Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Considering this instead of marathon weekend. Does anyone think SWGE will open before this? I'm trying to decide if I want to be there fairly soon after it opens or not. I'm thinking it won't be open before this weekend and so that might make it a better choice than waiting until January.

I agree with above that I would be shocked if it were open. I actually think they moved the W&D weekend up because they didn’t want it to be too close to or after SWGE opening.

I had planned to do all 3 races with this being my first half. Unfortunately, life happens and my time and money needs to be spent on some other things right now rather than training. So I am in for the 5 and 10 at least. Providing I can get registered on my phone at work.

Is it easy to register on a phone?
Do I have to register for one race at a time? Last time I used a TA so that wasn’t an issue.

I had planned to do all 3 races with this being my first half. Unfortunately, life happens and my time and money needs to be spent on some other things right now rather than training. So I am in for the 5 and 10 at least. Providing I can get registered on my phone at work.

Is it easy to register on a phone?
Do I have to register for one race at a time? Last time I used a TA so that wasn’t an issue.
I’ve done it on a phone it’s not too bad.

Another couple of questions -

One - apparently this course is different. I had assumed it was the same Epcot route as everything else for the 5k! So this one is through AK and maybe Pandora?

Two - is the 5k swept at all? My understanding was that there wasn't really a hard sweep for the 5k, so we were planning on seeing as many characters as possible. Is this feasible if we're hopefully in the middle corrals (or even a little more towards the back)? The 5k is just for fun, so if we're going to be stressed about time, it's not as fun obviously.

thanks to the person who posted about the time change! I'll have to tell my mom about that - and it actually means I can probably register myself if I can do it quickly :)

Another couple of questions -

One - apparently this course is different. I had assumed it was the same Epcot route as everything else for the 5k! So this one is through AK and maybe Pandora?

Two - is the 5k swept at all? My understanding was that there wasn't really a hard sweep for the 5k, so we were planning on seeing as many characters as possible. Is this feasible if we're hopefully in the middle corrals (or even a little more towards the back)? The 5k is just for fun, so if we're going to be stressed about time, it's not as fun obviously.

thanks to the person who posted about the time change! I'll have to tell my mom about that - and it actually means I can probably register myself if I can do it quickly :)
1. Yes this course is throughout AK and does run through Pandora.

2. Not really, they won't hard sweep but they definitely will try to keep you moving and have golf carts if need be. So don't stress too much.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know when proof of finish times are normally "due" for this race? I haven't run a half or a 10 since 2017 but I think I could score myself a better time now and thus get better placement. (I looked over the thread and didn't see that one asked yet :) )

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know when proof of finish times are normally "due" for this race? I haven't run a half or a 10 since 2017 but I think I could score myself a better time now and thus get better placement. (I looked over the thread and didn't see that one asked yet :) )

I think it's been August in the past. But I'm not sure of the date.

The runDisney website says POT must be entered by July 30. It's under "Events". You would think it should be under "Runner Info", but it is not.

I wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I've been semi stalking this board and reading some Trip Reports. I am planning on doing my first runDisney event in November. I'll be doing the 2 course challenge hopefully. My husband is considering joining in for the 10K but he's not much of a runner so he may just end up cheering me on. My name is Laura and I've done a couple of halfs in the past. We have 4 kids (Evelyn 8, Jude 5, Penelope 2.5, Anne Violet 6 months) so running ends up being my time away from the crazy. :)

I wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I've been semi stalking this board and reading some Trip Reports. I am planning on doing my first runDisney event in November. I'll be doing the 2 course challenge hopefully. My husband is considering joining in for the 10K but he's not much of a runner so he may just end up cheering me on. My name is Laura and I've done a couple of halfs in the past. We have 4 kids (Evelyn 8, Jude 5, Penelope 2.5, Anne Violet 6 months) so running ends up being my time away from the crazy. :)
Hello! I am glad you have found a brief respite from the crazy.
I will plug not much of a runner husbands doing 10Ks, mine enjoyed it as an opportunity to see the parks in a new way.

Welcome! First, I love your kids names! Second, I am much better mom and wife when I am consistently running. When I'm not, the crazy takes a wee bit control of me! I need the escape and the time to think without interruption. Or even just to dance to cheesy music! ;)

Hello! I am glad you have found a brief respite from the crazy.
I will plug not much of a runner husbands doing 10Ks, mine enjoyed it as an opportunity to see the parks in a new way.

I think he would enjoy it for that very aspect!

Welcome! First, I love your kids names! Second, I am much better mom and wife when I am consistently running. When I'm not, the crazy takes a wee bit control of me! I need the escape and the time to think without interruption. Or even just to dance to cheesy music! ;)

Thank you! Totally agree with you. It's my "me time" for the day.

How quickly do the races typically sell out?

We ran W&D last year and Princess this year, but we knew we were doing them and registered on the first day for both. We're a little more on the fence this year for W&D. We already have a room reservation for the weekend (so we'll probably end up running them....) but just curious how much of a safe buffer we might have to think about it.

How quickly do the races typically sell out?

We ran W&D last year and Princess this year, but we knew we were doing them and registered on the first day for both. We're a little more on the fence this year for W&D. We already have a room reservation for the weekend (so we'll probably end up running them....) but just curious how much of a safe buffer we might have to think about it.
For the half and I think also 5k it’s the 10th anniversary so it could lead to quick sell outs I think last year the 5&10 were gone real fast

For the half and I think also 5k it’s the 10th anniversary so it could lead to quick sell outs I think last year the 5&10 were gone real fast

That's what I was afraid of when I noticed it was an anniversary year. I feel like they sold out fairly quickly last year too, but I wasn't keeping super close tabs on it after we registered.

So....

5K could be possible if I drive in that morning, drive home, drop off DS at school then drive back over in the afternoon to check into my hotel for the weekend for the 10K & half. Or I could hope DH is around to drop him off and be that gross baby wiped runner in the parks.

So....

5K could be possible if I drive in that morning, drive home, drop off DS at school then drive back over in the afternoon to check into my hotel for the weekend for the 10K & half. Or I could hope DH is around to drop him off and be that gross baby wiped runner in the parks.
Use 2 wipes and maybe spray some perfume and you'll be fine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter