***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Has anyone seen the Mr. Potato head pieces in Toy Story Land? We were so sad last year that they didn't have them anymore and I've been hoping they would bring them back to dhs once Toy Story opened.

Has anyone seen the Mr. Potato head pieces in Toy Story Land? We were so sad last year that they didn't have them anymore and I've been hoping they would bring them back to dhs once Toy Story opened.
You mean the build your own? I believe they still have that at Once Upon a Toy at Disney Springs.

I wonder if TSL will still be crowded in September or if the hype will have died down a little.

I was very impressed with how quick TSM moved us through the queue. I understand that there weren’t any fastpasses today but with the crowds it surprised me.

I wonder if TSL will still be crowded in September or if the hype will have died down a little.

Maybe by September of next year as long as Star Wars is open by then. But I doubt it'll die down much even when Star Wars opens

The popularity of 7dmt (4 years ago), Frozen (2 years ago), and Pandora (1 year) should be good indicator that the new land and rides will be popular for quite some time

It’s funny how things work with boards like this and new things

Announcement = OMG I’m so excited
Build phase = this is not going to be good at all. So disappointing
When you visit = this is so much fun

That’s the general consensus of people who’ve visited so far. Pretty much everybody seem to have enjoyed themselves

Ooh can you take a picture of the crowd please? I think this is so fun and would like to live vicariously through you guys lol

Sorry, only just saw this or I totally would have done!

They opened the turnstiles at 6am and the land is open and ready to go. It was cool to get in then because it was still dark so we got to see it all lit up. Line for SDD posted at 80 minutes and extended to the entrance to the land, but seems to be moving quickly. AS2 is a walk on right now. Quick service has a very short line and food is coming out quickly. Cast Members are so happy and excited right now, and all the guests seem in a good mood (for now at least!)

Merch carts have the Slinky ears, the light up claw cups, the toys, magic bands, and that's it - clothing and pins are at In Character, which is the store by Voyage of the Little Mermaid. They also have the Alien popcorn buckets at the popcorn carts.

Oh and almost everyone has their phones out recording on SDD so there should be PLENTY of ride videos out there already!

Currently showing at 7:20am Alien at 120 min and Slinky at 240.

So a 2 hour wait and a 4 hour wait. Wonder how accurate it is

I'm not out there (even well done Kiddie rides aren't worth this much headache), but friends are, the line for slinky Dog starts around the old Great Movie ride entrance now.

(edit: the physical hold up sign they have at the line start is showing 300 minutes)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter