thinking about costuming for ds.

I told my friend who is coming down there to run this week that the Hat was leaving, he was surprised and hadn't heard. I teased him that he needed to step up his Disney Knowledge :)

He runs the January Marathons every year down there. This year he is crazy enough to do all 4, it will be his second year so he will be come a Perfect Dopey!

I never did get to see any of the Oaken Store or snowground, so I am going to :blush: at my lack of knowledge when I ask has it moved already? I was hoping they will build the one area before tearing now the first.

I can hardly contain myself.

98 days till I fly out to Anaheim for SW Celebration and stay at Disneyland (haven't been there since the 80s and my boyfriend has never been)! In the 80s there were no on site hotels/resorts, we are staying a Paradise Pier (anyone ever stay there?) it's the closest resort to the convention center where SW Celebration is being held.

127 days till I leave for WDW SWW (going to be driving cause of 501st costuming gear so I will be leaving on Wednesday and arriving at AKL on Thursday)!

I can not believe how quick things are moving, seems like just a few weeks ago I was pestering poor Yulilin about when the thread would open for 2015 planning :P (Yes, Sunshine is Pest! :rotfl: )

Now I am on :hyper: Pins and Needles :hyper: I figure the will announce the host of SWW 2015 any day now :)

I told my friend who is coming down there to run this week that the Hat was leaving, he was surprised and hadn't heard. I teased him that he needed to step up his Disney Knowledge :)

He runs the January Marathons every year down there. This year he is crazy enough to do all 4, it will be his second year so he will be come a Perfect Dopey!

I never did get to see any of the Oaken Store or snowground, so I am going to :blush: at my lack of knowledge when I ask has it moved already? I was hoping they will build the one area before tearing now the first.

There is so much excitement for the run this week! He'll have a blast.

Sunday was the last day opened. It's been closed down. Plants placed in front of all the entrances.

The snowground had moved from Darth's Mall to the Backlot Tour AFI building, and even now that is closed as of yesterday.

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

There is so much excitement for the run this week! He'll have a blast.

Sunday was the last day opened. It's been closed down. Plants placed in front of all the entrances.

The snowground had moved from Darth's Mall to the Backlot Tour AFI building, and even now that is closed as of yesterday.

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

Gotchya, are there any plans at all of having a new setup somewhere, for some reason I thought they were going to move it, not just close it. How much of the "Frozen" themed stuff is going to stay/reopen?

I'm really excited for all this and you guys are helping me get more excited!

This is our first SWW :goodvibes

Here's DH & I at Star Tours a few years ago:
luke-leia.jpg

Gotchya, are there any plans at all of having a new setup somewhere, for some reason I thought they were going to move it, not just close it. How much of the "Frozen" themed stuff is going to stay/reopen?

You are so lucky/blessed to be able to do both Celebration and SWW. We had a blast 2012 when we did both! It was so nice to have them so close to together. We continued in Star Wars mode right from the one to the other. Big let down once it was all over though.

The only Frozen left at DHS is the sing-along. There are two stores that absorbed a good amount of the Frozen merchandise.

Yesterday, the cupcakes were still at the CS, but I expect them to go.

Maybe Starrring Rolls and/or Writer's Stop might carry some kind of Frozen themed treat from time to time?

Is there a list somewhere that tells who signs and who doesn't? Or do all of them sign autographs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter