Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

If you don't mind waiting until tomorrow, I have to go by there in the morning for a meeting and I can take a quick snap of the current menu! I'm just all the way at the front of Epcot close to my truck, so I'd rather not walk back to take a look if it can wait a day. :flower1:
so you went back right???? LOL. My wife's coworker is actually there and went back and took a picture of the menu. The menu is correct on the app, a few hot offerings like egg sandwich on croissant. That refueling at 8 AM on SAT between the races is stressful, obviously. Was counting on that before hitting that new quick service in Pandora for lunch and Tutto for dinner. We should make it to Sunday morning. :)

Thanks for the offer though!.

So we called runDisney to ask about where my wife's party ticket was and were told by the phone people they couldn't help us and we should send an email. We already sent the email and got an auto response that it could take up to 10 days for runDisney to respond. We leave for Disney in 6 days, and the party is in 9 days, so a 10 day response doesn't work. This is our first runDisney event, and wondering if runDisney customer service is always this awful. Was thinking about doing more races next year, but if we can't get an answer to a basic question then not going to do it.

So we called runDisney to ask about where my wife's party ticket was and were told by the phone people they couldn't help us and we should send an email. We already sent the email and got an auto response that it could take up to 10 days for runDisney to respond. We leave for Disney in 6 days, and the party is in 9 days, so a 10 day response doesn't work. This is our first runDisney event, and wondering if runDisney customer service is always this awful. Was thinking about doing more races next year, but if we can't get an answer to a basic question then not going to do it.
It’s pretty bad, yeah.

If your ticket doesn’t show up in time, maybe head to Runner Relations at the expo with a copy of the email and registration info. Hopefully they’ll get you sorted out...they used to have us pick up tickets at the expo so there may be a (unadvertised) will call area. Or better yet, hopefully the ticket will show up before you leave.

Is she registered for the half or buying a separate ticket? I ask, because I am only doing the 5K, so I bought my ticket. It came very close to when I bought it. DH is registered for the half and got his a few days ago.

I did not receive my party ticket last year. They had a station set up at the ticket vendor booth (between Jostens Center and HP Fieldhouse) to handle this issue. This year they may have this type of help available where the international folks are picking up their tickets.

Who's started packing already? I'm already in "don't wear that so you don't have to wash it again" mode and will start filling the suitcases pretty soon. I can't help myself.

I also have pre vacation taper madness. I swear everyone is sneezing and coughing near me and I want to hide in bubble wrap.

I swear everyone is sneezing and coughing near me and I want to hide in bubble wrap.
Yep, I should have done that... I am desperately fighting the cold that has just started around my household. Perfect timing of course, but I think I got on it before it really took hold. I can tell my body is fighting it but I think I am going to win! Airborne, OJ, meds, apple cider vinegar, sleep and a ton of Lysol wipes are my only hope right now. Actually I am glad I am in taper mode because I am kind of worn out and I don't feel like running is a great idea, and I do not feel quite as guilty skipping a day or two to rest up and fight this while tapering at this point.

Best of luck avoiding the sickness everyone!!!

Who's started packing already? I'm already in "don't wear that so you don't have to wash it again" mode and will start filling the suitcases pretty soon. I can't help myself.

I also have pre vacation taper madness. I swear everyone is sneezing and coughing near me and I want to hide in bubble wrap.

I am ready to pack, still doing my weather-stalking to inform my packing decisions. It looks like it's going to be warm so far. Hopefully the weather doesn't do a dramatic shift after I have already planned out all my outfits. Priorities. :cutie:

And yes, I'm also trying to avoid getting sick. Lots of hand washing, and avoiding touching my face!! I got my flu shot a few weeks ago in hopes of helping to avoid travel-related illness. Every time someone sneezes I run away.

ME, ME! I am pulling aside the 5 year old's clothes, doing the "don't wear that" to some things. I printed our packing list last night and plan on starting to pack tonight.

It looks like it's going to be warm so far. Hopefully the weather doesn't do a dramatic shift after I have already planned out all my outfits. Priorities
OMG have I been planning outfits like crazy. For everyone. I bought my husband a few shirts and I am like "You are wearing this one at MK and this one at Epcot." Hahaha.

Last edited:
Yep, all the laundry is done, and outfits planned. This is our first adult only trip in a while, so a bit less stressful than with the kids. I've spent the last couple of nights double checking dining and FP+. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS RACE!

Did anybody else get a little card with a Minnie Van that you could fold into 3D? Disney knows how to "cute" me out of my cash. "Yes! I'll pay $20 to ride in that van!"

I'm packing today!! I work 12 hr shifts everyday after tonight until I leave, plus doing race here Sunday!! No Minnie card for me yet :( yes on avoiding sickness front- easier said than done with my job

Yep, all the laundry is done, and outfits planned. This is our first adult only trip in a while, so a bit less stressful than with the kids. I've spent the last couple of nights double checking dining and FP+. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS RACE!

Did anybody else get a little card with a Minnie Van that you could fold into 3D? Disney knows how to "cute" me out of my cash. "Yes! I'll pay $20 to ride in that van!"

I didn't get a minnie card thing but I do need to download the Lyft app, so thanks for the reminder. I don't know if we'll use the vans but I can think of at least one time where it would make a lot of sense to just spend the extra (our hotel to the boardwalk for bon voyage breakfast - no parks in between.)

Also - I'm reminding myself to go first get space cleared on my phone for pics first and then download the lyft app!!!

I am horrified to say that I haven't done anything yet! I normally start the packing process 3 weeks in advance by at least putting the critical components ( race outfits, medications, cosmetics) in piles, but that hasn't happened yet. And it won't until this weekend. Really hoping I don't forget anything!

Also, it only just cooled down here in FL (as in, yesterday), and I've forgotten what 60s feel like, lol! I have no idea what to pack for non-racing, so I'll probably just bring some of everything, just in case. ;)

We too are well into packing territory and had the 'dont wear this anymore' deadline last weekend. We fly out from the UK on Sunday morning but want everything done early so we've no stress whatsoever on Saturday.

Regards the race, I've got one last 'blast' attempt at a 5K PR on Saturday morning. Our local course (if any of you are familiar with 'parkrun') is pancake flat but very open to the elements, and the forecast for Sat morning is 15mph winds, which could pretty much sabotage any attempt on a best time. Hoping it'll calm down in the next 36 hours......

I am nowhere near packing and still have to finish up race costumes. I'm really pushing it to the wire this time. Even more so than normal!

I'm like 95% done packing. Going to do 1 last load of laundry Saturday for everything I want to wear this week and also pack. I'm starting to second guess what I've packed though, might throw one more pair of jeans in case it gets cold at night. Flight leaves Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter