Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I am not all that familiar with the layout of DHS and I'm wondering if there is a map available with the location of all the SWW events and characters? Thanks.

I'm hedging my bet with RH ressies for a Monday and Sunday the last week. Kids have no idea we have RH or Galactic Breakfast scheduled.

Any updates on characterpalozza? Is it totally random with no trend now?
Palooza is still a daily occurrence in random places. It's converted back to being truly "surprise" meets with the characters. The best bet is that Palooza won't be located on Streets of America during SWWs because that's where the SW characters and crowds are located.

We met Cody and Rex together. They are the last meet at the blister pack of the night. I think we got in line around 7:30pm, they both came out together. This week we are in the hunt for Shaak Tii, Windu and Fisto

We saw them plus Anakin all out together for a few families on Sunday late afternoon. I trid to snap a pic of all 4 but Shaak Tii was just leaving as I got there. I managed to snap a semi decent pic of the 3 before the photog got rude with me and wanted me to back up to some invisible line behind her. She wont make it through SWW without a meltdown, if people trying to snap a pic of characters (without other ppls kids in the pics) gets to her. :headache::rolleyes:

http://instagram.com/p/21lmEXnizW/

If anyone is any good with computer stuff (see how educated in that sort of thing I am?) and can mark a map I could tell you the locations for all the characters...for now I'll just write them down:
Chewbacca and Ewok: across from Star Tours by the speeder bike
Queen Amidala: between ABC Sound Studio and the Restrooms
Disney SW Pals(morning, early afternoon) Luke, Leia and R2D2(after 4pm): Between exit to GMR and ABC Commissary
Chipwoks: Next to One Man's Dream
Jedi Council: Between One Man's Dream and TSMM
The Fetts: by the coke bottle/ backlot area
Darth Vader: by the old entrance to Backlot Tour
Darth Maul: between the exit to Darth's Mall and Studio catering Co. By the Splash fountain
Clone Wars Blister Pack: End of Streets of America behind the Prop Shop store

We saw them plus Anakin all out together for a few families on Sunday late afternoon. I trid to snap a pic of all 4 but Shaak Tii was just leaving as I got there. I managed to snap a semi decent pic of the 3 before the photog got rude with me and wanted me to back up to some invisible line behind her. She wont make it through SWW without a meltdown, if people trying to snap a pic of characters (without other ppls kids in the pics) gets to her. :headache::rolleyes:

http://instagram.com/p/21lmEXnizW/
there are many, many nice CM working the event. But there are 2 that get on my nerves, and they have worked there for a long time. One is a petite, red haired girl that takes care of the roaming characters around Backlot and the other is a blonde guy that works with Luke and Leia. Both are snippy, rude and seem like they are all bored with the whole thing

If anyone is any good with computer stuff (see how educated in that sort of thing I am?) and can mark a map I could tell you the locations for all the characters...for now I'll just write them down:
Disney SW Pals(morning, early afternoon) Luke, Leia and R2D2(after 4pm): Between exit to GMR and ABC Commissary
Darth Maul: between the exit to Darth's Mall and Studio catering Co. By the Splash fountain

This is awesome - thank you for this and the map!!! One more question - what's a blister pack?

I have a question. So me and my wife are going to together, just the two of us. I will plan on riding a good amount of things, and am trying to get my wife to ride stuff as well. I was planning on bringing a backpack to carry things in. If we both decide to ride different rides is there somewhere to put the bags or am I just out of luck.

Like yulilin said, you can bring your bags, but for some rides it might make it difficult to hold onto (My bag always flew up in ToT).

This is awesome - thank you for this and the map!!! One more question - what's a blister pack?
the set for the Clone Wars characters, looks like an action figure package
11295639_10206893175313681_6064251841457123828_n.jpg

I can do this now. It might take a few minutes.

:) have you done the penny on your lap experiment on ToT? place it on your lap just before the drop and see it float

It kind of happened that way - only it was to the side (I was on an aisle) and I didn't want to loose it and I thought I'd be slapped in the face. The next time I went to HS, I made sure everything could just fit in my pocket without a bag.

Where will the force awakens be playing in WDW? We are visiting December 20 - 26th and probably will not get a chance to see the movie before we travel. Would you recommend trying to watch it before we travel or spend the 3 or so hours while on vacation to see it?

Where will the force awakens be playing in WDW? We are visiting December 20 - 26th and probably will not get a chance to see the movie before we travel. Would you recommend trying to watch it before we travel or spend the 3 or so hours while on vacation to see it?
Both :D
It'll be playing at Downtown Disney at the AMC theater

I'm loving the Tervis. To me it's not kid sized. I use that size for hot tea. I have the same size from the Disney Cruise.

That's great to hear. I was disappointed if it was kid-sized. The standard tumblers aren't very large, but I love them for drinks at home. They are a practical souvenir that brighten my day when I use them!

I know! That's why I was asking - I'm trying to figure out a plan of attack for the characters I have left to meet and they're mostly afternoon characters - Luke, Leia, Mace Windu, Ahsoka, Ventress, Rex, and Cody. For the morning, I just have Vader and Amidala left. And Wicket, but he's harder to find.
Sometimes you will luck out and get some of the characters meeting together which is really great. We had Ventress and Cody and then another time Ahsoka and Cody. We also met Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti together. I used MDE and Kenny's app for character meeting times. Generally we hopped into the line about 30 minutes before our 'target' character came out. Keep in mind the Jedi a Council line moved very slowly. Also Ahsoka is very popular and tends to interact a lot. So if she is the character meeting before the one you want you may want to line up a bit earlier.

Last edited:
What all do you get when you check in for the Premium FtF package? Thanks in advance! Also, anyone figure out if the headshots in the deluxe package are authentic signatures or copied? Authentic/sharpie should have a purplish sheen when viewed at an angle if that helps.. TY!!

What all do you get when you check in for the Premium FtF package? Thanks in advance! Also, anyone figure out if the headshots in the deluxe package are authentic signatures or copied? Authentic/sharpie should have a purplish sheen when viewed at an angle if that helps.. TY!!
they autograph that you receive are copies.

Its been so much fun hearing about all your experiences!! If wanting to visit Darth's mall, is rope drop a good time to go for smaller lines?

I will be cancelling an ADR for Jedi Mickey on 5/30 at 7pm for 3 people. Please PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter