• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

D&B prices were released but no picture yet!! fingers crossed for soon!
Hopefully I won't like the print b/c I already have a DL D&B and got one of the Harvey wallets for the 60th and don't need another purse. :rotfl:I've been lucky race wise so far and haven't seen a design I like, but for the 5th, maybe it'll be a good one.

Where is everyone carbo loading on Friday night? We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Last time we waited too long to make reservations. I think we ended up waiting two hours for a seat at the bar of Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria. They had a Tink dinner special, so that was cool. I'm thinking of making reservations there this time!

Saturday night we have reservations at Rainforest Cafe for dinner. I figure I'll go with the pizza or a wrap or something along those lines.

Where is everyone carbo loading on Friday night? We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Last time we waited too long to make reservations. I think we ended up waiting two hours for a seat at the bar of Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria. They had a Tink dinner special, so that was cool. I'm thinking of making reservations there this time!

We are likely going to the Boardwalk Pizza in California Adventure for the chicken/pasta dish. It's quick service and $9.99.

Patty found the Tink course on the USATF website and posted it on her blog. Looks like we'll be finishing at DLH like the other races now, a little less park time, no DTD ( :( ) we go through PPH parking lot to Walnut (more time there) and do the DTD service road too, but we knew SW Land would throw some kinks into the course. Looks pretty much the same outside of the parks though.

http://noguiltlife.com/course-change-for-2016-tinker-bell-half/

Patty found the Tink course on the USATF website and posted it on her blog. Looks like we'll be finishing at DLH like the other races now, a little less park time, no DTD ( :( ) we go through PPH parking lot to Walnut (more time there) and do the DTD service road too, but we knew SW Land would throw some kinks into the course. Looks pretty much the same outside of the parks though.

thank you!!!!

Thanks for breaking it down. I'm no good at figuring out what changed. Bummed about the new finish area (as I'll be at Stovalls so a longer walk back) and less park time, and no DTD. But its still a decent amount of park time and its Tink so it will be a blast!

Any specifics of the discounts runners will be getting in the parks for Restaurants?

Not in the parks, but some restaurants in DTD give discounts. They usually have a list in the program, but the one I know for sure is ESPN Zone, they give you 15%.

Thanks for breaking it down. I'm no good at figuring out what changed. Bummed about the new finish area (as I'll be at Stovalls so a longer walk back) and less park time, and no DTD. But its still a decent amount of park time and its Tink so it will be a blast!

I was thinking that too ~ man, now it's a longer walk back! :rotfl2:

love the print -- it would be great for my work laptop bag! I don't want to pre-order though -- i have seen the D&B pick up booth, do they sell out? Can I buy at the expo? I don't want to pay active fees and I have an AP so I know I can get a discount, the buy now and refund to get AP discount doesn't work for me b/c I have to factor in the Canada dollar exchange rate

love the print -- it would be great for my work laptop bag! I don't want to pre-order though -- i have seen the D&B pick up booth, do they sell out? Can I buy at the expo? I don't want to pay active fees and I have an AP so I know I can get a discount, the buy now and refund to get AP discount doesn't work for me b/c I have to factor in the Canada dollar exchange rate

1 - You can purchase via active, then return, and repurchase for a discount --- but you're out the cost of active fees
2 - You can risk going to the booth at packet pick up and hope there are some there

every time I've gone to a race they've had a slew of them and plenty to go around (downstairs). I'm debating just waiting at the expo and seeing if it's "meant to be" so I can get the passholder discount.

1 - You can purchase via active, then return, and repurchase for a discount --- but you're out the cost of active fees

yeah -- i can't do this....it won't refund back to my credit card at the same exchange rate if I were to buy today, it would be a gamble b/c I could end up paying so much more!
I don't even apply for the AP discount on the pins or bundles I pre-buy after I have picked up b/c it isn't worth it

Hi everyone. My sister and I are doing the 10K (which we have never done before!) and we are very excited for it. Question for anyone...I just got an email from rundisney that has the event guide to download, but I keep getting error messages that it failed to load the pdf document. I also went to the website and get the same result. Has anyone been able to download the event guide? Since this is our first rundisney event, I have no idea what I am doing and would love to get that information!

Hi everyone. My sister and I are doing the 10K (which we have never done before!) and we are very excited for it. Question for anyone...I just got an email from rundisney that has the event guide to download, but I keep getting error messages that it failed to load the pdf document. I also went to the website and get the same result. Has anyone been able to download the event guide? Since this is our first rundisney event, I have no idea what I am doing and would love to get that information!
My friend who lives in AZ got hers last night, I still haven't gotten an email yet...I'm doing the 10K too! It should be an awesome time :) I do know that if you keep having issues the people at runDisney are some of the best customer service-oriented people I've ever talked to!

My friend who lives in AZ got hers last night, I still haven't gotten an email yet...I'm doing the 10K too! It should be an awesome time :) I do know that if you keep having issues the people at runDisney are some of the best customer service-oriented people I've ever talked to!

Thank you...my sister has not received her email either. I wasn't sure if she had somehow blocked disney emails or not, but at least she is not the only one. I did send an email to rundisney so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. Cannot wait...we have our costumes done and have worked up to 6 miles so we should be good to go now!

Thank you...my sister has not received her email either. I wasn't sure if she had somehow blocked disney emails or not, but at least she is not the only one. I did send an email to rundisney so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. Cannot wait...we have our costumes done and have worked up to 6 miles so we should be good to go now!

On facebook a lot of people were saying they couldn't open the link either but I didn't have any problems. Try clearing out your cookies or maybe using a different browser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter