***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I get what they are doing, but I think it is a big mistake to make TSMM, Slinky Dash, and Alien Saucers all Tier 1. Essentially, you are telling people that you are likely only going to be able to get on one of these rides without waiting 2 hours once the land opens. Seems like a bad idea to me personally....

I think it says your odds are good of being able to get one of these even if not at the 60+ day mark. If one of them were Tier 2 many more people would get zero.

exactly - sort of the idea behind tiering in general ... your chances of getting on everything you want are lower but your chances of getting on at least 1 thing you want is much, much higher. Disney wants as many of their guests to get at least one thing they really want (and then to have to come back multiple days to get on everything they want ... thus why Fantasmic! and the Star Wars Fireworks are at roughly the same time)

So glad RnRC is tier 2 now!
Me too! I thought all along that odds were high that they would do the tiers just like they did at AK, with the new land as Tier 1 and everything else as Tier 2 so it hasn't surprised me to see that is what they did.
It's great for us since the only ride we'll want to do is Slinky Dog and probably only do that every so often. We've never cared about doing TSMM and didn't care for Mater when we went to DCA so skipping Alien's won't be a big deal for trips when we don't get in multiple days at HS

Mostly really happy to be able to book RnR, ToT and ST every trip, after we do the once ride on Slinky dog.

I think it made sense to put Toy Story rides at Tier 1.

I think it also makes it easier on people who are not looking to do Toy Story stuff at all or just ok doing it without FP.

I figured this was how the tiers were going to fall, especially since they just did it with AK. Will be interesting to see how the tier system will look when they finish GE. :faint:
Same thoughts I had. There's a different thread about TSL Tiers and in that one I wondered if TSL will be old enough by the time GE opens would they move some of it's rides around? They'll at least have been open long enough to gauge popularity. Saucers may well drop off enough that it can drop down to Tier 2. Or GE may well be so popular they have to develop a new Uber Tier just for it. Who knows

Same thoughts I had. There's a different thread about TSL Tiers and in that one I wondered if TSL will be old enough by the time GE opens would they move some of it's rides around? They'll at least have been open long enough to gauge popularity. Saucers may well drop off enough that it can drop down to Tier 2. Or GE may well be so popular they have to develop a new Uber Tier just for it. Who knows
There is also the new Mickey and Minnie ride meant to be opening I think mid next year. So maybe they will put that in Tier 1 and move the least popular TSL ride to Tier 2 then?
I guess what happens when GE opens will depend if the TSL rides stay at long waits or have dropped off a bit.

There is also the new Mickey and Minnie ride meant to be opening I think mid next year. So maybe they will put that in Tier 1 and move the least popular TSL ride to Tier 2 then?
I guess what happens when GE opens will depend if the TSL rides stay at long waits or have dropped off a bit.

I agree completely. Once Runaway Railway and the Star Wars rides open, they are going to have to find some way to let you pick more than 1 between all of those...

I really wanted Flying Saucers to be Tier 2 but I'm okay with RnRc descending. It'll help a lot for those of us who always had to pick either TSM or RnRC because of family dynamics.

For my upcoming solo trip I planned 3 half days at HS, but I'll probably end up FP Slinky Dog twice and Flying Saucer once and going for TSM at rope drop.

Considering RNRC is the only current HS ride I'll actually ride, that's great news that it was moved to Tier 2! That means I can RD one of the new TSL, FP the other, and do everything I want (at least till SWL).

:dancer:

Nevermind that I'm not sure when I'll be back... but still, great news for any future visits since I doubt they'll move RNRC back to Tier 1 in the next several years.

I get what they are doing, but I think it is a big mistake to make TSMM, Slinky Dash, and Alien Saucers all Tier 1. Essentially, you are telling people that you are likely only going to be able to get on one of these rides without waiting 2 hours once the land opens. Seems like a bad idea to me personally....

Could cause many people to come back for another day and spend more in the park.

Planning a quick trip in October for the Halloween party and we decided to add on a 1 day ticket to DHS for TSL. So its a little bit of a bummer that all 3 will be Tier 1. And my boys will want to do Jedi Training so there goes rope dropping one of the attractions. I had planned on doing DHS on day 3 bc we were going to leave on day 4 but I added a night so I may move DHS to day 4 just to give us a little bit more of a shot to get Slinky. However, my oldest doesn't do coasters so I may end up having to split our FPs for SDD and TSMM or AS2.

At least I have time before I have to figure it all out.

Me too! I thought all along that odds were high that they would do the tiers just like they did at AK, with the new land as Tier 1 and everything else as Tier 2 so it hasn't surprised me to see that is what they did.
It's great for us since the only ride we'll want to do is Slinky Dog and probably only do that every so often. We've never cared about doing TSMM and didn't care for Mater when we went to DCA so skipping Alien's won't be a big deal for trips when we don't get in multiple days at HS

Mostly really happy to be able to book RnR, ToT and ST every trip, after we do the once ride on Slinky dog.

DD12 favorite park is DHS and we’re staying at BWV so I’ve planned 3-4 half days at DHS. Plenty of chances to get FP for each new ride once and we will RD TSMM those days. Then use FP for TSMM the other days. RnRC and ToT are must dos for us. I don’t think the new rides are gonna be that high on our lists but we definitely want to try them and see the new land. I doubt they’ll be must dos every trip or even every time we hit DHS next trip. I see all future FP to be TSMM, RnRC and ToT.

Last edited:
Does anybody remember how the soft openings for AK worked when Avatar opened? We are going to be there the 12-19 of June and that seems to be fairly decent timing for a DVC soft opening. I know they sent out emails to schedule DVC members on different days and you had to book a spot, but were those options available every day for a week? Or just on select days during a couple of week window? How many days did members have to choose from? Our FP day opens on next Friday and i was just hoping to have all our days nailed down by that point but didn't know if i might have to totally switch everything (ADRs and FPs) around to different days if they only offer a soft opening on one day of our trip.....

Does anybody remember how the soft openings for AK worked when Avatar opened? We are going to be there the 12-19 of June and that seems to be fairly decent timing for a DVC soft opening. I know they sent out emails to schedule DVC members on different days and you had to book a spot, but were those options available every day for a week? Or just on select days during a couple of week window? How many days did members have to choose from? Our FP day opens on next Friday and i was just hoping to have all our days nailed down by that point but didn't know if i might have to totally switch everything (ADRs and FPs) around to different days if they only offer a soft opening on one day of our trip.....
It was announced in advance and DVC and AP were able to sign up. DVC was given one time slot and AP was given a few a day. It was something like a 2-3 week period of soft openings. With that said its not seeming incredibly likely that everything will operate the same here but I could be wrong with that. We likely won't know much more by next Friday.

It was announced in advance and DVC and AP were able to sign up. DVC was given one time slot and AP was given a few a day. It was something like a 2-3 week period of soft openings. With that said its not seeming incredibly likely that everything will operate the same here but I could be wrong with that. We likely won't know much more by next Friday.

So, DVC only had one slot on one day? or had one slot several days? My mom has an AP but only AP holders can come in during those, right? But during DVC, the whole travel party was welcome?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter