• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

where did you find the staging map for the half? Also is there a layout map for the expo cause the set up has been different at all 4 race weekends I've attended

where did you find the staging map for the half? Also is there a layout map for the expo cause the set up has been different at all 4 race weekends I've attended
No expo map yet. The staging is in the event guide under events.

It will be a little weird finishing in the back corner of the Wonder Lot coming down Woodpecker Lane - Usually that is just the start of the walk of death to the corrals out on Epcot Center Drive for Marathon/Princess races. IT doesn't quite have the same feels as running by SSE and coming out to the choir or 501st before the turn out to the finish chute. Hopefully there will still be some entertainment back there and good crowd support (though no Rudy manning the microphone).

No expo map yet. The staging is in the event guide under events.
Then they just have it for the Half cause the 5K and 10K just has course maps which is making me feel more and more that between the construction and the cuts that the 5K and 10K are going to feel like after thoughts and that the only reason this weekend wasn't axed was cause it was the 10th Anniversary

Ready for all the solely 5k runners to complain about that trek to the starting corral popcorn::
I'm also doing the 10K and I'm already kind of riled about the 5K because the only reason I had signed up for it was to do something different however the day AFTER I registered they announced it moving from Animal Kingdom to Epcot whose staging is already such a cluster-f-- compared to TTC in my opinion probably made worse by construction as well

But hey at least technical shirts (not that I have had much use for the long sleeve shirts since I live in Florida but still)

I'm sure I'll have fun....but right now a tiny part of me wishes I signed up soley for the 10K like in years past

I'm also doing the 10K and I'm already kind of riled about the 5K because the only reason I had signed up for it was to do something different however the day AFTER I registered they announced it moving from Animal Kingdom to Epcot whose staging is already such a cluster-f-- compared to TTC in my opinion probably made worse by construction as well

But hey at least technical shirts (not that I have had much use for the long sleeve shirts since I live in Florida but still)

I'm sure I'll have fun....but right now a tiny part of me wishes I signed up soley for the 10K like in years past

I totally feel for you. They really messed up changing the location that much after registration started.

Then they just have it for the Half cause the 5K and 10K just has course maps which is making me feel more and more that between the construction and the cuts that the 5K and 10K are going to feel like after thoughts and that the only reason this weekend wasn't axed was cause it was the 10th Anniversary
They have the start staging map for 10k. They may add it for the 5k eventually.

I don't think they are afterthoughts at all, nothing is indicating that based on any weekends I've done. I mean the 5k is supposed to be the first time we get tech shirts for a 5k.

Last edited:
They have the start staging map for 10k. They may add it for the 5k eventually.
Looks like they are slowly updating the guide it looks like..... by Tuesday I'm sure all the maps will be loaded so I can make my user friendly paper guide so that I'm not draining my phone battery (lots of ink but well worth it)

Is this their attempt to improve the virtual event guide? Wow. I really miss the books, and I feel bad for first-timers. This must be really confusing.

I'm excited about the Half course. The 10K is kind of meh but I was expecting that. I'm also excited about that BOGO for Wine Bar George. I'll be sure to work that into my trip!

For the Half I like the extra time in AK. Would it have been that hard to shave some distance at the start and end of the race to give more time in HS and Epcot? Not running to the end of Sunset Blvd is just silly. I know Epcot is a disaster, but don't the whole of World Showcase would have been nice.

Is this their attempt to improve the virtual event guide? Wow. I really miss the books, and I feel bad for first-timers. This must be really confusing.
On the plus side I was able to copy/paste maps into a document instead of having to screenshot the page paste screenshot to photoshop crop the map out THEN paste to my document

For the Half I like the extra time in AK. Would it have been that hard to shave some distance at the start and end of the race to give more time in HS and Epcot? Not running to the end of Sunset Blvd is just silly. I know Epcot is a disaster, but don't the whole of World Showcase would have been nice.
I don't think they want us in Studios much because of the Galaxy's edge crowd. It won't be the 6:00am opening for magic hours any more, but it is set to be an 8:00am opening for extra magic hours and there still is a large crowd that heads in straight to Batuu. I do agree though it is silly the short time in Studios. Cutting out of World Showcase early yeah it is kind of meh, but maybe that was the best way to get us out & get the mileage to the new finish area with the construction. They only have so many options to work with as they can't have us running into construction sites or unsafe areas backstage or blocking up day crowds as park day to day takes priority I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter