***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Is it pretty easy to spot the FP line for SDD vs standby or the wait to get into the land itself? When we had a FP for FoP, there was one CM saying we could not go ahead and another one running up saying yes we could go ahead. It was very awkward for a few minutes. I don't want others to think we are cutting!!

Is it pretty easy to spot the FP line for SDD vs standby or the wait to get into the land itself? When we had a FP for FoP, there was one CM saying we could not go ahead and another one running up saying yes we could go ahead. It was very awkward for a few minutes. I don't want others to think we are cutting!!

All FP queue entrances are clearly marked with signage.

Does anyone know if the queue to enter the land has stopped toward the evening or is there still a line to get in the land?

I was hoping to hear if anyone tried the chocolate hazelnut lunch tart. I saw someone ordered the raspberry one but haven't heard about that chocolate one

I was hoping to hear if anyone tried the chocolate hazelnut lunch tart. I saw someone ordered the raspberry one but haven't heard about that chocolate one

I am interested in hearing this as well! It sounds delicious and I love hazelnut...I would eat my own arm if it had nutella on it. I think the s’mores french toast looks good as well!

My quick thoughts on Toy Story Land (I was at the media preview. No I don't write for The DIS and no I'm not saying what outlet I do write for):

-I was ready to see the land itself as a cheap, thrown together project. Other Toy Story areas around the world have gotten this same rep. But the theming is excellent throughout. Lots of details you'll appreciate. Yes, there are nods and easter eggs relating to the films, but that's never a reason on its own to go to a park. You especially have to see it at night, the lighting effects are wonderful.

-The theming is great---anyone calling it Wizarding World-level type of immersion has their Disney fanboy blinders on.

-The attractions are solid. Slinky Dog Dash is a surprisingly entertaining roller coaster, somewhere above Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and well below Big Thunder in terms of intensity. Alien Swirling Saucers is fun as a diversion and at least offers a higher capacity than Tow Mater in DCA. The new queue for Toy Story Mania is quite nice and guests will need that dose of A/C.

-The food was especially good. That raspberry lunch box tart (Disney reps repeatedly told the press "Don't call it a pop tart.") was amazing. Also really loved the Grilled Cheese and BBQ Brisket sandwich.

You know how there's a DVC booth towards the entrance to the land? That space should become a larger Al's Toy Barn. The lack of enclosed retail space in the land is really puzzling.

-Here's the rub: This land isn't meant to be the showstopper, must-see thing in DHS. It's meant to be the "something else" after you go (or can't get into) Galaxy's Edge. For a certain amount of time, it's going to see far longer lines and bigger crowds than the land itself merits, as you'd expect. Once we're in the time period where Slinky Dog sees maybe 45 minute waits and Swirling Saucers is no longer than 30 minutes, it's doing what it was meant to do. That could be YEARS off.

-It won't have the same staying power as Pandora. The rides aren't worth riding again and again with hours-long waits.

-The biggest fault with the land: Lack of shade. Before everyone jumps down my throat, I know trees don't fit with the overall theme--but no one cares about that when they've been standing in uncooled switchbacks with the heat index around 100 degrees.

-It won't have the same staying power as Pandora. The rides aren't worth riding again and again with hours-long waits.

So do you feel that the Pandora rides are worth riding again and again? I think Pandora is pretty cool but once I rode FOP I didn't see a need to ride it again on our last trip. I will ride it on our upcoming trip but only once. You stating that the rides in TSL aren't worth riding again is based on what?

My quick thoughts on Toy Story Land (I was at the media preview. No I don't write for The DIS and no I'm not saying what outlet I do write for):

-The biggest fault with the land: Lack of shade. Before everyone jumps down my throat, I know trees don't fit with the overall theme--but no one cares about that when they've been standing in uncooled switchbacks with the heat index around 100 degrees.
My mom and I were watching youtube vids and both commented on this. Lack of shade and A/C places. For our Aug trips Toy Storyland looks like hell to deal with to be honest.

What is the tie-in with Babybell cheese? I dont recall this as part of the movie ( been a while). My son loves this cheese and we all got a kick out of it when we saw the theming on line.

What is the tie-in with Babybell cheese? I dont recall this as part of the movie ( been a while). My son loves this cheese and we all got a kick out of it when we saw the theming on line.

Not part of the movie. They're just the official sponsor of the land itself.

Day 2 at 7:10 AM and the Disney App lists the wait time for SDD as 105 minutes, AS2 as 10 min, TSM 0 min

So do you feel that the Pandora rides are worth riding again and again? I think Pandora is pretty cool but once I rode FOP I didn't see a need to ride it again on our last trip. I will ride it on our upcoming trip but only once. You stating that the rides in TSL aren't worth riding again is based on what?
As an adult FOP has to be one of the best ride experiences this ride person as ever ridden on. Worth repeating and waiting longer lines on. Havent ridden SDD but I can See once the hype dies Most riders over 10 prefer RnR over SDD. Kinda like the circus area of MK. Barnstormer/ dumbo great for small kids. As an adult or bigger kids seen that done that. TSL iMo seems simlar from the reports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter