***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

A CM will be able to ride only if they win a spot and the CM's guest has to be a CM.

Lol....guess that rules me out. Not that I would condone giving your kid to a complete stranger to go ride a rollercoaster, but that might have been one time I would have made an exception for daughter:P.

Finally, it's out that there will be no previews or soft opening for day guests. It was known months ago and it's surprising that it didn't leak out.

Thanks for the official word, though I suspected that was going to be the case for a while. Kind of disappointing everything ran behind and we missed out. However, we'll catch it next trip. Still excited for my youngest nephew's first trip ever!

Thanks for the official word, though I suspected that was going to be the case for a while. Kind of disappointing everything ran behind and we missed out. However, we'll catch it next trip. Still excited for my youngest nephew's first trip ever!
If it's any consolation, and if the selection process is anything like it was for Pandora, the vast majority of CMs will not ride SDD during the tests.

A question for @FastPasser. — after the CMs get to ride next week, will they be allowed to answer the burning question “how fast is SDD?” in public forums such as this? Just wondering how it will compare to Barnstormer and SDMT in terms of maximum speed attained (not in duration of ride). TIA!

Finally, it's out that there will be no previews or soft opening for day guests. It was known months ago and it's surprising that it didn't leak out.
It has been stated somewhere, formally, that there would be no public previews. I have read it, thought I can't recall precisely where. May well not even been on this site. Since it wasn't an official announcement of any sort and the announcement was from someone who is, similar to you, someone known to be a CM of some level, but "nameless and faceless" I guess it was more or less leaked. I think it was just done so flippantly many missed it. What I read was a few months back, I'd never find it now, mostly because I don't recall where I saw it

It has been stated somewhere, formally, that there would be no public previews. I have read it, thought I can't recall precisely where. May well not even been on this site. Since it wasn't an official announcement of any sort and the announcement was from someone who is, similar to you, someone known to be a CM of some level, but "nameless and faceless" I guess it was more or less leaked. I think it was just done so flippantly many missed it. What I read was a few months back, I'd never find it now, mostly because I don't recall where I saw it
And it certainly has been assumed there wouldn't be any previews or really any soft openings. Its still very much a work in progress and will be a race to the finish.

If it's any consolation, and if the selection process is anything like it was for Pandora, the vast majority of CMs will not ride SDD during the tests.

Lol that makes me feel better. Actually I don't care at all that I am missing it. These rides look ok but once people started talking about SDD in terms of Barnstormer I lost interest. The young kids might like it, but since they are good with RnR and EE, I'm guessing even they would be underwhelmed. But now the Millenium Falcon (MF?) and First Order Battle (FOB?), we are all ready for that!!

after the CMs get to ride next week, will they be allowed to answer the burning question “how fast is SDD?” in public forums such as this? Just wondering how it will compare to Barnstormer and SDMT in terms of maximum speed attained
Allowed to answer? Outwardly, probably not. Disney says that "to preserve the magic, photography and video will not be permitted", but you know how that goes? Surely one of the hundreds of CMs selected to ride it will post something about their experience, anonymously of course.
I guess it was more or less leaked. I think it was just done so flippantly many missed it.
I can see that happening. I may have missed it, but I don't recall Disney announcing it officially externally.

And it certainly has been assumed there wouldn't be any previews or really any soft openings. Its still very much a work in progress and will be a race to the finish.

Funny you mention that @rteetz , pretty sure a few of us got a lecture a month or so ago stating it was behind and any previews/soft openings may be an issue. "How can you establish it is behind by looking at the aerials?". It was something like that.:rolleyes:

Funny you mention that @rteetz , pretty sure a few of us got a lecture a month or so ago stating it was behind and any previews/soft openings may be an issue. "How can you establish it is behind by looking at the aerials?". It was something like that.:rolleyes:
I am confused at what you're asking or accusing me of. This land was originally supposed to be ready for Memorial Day weekend much like Pandora even if that wasn't announced by Disney. A few of us are fortunate to have friends on the inside that give us information. I am not establishing anything on aerial images even though those can be used as evidence.

I am confused at what you're asking or accusing me of. This land was originally supposed to be ready for Memorial Day weekend much like Pandora even if that wasn't announced by Disney. A few of us are fortunate to have friends on the inside that give us information. I am not establishing anything on aerial images even though those can be used as evidence.

Lol, obviously that didn't come off like intended. You and I were both stating we thought this land was behind schedule and a few others basically said how could anyone assume that by the aerials. That everything appeared to be right on schedule for the June 30th opening. Think that was around the first of May. I'll look back and try to find the conversation.

Lol, obviously that didn't come off like intended. You and I were both stating we thought this land was behind schedule and a few others basically said how could anyone assume that by the aerials. That everything appeared to be right on schedule for the June 30th opening. Think that was around the first of May. I'll look back and try to find the conversation.
Ok got it. My apologies for misinterpreting your post. Not only from aerials but from people I have talked to there are aspects of this land that are still not done. Media is supposed to be inside in 20 days.

I’m clearly in the tiny tiny minority here, but I’m just not seeing this calamitous “they’re so behind” on TSL from the aerials and pictures we’ve gotten over the last couple of days. It looks close to done to me, with a lot of cosmetic stuff left to do, but that’s the easy part.

I’m sure I’ll be told why I’m wrong :) but everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it’s only May 3, and I think things look right on schedule for June 30 opening.

I agree on the thinking that they aren't as far behind as people are saying.

I am not basing things off of opinions. I have friends who know things regarding progress of this land and other projects at WDW.

Found one exchange at least

Ok got it. My apologies for misinterpreting your post. Not only from aerials but from people I have talked to there are aspects of this land that are still not done. Media is supposed to be inside in 20 days.

No worries, was trying to be funny but obviously didn't work. Yeah I wonder just how finished everything will be at that point. As I said yesterday I have to believe someone (ie contractor) is paying some remedies for this project.

The opening of the APs this month should clearly support the idea it is hurting attendance. Had it been open by Memorial Day this would be a big month.

The opening of the APs this month should clearly support the idea it is hurting attendance this month. Had it been open by Memorial Day this would be a big month.
Attendance projections are definitely down for June. Epcot especially is lower than they want which is why they lifted blackout dates and moved the Donald AP magnet from DHS to Epcot.

Attendance projections are definitely down for June. Epcot especially is lower than they want which is why they lifted blackout dates and moved the Donald AP magnet from DHS to Epcot.

I think removing the Tiers would have a bigger impact at Epcot. I know for us scheduling morning there seems a waste when can only get one decent FP. If you could book even 2/3 of FEA, Soarin, TT it would help. So instead we just go for an evening to eat and hopefully get a 4th FP for one of those. But since they just moved Character Spot up to Tier 1, doubt that is their thinking.

I think removing the Tiers would have a bigger impact at Epcot. I know for us scheduling morning there seems a waste when can only get one decent FP. If you could book even 2/3 of FEA, Soarin, TT it would help. So instead we just go for an evening to eat and hopefully get a 4th FP for one of those. But since they just moved Character Spot up to Tier 1, doubt that is their thinking.
I don't see tiers going away anytime soon. Right now with lower attendance you might not even need them. Frozen has been spotted at lower than 30 minutes as of late during some times.

Found one exchange at least

Yes, but you left out the following posts where @rteetz and I went back and forth and I reiterated that it looked to me like they’d make the June 30th opening, which they are in fact doing and which we agreed on. I mean, it may be a scramble for them to get done but that’s their problem, not mine. I wasn’t talking about them being ready in time for previews, which I wasn’t counting on or worried about.

No big, but why half-rehash a conversation like that?

Yes, but you left out the following posts where @rteetz and I went back and forth and I reiterated that it looked to me like they’d make the June 30th opening, which they are in fact doing and which we agreed on. I mean, it may be a scramble for them to get done but that’s their problem, not mine. I wasn’t talking about them being ready in time for previews, which I wasn’t counting on or worried about.

No big, but why half-rehash a conversation like that?

Just pointing out that not everyone assumed it was behind. I could have quoted every discussion since then about timing, but was trying to find a few to the point.

I get that you don't think previews are important, but hard to argue they wouldn't prefer to have them. If they could have had the land done in time for them they would. It is behind, like it has been for months. But pretty sure some will never accept that fact because Disney never said explicitly when it would open, only "Summer".

Well I am glad to hear an official word of no soft openings..its a bummer but now makes life less stressful and there is always next time! Hopefully TSMM opens up on time on the 19th and we get at least a chance to ride this one :)

Are trip is planned for 9/27-10/9 and I have 2 evenings and one morning at HS to try and do TSL. I am a little worried with the AP and DVC events. Will these days affect crowding does anyone know based on past events like this? Does this mean park hours could change or that TSL will close early/open late to the public? :confused3 I'm pretty much locked in because of hard to get ADR's on several days of vacation as well as Halloween and dessert parties etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter