Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

liznboys

DIS Veteran
This is the thread for everyone participating in any of the Marathon Weekend 2013 Events: Kids Races, 5K, Half, Full, Goofy and Dopey! Which one(s) are you doing?

After completing 7 half marathons (all at WDW) I am going Goofy! And I really need to register before I chicken out! :rotfl:

I'm definitely doing the marathon, and probably will end up signing up for the goofy. I'm with you - need to register before I chicken out!!!

DH and I will either do Donald or Mickey...haven't decided. We did Chip & Dale this year and really wanted to do that again...was hoping to participate in all them so a little sad we won't get the chance. If we do Mickey it will be our first full, so we will probably go for it!

Come on April! Registering is half the battle! ;) Funny though, I have a hard time comitting 2 hours to go to the movie theatre, but I'm all about the commitment to Goofy..... :confused3 :) So excited!!!!

I ran the 5K and the Half in 2012 so I am going for "Dopey" in 2013! I am going to join all those other WISHers who ran the Goofy in 2012 and do the 5K as a warm-up. W00t!

Donald and Scream Teamin' the Mickey folks! :cool1:

Thanks, Liz, for starting this thread! :flower3:

Thanks for the updates. I have started running again but am not ready for a marathon yet, regardless of how short. Hope to be able to attend one of these.

DH and I are doing the half! We already have our DVC reservation booked so we're just waiting to register! It will be our 2nd Disney race (we did the Wine and Dine half in October 2011) and our 3rd half marathon. Is it bad that I'm really excited already?

I'm in for Goofy this year!! I am so excited to get back to WDW and do a race there.

I couldn't remember from when I booked a couple of years ago, is there a room discount through rundisney for the on-site or is is regular price? I just upgraded my DL AP to a Premier AP too. Do they offer AP discounts for that weekend or no, b/c it's race weekend.

I've been longing for another Disney race since getting home from the Princess a few weeks ago. Another half is definitely doable, but I'm trying to get the nerve up to go for the full. I wouldn't try it for the first time any other place but Disney.

I'm in for the full and 5k, my dad is going Dopey and my mom is doing the 5k. We already booked our room and now we are just waiting for registration to open up:thumbsup2.

Courtney

I am going Goofy. DH is doing 5k and half. DD is doing 5k. FIL is doing half. My running coach (also DH's BFF) is doing Dopey. His wife will do the half. Another friend is doing the 5k. I *think* that covers everyone in our group. We are renting a house this time, and leaving for a cruise on Freedom of the Seas immediately after the marathon. <--------be glad none of you are riding in the car with us!:lmao:

I'm going for the 5K and Half next year. That combo doesn't appear to have any cute character name associated with it... how about Pluto? :)

I'm probably going Dopey in 2013. Insanely enough!
I want to do the 5k with my kids (the youngest will be in a stroller) and I had already decided on the Goofy.
Not sure what my DH is planning. Probably 5k or half.

Amanda

I kind of want to do goofy, but I don't want to commit until I see what kind of shape I'm in after I finish my fall marathon. If I'm not injured, and if the race doesn't sell out, and I can make the trip happen with finances/work...count me :thumbsup2

I'm going to go at least Goofy...maybe, just maybe Dopey. Part of me figures it'll be a once in a life time shot and I might as well go all in. The other part of me thinks it might be a little overkill because I kind of want to do Tinkerbell in 2013 as well. But really, at that point, what's an extra 3.1 miles?

I guess we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter