• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

With each passing day I'm starting to think that too. I'm sure nobody will publicly admit it (like ever) but the lost time in construction has to be a big disappointment for Disney. Can't imagine how much additional revenue could have been generated in June had it opened Memorial Day weekend as originally scheduled.

No idea about whether previews will happen or not, but there was never anything released about Memorial Day that we heard about here. It was “this summer” which some of us hoped meant Memorial Day but wasn’t. Unless something internally?

With each passing day I'm starting to think that too. I'm sure nobody will publicly admit it (like ever) but the lost time in construction has to be a big disappointment for Disney. Can't imagine how much additional revenue could have been generated in June had it opened Memorial Day weekend as originally scheduled.

It was all speculation due to the Pandora opening date.

So they showed the slinky ride... and pretty much nothing else.

I was hoping the new videos would prove me wrong about this land. When Tim Allen was talking about the "details" in the land I got excited. And then they proceeded to show virtually none of them.

No idea about whether previews will happen or not, but there was never anything released about Memorial Day that we heard about here. It was “this summer” which some of us hoped meant Memorial Day but wasn’t. Unless something internally?

No nothing official but it was widely speculated that was the target after success of Pandora. Then several reports came out later about the issue with AS2 roof that caused significant delays. So that seems to fit the timeline of late May before the delays. Like I said I'm sure nobody official will ever state it was delayed, but not hard to read between the lines.

All of the videos are really pumping me up! Everything looks amazing (at least what they are showing us). I can't wait. We have fastpasses for 7/4 for SDD. So excited!!!

So they showed the slinky ride... and pretty much nothing else.

I was hoping the new videos would prove me wrong about this land. When Tim Allen was talking about the "details" in the land I got excited. And then they proceeded to show virtually none of them.

I still think all of the details will be amazing - but either they're not actually there yet, or they're there but the area around them still looks a mess and they can't show them yet. I still think it will look fantastic when it's done - it's just nowhere near done yet!

The merch looks pretty much the same. The only new items I saw were slinky dog, buzz bubbles, shirts and pins :rolleyes: The rest you can purchase in the park now.

Can some confirm if there is availability still for July 5th and 6th for SDD and Alien swirling saucers? (We are a party of 4)

My window opens in 2 days, and wish I could just figure out if I need to reconfigure our park days, or if I'll be able to get FPs for these 2 days!

Thank you!

Can some confirm if there is availability still for July 5th and 6th for SDD and Alien swirling saucers? (We are a party of 4)

My window opens in 2 days, and wish I could just figure out if I need to reconfigure our park days, or if I'll be able to get FPs for these 2 days!

Thank you!
this morning I got SDD at 8:30am on July 7 and Alien at 4:50pm on July 2, so I think you should be fine if you aren't set on specific times.

Thank you!
I just checked and saw some availability. I checked SDD on the 5th and Aliens on the 6th because they are the days I have them. I booked yesterday.

Thank you!
My guess is in two days, for slinky, 7/6 should have decent afternoon availability at least. 7/5 is sketchier. Probably just evening if anything. It's already down to 2pm. Aliens should be fine either day.

My guess is in two days, for slinky, 7/6 should have decent afternoon availability at least. 7/5 is sketchier. Probably just evening if anything. It's already down to 2pm. Aliens should be fine either day.

Thanks everyone! rexmism, are you saying at this point on 7/5 there are only fastpasses for 2pm and later?

On The View, they showed the stock pictures we've already seen and TSMM. What? Disappointed!

This is their big publicity push, and they're basically showing nothing. Compare it to Pandora's ABC videos... James Cameron was bursting at the seams with excitement and the brief few seconds I saw (I tried to avoid all I could) made me just 10 times more excited. After seeing it in person I watched all the ABC clips. I showed The View video to my friends who hate Avatar and don't care about Disney World and it made them want to go to Pandora.

But this? Yes the slinky dog coaster exists, we've seen it 200 times dip slowly down its hill. What else are they showing us? Wheezy looks awesome, absolutely. But a fantastic audio-animatronic does not make a land. What else is there in terms of immersion, theme, detail? Is it that they're so far behind schedule... or is there nothing else really noteworthy to show off?

All that being said... if I can get a good s'mores sandwich for breakfast and a good brisket sandwich for lunch at Woody's Toybox... I'll be a happy guy.

This is their big publicity push, and they're basically showing nothing. Compare it to Pandora's ABC videos... James Cameron was bursting at the seams with excitement and the brief few seconds I saw (I tried to avoid all I could) made me just 10 times more excited. After seeing it in person I watched all the ABC clips. I showed The View video to my friends who hate Avatar and don't care about Disney World and it made them want to go to Pandora.

But this? Yes the slinky dog coaster exists, we've seen it 200 times dip slowly down its hill. What else are they showing us? Wheezy looks awesome, absolutely. But a fantastic audio-animatronic does not make a land. What else is there in terms of immersion, theme, detail? Is it that they're so far behind schedule... or is there nothing else really noteworthy to show off?
You have to remember Pandora was finished by this time last year. TSL is not...

Nobody has even been on Slinky yet.

You have to remember Pandora was finished by this time last year. TSL is not...

Nobody has even been on Slinky yet.

Is it normal for Disney to be doing such an advertising blitz less than two months out with so much unfinished?

Is it normal for Disney to be doing such an advertising blitz less than two months out with so much unfinished?
Its not normal to open major lands every year so I can't really say. Disney has always done major marketing movements so they are going to push as hard as they can. The land is behind frankly so maybe they were expecting more to be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter