• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I opened my suitcases. Now to just employ the magic of Sorcerer Mickey or Eglantine Price to get all the stuff from the drawers, folded neatly into them. Just a little substitutiary locomotion.

No email for gift card.

No hard ticket for after party.

Master Yoda has taught me patience. I employ it.

I opened my suitcases. Now to just employ the magic of Sorcerer Mickey or Eglantine Price to get all the stuff from the drawers, folded neatly into them. Just a little substitutiary locomotion.

No email for gift card.

No hard ticket for after party.

Master Yoda has taught me patience. I employ it.
we're still waiting on our magical express tags, but have the party tickets...

So I'm considering doing the beer thing but trying to figure out the details since it will just be me. Has anyone actually seen folks handing out beer at a runDisney event (don't want to get in trouble)? And if I do it, should I have beer poured in a cup or cans or what? This takes some planning.
I have never seen it at a runDisney event, but I am running the 10k and HM. If you do this let me know where you will be!!! :drinking1

I'm willing to do bottled water/beer/bubbles deliveries to resorts if y'all need it.

I have a Tahoe and both a Sam's AND Costco membership (also, 24-packs of water are like $2 at Publix right now, so ...) AND A LOT OF FREE TIME.

Also, if anyone likes Honey Stinger Waffles - I told my Dad I needed like three, and instead he ordered like 300. So, I'll be your Waffle Dealer if you need them.
KEELS. You are amazing. If you really mean it I will definitely take you up on this. Waters, bubbles, waffles....

Most of my stuff is in a suitcase and/ or carry on besides the things I need to wash one last time or things that I need next week. Doing pretty good on the packing, but I am sure I will forget something!!! The cold/sickness has taken hold, but it is not terrible and I am fully functioning and hopefully it leaves quick. Patient zero seems to be almost over it already with only a few days of sickness so I have hope! Meds, liquids and sleep will be my friend this weekend for sure.

Hard ticket for after party was received but no email gift card yet!

All the packing angst is making me laugh! Not that I've never had it, mind you... Just realized I haven't scheduled our ride from the airport to the resort yet!

We have been traveling so much this year I'm not as pumped about this trip as I have been in the past. We have checked our running costumes (this weekend's costumes, W&D costumes, Avengers costumes, LV RnR costumes) and have those out and ready. The rest of the packing will be done on Thursday, the day we leave. We do have a checklist though, so my only concern is realizing I forgot my id or phone halfway to the airport. It's happened.

I have seen beer 'stands' on the boardwalk in the past. Cups may be easiest since a can is a lot of beer before the end of the race. Just remind everyone not to litter!

So jealous of everyone who is already packing! This will be a quick trip for us since we were just there 3 weeks ago for work.

If anyone still needs to buy an extra party ticket, mine is up for offer.

I’m trying to stay healthy by avoiding people & things, lol.

Also still debating my post-10K park plans & race outfits.

So I'm considering doing the beer thing but trying to figure out the details since it will just be me. Has anyone actually seen folks handing out beer at a runDisney event (don't want to get in trouble)? And if I do it, should I have beer poured in a cup or cans or what? This takes some planning.
Friends of mine had a beer/mimosa stop at a WDW race recently - they had the beer in cans, but had cups, too, for folks who wanted a smaller portion. I suggest just keeping it mellow: no big signs saying "FREE BEER!" maybe. ;) And probably best to not station yourself right near a place heavily traveled by CMs. (I got a talking to for handing out pre-wrapped candy near the YC - was told I could give it out to my running group, but not to everyone.)

Has anyone got their email gift card yet?
Not I.

I was excited to receive an email from runDisney. I thought it would be the gift card. Nope. Just another "planning" email.

Just received it as well. After reading about all the difficulties last year I'm glad to see this go so well. Leave in 5 days :)

I received the eGift card! I am super happy and surprised since I am an international runner who could not optin for runDisney emails!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter