***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Yeah, people are waiting 4+ hours to ride. I get why they are doing that.
I don't. Maybe for something truly unique, like the SWGE Battle Escape, but not for a family coaster, no matter how well themed.

But full disclosure: I'm local and have an AP, so I can wait until the crowds subside a bit and get a FP+ after the summer blackout ends.

We arrived at HS at 6:15 am went straight to AS2 since that’s the only new attraction our 2 yr old can ride. Rode it and then went to get Rider Swap for Slinky Dog. But we were told we had to wait in the entire queue until we reached the entrance of the attraction to get a Rider Swap. But that’s not how it works for other attractions. I suppose they are doing this for crowd control? It’s just very frustrating. We have a FP for Toy Story Mania tonight. MAybe we will have better luck with Slinky then

Unfortunately it's not just for Toy Story. Rider Swap is supposed to work like this at every attraction. The first group must go through the standby line and then the other party can reenter. One group has to do the wait time. It should be enforced at most attractions.

I don't. Maybe for something truly unique, like the SWGE Battle Escape, but not for a family coaster, no matter how well themed.

But full disclosure: I'm local and have an AP, so I can wait until the crowds subside a bit and get a FP+ after the summer blackout ends.
No, I meant I get why they are telling Rider swap that they have to wait in line until the ride entrance to get the swap.

I also wouldn't wait 4.5 hours for a ride, I don't have the patience.

Unfortunately it's not just for Toy Story. Rider Swap is supposed to work like this at every attraction. The first group must go through the standby line and then the other party can reenter. One group has to do the wait time. It should be enforced at most attractions.

Waiting until you get to the main queue was standard when we were there this past April. I think it was as only an issue on a few rides for us.

We are going at the end of August. We may just skip DHS if the crowds are that crazy. I know it just opened and is to be expected, but it may have to wait for a later trip.

I honestly expect people to try to hide inside HS overnight in an attempt to be first in the land when Galaxy’s Edge opens.

I bet the nuttery that will occur when it opens will be the stuff of legends.

I'm hoping that since Galaxy's Edge opens in DLR first it'll soften the blow once it opens up at DHS a few months later. Aren't they supposed to have the same attractions? The only major difference I'm aware of is the hotel here in Florida, but that's still years away.

I'm hoping that since Galaxy's Edge opens in DLR first it'll soften the blow once it opens up at DHS a few months later. Aren't they supposed to have the same attractions? The only major difference I'm aware of is the hotel here in Florida, but that's still years away.

For the most part though I think people are either DLR people or they are WDW people. I'm very excited for Galaxy's Edge but I'm not going to California for it. Both will be crazy. I look forward to the craziness though and hope to luck out and be there for the opening.

Eh I think the only thing that will soften the blow of the crowds will be if the apocalypse happens before the opening of Galaxy’s Edge lol

I think just it being opening day is a big thing and people came just for that so whether it takes 1 hour of 6, that is what they came for ... and they want to say they rode it on opening day

now, 6 months from now if it is still 5 hours, then that I don't quite get.

We have a FP time of 6:45-7:45 for SDD at the end of July with a reservation for the dessert party at 8:30. Hope wait times are not this bad or we may be late for the dessert party :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter