Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping everyone is doing well.

Trying to go for running 4 days a week with the 8 weeks we have left. Did a 6 mile yesterday, came home with GI issues and had to stop 2 miles into my 8 miler today with the same. Not sure what's going on so hopefully it's just a fluke. Have a 4 miler scheduled for tomorrow but should I tack on the 6 miles I missed today or just do the 4 miles? Resting Friday and then a 17 mile run on Saturday. Hopefully my stomach stops acting up soon, I want to eat with abandon tomorrow!

BTW everyone, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

I have an overuse injury in my big toe joint. The dr said to RICE it for a couple of weeks. He said crosstraining with a bike should be okay, but no running and minimal walking. I am supposed to do 16 miles this weekend. Would an acceptable substitute be to ride a bike for about the same amount of time as the 16 miles would have taken me to complete(i.e. bike for about 4 hours since I make 15-16 minutes per mile wogging)?

Does anyone know how much the discount tickets are that we can get marathon weekend? I refused them when I signed up with the TA because I had passes at home I could use. Now I'm thinking I might save those for another visit and buy the discounted ones.

Typically, it is 0%........they don't offer a marathon discount. That being said, last year one of the WISHers posted a code for a Sports discount. It worked--I used it.

Maura

liznboys said:
Ugh. Anyone else sick right now?

I was diagnosed with bronchitis this morning. My 10/20 planned for this weekend is postponed now. My doctor said to take a break from running until next week. Has anyone dealt with bronchitis while training before?

I was diagnosed with it two weeks before the Chicago Marathon. My doctor prescribed a Z-Pak and a nose spray (because antihistamine pills cause dehydration). It worked out fine for me by race start.

Oh, hey, 50 day mark, you are a scary, scary thing.

uuuggghhhh it IS a scary thing!

i'm still with this darn knee injury. i can't walk. like, really at all. i'm so bummed about this. my PT said that the marathon isn't definitely out of the question but i sure hope i can at least walk soon so that it seems like it's still a possibility.

congrats to everyone who is working hard towards this goal! i know how hard it is. i hope to be there with you in january!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter