Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

Can someone who has run the 10K (or half?) before tell me how the corral placement works? I put husband and I at the 12-13 minute group as that's where he's at, but i may be a little slower. I figure this may give me a little extra time with the sweepers should I get tired? I am probably at a 14 minute mile, but may be better with training since it's 9 months away.

I am registering myself for the 1/2 and the 5K. Can I do that at the same time - as in check both boxes at the same time? (hope that makes sense) I am trying to register my DD for the 5K as well. We both have Active accounts.

Last year, I was able to register for the 1/2 with no problem because of the PDC. That evening, after a frustrating day for my DD and me not available, I was able to register us both for the 5K - logging in separately for both of us. This year I am registering us for the 3 races at one time. I am registering me for the 1/2 first and if I can register me for the 5K at the same time, that would be best. If not, then I will register me for the 1/2 first, my DD for the 5K second, and me for the 5K last. Weird, but, if I can't do my races simultaneously and the 5K sells out before I get registered, I am not too worried. My DD can handle it on her own if I can be at there someplace to cheer her on.

Redemption - here I come!
I believe you still have to do each race individually. If you can do more at once, I haven't figured it out and that's how I registered last week during AP ~ the PDC and then the 5k. When ordering pins, I have hit the back button to go back and add more pins and it's been all added as one when I check out, just haven't tried that w/ reg. Also, there have been changes this year for reg. If you DD is under 18, you can reg her w/ your Active account and not have to switch account, but if she is over 18, you'll have to reg her through her own.

Can someone who has run the 10K (or half?) before tell me how the corral placement works? I put husband and I at the 12-13 minute group as that's where he's at, but i may be a little slower. I figure this may give me a little extra time with the sweepers should I get tired? I am probably at a 14 minute mile, but may be better with training since it's 9 months away.

There are less corrals for the 10k than the 1/2, so you might be in the last or next to last corral even w/ the 12-13 min submission. The 10k went A-E and the 1/2 was A-G. To give yourself some extra cushion try to get as close to the front of the corrals, time starts when the last person crosses. But being at 14 min right now and still a ton of time to train, you'll be good come race day.

Thanks Kim for that information. My DD is over 18 and she has her own Active account. I will have my cousin helping to register us, so, I will put him onto the 5K races if I get into the 1/2 first. I am so nervous about this registration.

Thanks again!

Great advice, Kim. I'll try to hover towards the front of whatever section we're in. I know our pace will improve with our preparation. We start training during the Disneyland 5K run - using that as our base for Couch210k :)

Who else is a non-AP who is anxious for the free for all that is general registration tomorrow?! Good luck to everyone hoping to get in, and extra good luck to those of us hoping to keep our Legacy status in-tact for a 5th running of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon!

Just remember registration is at 9am PST tomorrow morning. And here are the registration tips that RunDisney posted on Facebook the other day (click image to go to their FB page):

Who else is a non-AP who is anxious for the free for all that is general registration tomorrow?! Good luck to everyone hoping to get in, and extra good luck to those of us hoping to keep our Legacy status in-tact for a 5th running of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon!

Just remember registration is at 9am PST tomorrow morning. And here are the registration tips that RunDisney posted on Facebook the other day (click image to go to their FB page):

Thanks, Jessica! BFF registered with Active.com during our lunch today. We should be good to go tomorrow!!

anxiously waiting for noon, EST, so I can get myself , my sister and daughter registered for the 10K for the first time. I'm so nervous we won't get in. anyone want to give hints on the best way to do this?

anxiously waiting for noon, EST, so I can get myself , my sister and daughter registered for the 10K for the first time. I'm so nervous we won't get in. anyone want to give hints on the best way to do this?

Just be online at the rundisney page ready to go and refreshing at least 5 minutes before it starts and you should get in no problem. Be logged in to your active account already also as that will speed things up too!

Good Luck everyone!

Registration is officially open, and I am officially in to keep the streak live. 5 for 5!

Good luck to everyone, and remember to post when you get yourself registered and we'll add you to the runner list.

Yippie I am in for the Half Marathon - this will be my second time doing Tinkerbell!

woohoo, got myself, my daughter and my sister registered for the 10K, this will be our first RunDisney race. THen my firend and her husband are registered for the pixie dust challenge and the 1/2.

Wish I could make this to this one, I ran this one last year and loved it. But I am doing the Star Wars 10K in January, and getting married in May so I won't have much PTO to spare. Good luck to everyone running :)

Wish I could make this to this one, I ran this one last year and loved it. But I am doing the Star Wars 10K in January, and getting married in May so I won't have much PTO to spare. Good luck to everyone running :)
I think if you're going to miss the Tinker Bell weekend, that's a pretty darn good reason. Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter