• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I don't think they want us in Studios much because of the Galaxy's edge crowd. It won't be the 6:00am opening for magic hours any more, but it is set to be an 8:00am opening for extra magic hours and there still is a large crowd that heads in straight to Batuu. I do agree though it is silly the short time in Studios. Cutting out of World Showcase early yeah it is kind of meh, but maybe that was the best way to get us out & get the mileage to the new finish area with the construction. They only have so many options to work with as they can't have us running into construction sites or unsafe areas backstage or blocking up day crowds as park day to day takes priority I think.

Totally understand about construction, not saying we had to go past Fountain of Nations or Spaceship Earth. I think we could still exit World Showcase by Mexico since they do so for the 10k. Considering the Three Caballeros are the medal for the Challenge this feels like a big miss to me.

I never get any emails from runDisney. I think it may have something to do with me being in Canada. :confused3

I think the international bit might be the key here. I don't get many emails from WDW in general due to being international and from I guess what is the "wrong market" for them. (After each visit to WDW I get emailed surveys, which I click on to answer, and once I answer the question of which part of the world I'm from I get a note along the lines of "oh, this survey isn't meant for you, bye", which I find a bit sad as I sometimes actually like filling out surveys!).

Anyway, at least the events guide does say something about international guests being able to pick up the after party tickets at the Expo, so one less thing to worry about thankfully!

But hey at least technical shirts (not that I have had much use for the long sleeve shirts since I live in Florida but still)

I live pretty much almost on the equator. For the entire year the temperature here is about the equivalent of 75-95 degrees F. I have zero use for long sleeve running shirts!

I'm thinking of trying to see if I can convert the long sleeve tech shirts into short sleeve ones? Maybe a tailor or someone else who does alterations might be able to do this...

I think the international bit might be the key here. I don't get many emails from WDW in general due to being international and from I guess what is the "wrong market" for them. (After each visit to WDW I get emailed surveys, which I click on to answer, and once I answer the question of which part of the world I'm from I get a note along the lines of "oh, this survey isn't meant for you, bye", which I find a bit sad as I sometimes actually like filling out surveys!).

Anyway, at least the events guide does say something about international guests being able to pick up the after party tickets at the Expo, so one less thing to worry about thankfully!

I live pretty much almost on the equator. For the entire year the temperature here is about the equivalent of 75-95 degrees F. I have zero use for long sleeve running shirts!

I'm thinking of trying to see if I can convert the long sleeve tech shirts into short sleeve ones? Maybe a tailor or someone else who does alterations might be able to do this...
I have not yet done it, but I have looked into getting some of my Disney shirts altered to short sleeves. It's definitely possible.

This is my first Disney half. Not sure about timing, and looking to make breakfast/brunch reservations after race. Do most people hang around for a while after the race, or leave pretty quickly after finishing? Do you have to wait until 10:30 to receive medal, etc? Trying to plan out the rest of the day...

This is my first Disney half. Not sure about timing, and looking to make breakfast/brunch reservations after race. Do most people hang around for a while after the race, or leave pretty quickly after finishing? Do you have to wait until 10:30 to receive medal, etc? Trying to plan out the rest of the day...
Medals get handed out as you cross the finish line as for lingering around after crossing it’s really up to you and if you want to linger for post race photo ops or head right to your reservation (or hotel to refresh first)

I’m not ridiculously fast and usually spend some time hanging out after the race (stretching/eating/drinking). We can usually get back to the parks after a stop at the hotel or house for a shower around 11-11:30.

This is my first USA/WDW Disney half. I have a brunch reservation at 10.45am (only timing I could get!). I'm probably going to be in one of the last corrals (didn't submit a POT), but figure I should be running by 6.30am. Hoping to finish within 2:45 but 3:00 should be a safe estimate, so should be done by 9.30am... Planning to take an Uber or Disney transport back to resort, take a very quick shower and change, and then Uber to brunch reservation - I think I might just about make it though it might be tight!

I started with the last POT corral and crossed the start nearly 30 minutes after the start time. I took my time with all the photos. I crossed the finish at 9am, grabbed my medal, snack box, took one finish photo, got a beer, and met my husband for a 10am FP for 7DMT. I did not care that I was going to the park in race clothes (splash mountain took care of 25% of the sweat), but I would be less interested in sitting in an air conditioned restaurant in them. If I were planning to bus back to a resort, shower and change I think I would not plan anything before 11. I found the return buses to be slow- I have stayed at BC and they stopped at BW, Swan and Dolphin, Yacht club and then beach club so even when I got on the bus I had a long wait. Staying at POP the bus stopped at AoA first, so fewer stops but it was not any faster for me.

I started with the last POT corral and crossed the start nearly 30 minutes after the start time. I took my time with all the photos. I crossed the finish at 9am, grabbed my medal, snack box, took one finish photo, got a beer, and met my husband for a 10am FP for 7DMT. I did not care that I was going to the park in race clothes (splash mountain took care of 25% of the sweat), but I would be less interested in sitting in an air conditioned restaurant in them. If I were planning to bus back to a resort, shower and change I think I would not plan anything before 11. I found the return buses to be slow- I have stayed at BC and they stopped at BW, Swan and Dolphin, Yacht club and then beach club so even when I got on the bus I had a long wait. Staying at POP the bus stopped at AoA first, so fewer stops but it was not any faster for me.
From the wine and dine half finish area, can I walk back to Yacht Club after race?

From the wine and dine half finish area, can I walk back to Yacht Club after race?
You would need to cut through epcot so if that was your planned park for the day or you had an AP/Hopper then you could if you don’t have a ticket/we’re planning one of the other parks on a non hopper then you’d need a bus

You would need to cut through epcot so if that was your planned park for the day or you had an AP/Hopper then you could if you don’t have a ticket/we’re planning one of the other parks on a non hopper then you’d need a bus
AND the park has to be open. If you are more speedy and done before 9am you would have to wait.

Seeing on RunDisney Facebook that there's a 10pm Toast around World Showcase. Is this a free champagne/drink thing? Or a raise whatever you have on your hand thing?

Last edited:
Seeing on RunDisney Facebook that there's a 10pm Toast around World Showcase. Is this a free champagne/drink thing? Or a raise whatever you have on your hand thing?
No idea, but I doubt there's anything free. That would be when it starts so unless you have a drink leftover from before EPCOT closed to day guests toast with your medal maybe ;)

Is getting merchandise for races you didn't actually participate in considered a faux pas? I'm just doing the 10k, but I love the Three Caballeros! Lol, the challenge hoodie is probably a step too far (I'd hate for someone to ask me about running the challenge and feeling awkward), but I feel like I at least have to get the Jose pin...

Is getting merchandise for races you didn't actually participate in considered a faux pas? I'm just doing the 10k, but I love the Three Caballeros! Lol, the challenge hoodie is probably a step too far (I'd hate for someone to ask me about running the challenge and feeling awkward), but I feel like I at least have to get the Jose pin...
It's not something I would probably do but nobody is there to stop you. They sell merchandise to everyone whether you are running or not.

@rteetz

Thanks! This is my first rundisney event and I wasn't sure how things would go at the expo. I feel a little weird about it, but finding merch with Jose isn't super common. ::Sigh:: It probably doesn't help that I don't have strong feelings for Frozen, but that's water under the bridge and at least the 10k theme will save me money on all the things I probably won't buy!

Buy what you like, this is a Rundisney event. If it were a Boston, NYC or other big 5 race, no way! We moved to Boston in 2011 and went to the 2015 expo. My wife loved the race jacket and bought one while I bought a tech shirt with a tiny logo on the left chest even though I loved the jacket too. Needless to say, she quickly realized her mistake and the jacket has hung in the closet with the tags on it ever since. I can at least wear my shirt because the logo is very small and I have been asked about it only a hand full of times. Those types of races you need to "earn" the jacket. Plus, you are running one of the races on the jacket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter