• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Did they say if it will definitely be open to the public?

I was told no fast passes would be available, but it would be stand by only. So by that I’m assuming it will still be open to the public on that day at least. But, you know what happens when you assume...:sad2:

is this end of night before or after Fantasmic? I honestly hadn't even thought about fact I could try running to it after Fantasmic - I would be willing to leave the show a few minutes early to snag a quick ride on this in April.

That all depends on park closing time and when the show is. They aren't always at the same time. Most of the time we've done it, park close is at 9:00pm. F! is often at 9pm too, especially in the summer because it doesn't get fully dark until then. But don't hold me to that, because the nights we did TSMM at the very end, we didn't pay a ton of attention to what time F! was, since we weren't going to do it anyway. But we've had many times where we walk into the queue for TSMM at 8:50pm and we walk right on. In fact, once we even just went around again, since there was nobody there. TSMM is DWs favorite ride in all of WDW, so we make a point to get on it as often as we can, and this has been a very successful strategy for us. Can't promise that'll happen this time, as the lack of FP+ may change peoples' habits. But I'd definitely give it a shot.

That all depends on park closing time and when the show is. They aren't always at the same time. Most of the time we've done it, park close is at 9:00pm. F! is often at 9pm too, especially in the summer because it doesn't get fully dark until then. But don't hold me to that, because the nights we did TSMM at the very end, we didn't pay a ton of attention to what time F! was, since we weren't going to do it anyway. But we've had many times where we walk into the queue for TSMM at 8:50pm and we walk right on. In fact, once we even just went around again, since there was nobody there. TSMM is DWs favorite ride in all of WDW, so we make a point to get on it as often as we can, and this has been a very successful strategy for us. Can't promise that'll happen this time, as the lack of FP+ may change peoples' habits. But I'd definitely give it a shot.
Your initial strategy sent me to check my FP plans and park info, turns out that particular night F! is at 8:30 and park closes at 9 so FINGERS CROSSED, sprinting shoes on :)

My DH has never seen F! so I want him to since last year I didn't get him on GMR and they closed it before we made it back - still hearing about that as we plan for April.

So long as we get in the queue on time I don't mind waiting a little if it means getting one TSMM ride in this trip. It will be a Saturday night and with everything closing (currently) at 9/930 waiting in line while some of the bus congestion works its way down is fine by me.

Anyone have any predictions on how lines will be once TSM goes to standby only? My family needs to register for Jedi Training at park opening, so no rope drop for us. Any thoughts on strategy for TSM?

Get there early. We were at the tapstiles at 8 and had completed Jedi Training sign up and were back waiting for role drop at 8.50. You won't be at the front of the TSM pack, but it should mean less of a wait than later in the day

I went to book some fastpasses for April 2nd and there are Fastpasses available for TSMM. I didn't select one because I was afraid it was a glitch. Is it back up or maybe only up for Spring Break week?

Is there any information on annual pass holder previews for toy story land? I’ll be there in the middle of June and am crossing my fingers.
No announcement yet. For reference with Pandora, the previews were from May 13 - 22 and registration became available on March 24 without any prior notification.

Not necessarily. That preview might just not include Toy Story Mania as it’s been open since 2008 it’s not really new.
I didn't mean because the ride was new, I just meant since the entrance is in the new part it would make sense for it to be part of the Toy Story land preview. Who knows.

I really hope that TSM does not close completely just prior to the opening of TSL. We will be there June 18-25, and TSM is my husband's fave ride. We can adapt plans around the potential of no FP (just rope drop it), but he'll be seriously bummed if they have to take down the ride completely.

Anyone with 90 FPP booking option able to book TSMM during first days of June??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter