• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

This is their big publicity push, and they're basically showing nothing. Compare it to Pandora's ABC videos... James Cameron was bursting at the seams with excitement and the brief few seconds I saw (I tried to avoid all I could) made me just 10 times more excited. After seeing it in person I watched all the ABC clips. I showed The View video to my friends who hate Avatar and don't care about Disney World and it made them want to go to Pandora.

But this? Yes the slinky dog coaster exists, we've seen it 200 times dip slowly down its hill. What else are they showing us? Wheezy looks awesome, absolutely. But a fantastic audio-animatronic does not make a land. What else is there in terms of immersion, theme, detail? Is it that they're so far behind schedule... or is there nothing else really noteworthy to show off?

All that being said... if I can get a good s'mores sandwich for breakfast and a good brisket sandwich for lunch at Woody's Toybox... I'll be a happy guy.
I remember some of the Pandora publicity. Disney wasn't on my radar, and I was so intrigued. If I wasn't planning Disney now, I would have thought they were pushing more of R&RC because there was more footage of that ride then of TSL. I was SO excited for SDD, now, now so much. I may use my FP for TSMM.

TBH, I've lowered my expectations for TSL significantly. I strongly suspect SDD will be a one-and-done for us, we'd only bother with ASwS if there was little or no wait, TSM is fine, but not a must-do for my family, and it's hard to imagine the themeing is sooooo amazing, we'll want to just hang around there for hours. Instead of dedicating a day of our trip to DHS, I'm dedicating a few hours and dinner. I don't mean to sound negative; I'm looking forward to seeing TSL! I just don't think it's going to be a game-changer in any way. Pandora taught me that - we love FOP and it's fun to walk through Pandora once in a while, but that's it; I don't feel a burning need to spend time there on the regular.

I was hoping that the Saucers were going to be interactive or something. I was hoping more like Space Ranger Spin. That is a bit of a disappointment.

Its not normal to open major lands every year so I can't really say. Disney has always done major marketing movements so they are going to push as hard as they can. The land is behind frankly so maybe they were expecting more to be done.

@rteetz I get the sense you are concerned about this being open in time, nonetheless any previews. Do you think there is any chance they could delay opening beyond June 30th?

I have been following along the plans/concept art/construction of TSL loosely. I have never expected more than what I saw today, 2 new rides, the snack box dinning option and that's about it. That being said I think what would've elevated this land to another level is to bring a children play area, like honey I shrunk the kids and the boneyard at AK. Even if they have a Dumbo style indoor play area it would be great, kids love those things and this entire land is focused on the younger kids since they are putting so much effort in Galaxy's Edge.
I'm sure I'll enjoy it, something new is always a welcome thing and even though it might not be thrill rides is a good option

No I think they will make the opening. The previews are what is seemingly less likely.

Ok as disappointing as that is for us I think you are probably on target. If they do have previews I would guess they are very abbreviated and maybe CMs only.

Ok as disappointing as that is for us I think you are probably on target. If they do have previews I would guess they are very abbreviated and maybe CMs only.
It could be like the CM previews for FEA. They ran the day before FEA opened to guests and only CMs in their costumes were allowed to ride. They rode through an attraction where animatronics were unclothed and in some instances, had no faces. The timing of the audio still wasn't synced up with the boats...that’s why they were grabbing CMs to ride through.

TSL seems much farther along than FEA and Disney can make opening day even if things seem dire. ;)

That being said I think what would've elevated this land to another level is to bring a children play area, like honey I shrunk the kids and the boneyard at AK.

That would be a perfect addition. My dd5 loves the boneyard.

I have been following along the plans/concept art/construction of TSL loosely. I have never expected more than what I saw today, 2 new rides, the snack box dinning option and that's about it. That being said I think what would've elevated this land to another level is to bring a children play area, like honey I shrunk the kids and the boneyard at AK. Even if they have a Dumbo style indoor play area it would be great, kids love those things and this entire land is focused on the younger kids since they are putting so much effort in Galaxy's Edge.
I'm sure I'll enjoy it, something new is always a welcome thing and even though it might not be thrill rides is a good option

A play area would've been an awesome idea! And so easy to incorporate into this concept! It would definitely fill the void left by the HISTK playground.

I wonder if this is further along than it looks because of the perception-based landscaping? It looks like a grown-up lot, but I think it's intentional.

I am disappointed by Alien Spinning Saucers too, they just look cheesy for lack of a better word. I was worried I would feel like I was missing out if I choose SDD over that when I'm there but I'm good.

I'm sure its geared towards being another ride kiddos can go on as is SDD but it still lacks something. Maybe the mock ups just made it look pretty and magical lol

It could be like the CM previews for FEA. They ran the day before FEA opened to guests and only CMs in their costumes were allowed to ride. They rode through an attraction where animatronics were unclothed and in some instances, had no faces. The timing of the audio still wasn't synced up with the boats...that’s why they were grabbing CMs to ride through.

TSL seems much farther along than FEA and Disney can make opening day even if things seem dire. ;)

Well that still doesn't help me leaving 6/21:teeth:. But if the choice is an incomplete preview like that vs just waiting until next trip I can wait. Living 15 hrs away hard to make a preview thought things were going to line up for this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter