• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Is getting merchandise for races you didn't actually participate in considered a faux pas? I'm just doing the 10k, but I love the Three Caballeros! Lol, the challenge hoodie is probably a step too far (I'd hate for someone to ask me about running the challenge and feeling awkward), but I feel like I at least have to get the Jose pin...
I personally wouldn't but that's me. If you wear it in the parks someone may ask you about it, I've been asked many times about the races when wearing race apparel. If you like it though buy it as it doesn't matter as it's available for anyone to buy.

Those types of races you need to "earn" the jacket. Plus, you are running one of the races on the jacket.
But someone could say that for a RunDisney Challenge hoodie too, you need to earn it. If it's on a rack for anyone to buy then anyone can buy it regardless of the race.

20 days! I was thinking, or more wishfully hoping to see a waiver in my email today. I should be in B for the half but I always feel better once I’ve got my bib number and signed waiver. Guess I don’t remember their timing but I thought it was at a few weeks out. Anyone have a guess as to when?

Random PSA: if you are so inclined, get your flu shot now if you want it to be effective by the time you are traveling to WDW! It takes about 2 weeks to kick in.

I’m really looking forward to the race!! I’m a bit undertrained but have done three 10+ milers the past few weeks so I know I’ll make it. Merchandise is meh ... maybe I’ll finally leave the expo without spending more money!!

Random question. Has anybody not received their DME luggage tags yet? I feel like I usually get them by now, but I have not. It's my first time actually needing them so I haven't really paid attention to it before. Wondering if I should call or if I'm just getting too anxious.

Random question. Has anybody not received their DME luggage tags yet? I feel like I usually get them by now, but I have not. It's my first time actually needing them so I haven't really paid attention to it before. Wondering if I should call or if I'm just getting too anxious.

I wouldn’t panic yet but it I would call, we got ours last week.

I’d go ahead and call. Mine slipped through the cracks for Marathon Weekend one year and despite calling they didn’t arrive until after my trip was over! The good news is that you don’t really need them. Just tell the folks at the DME check in kiosks that you didn’t get the tags. They’ll scan your baggage claim ticket and use that to ensure your bags are picked up and delivered.

Now...if only we had the corral assignments so I knew what this bib number means...

We can start the compare and conspire game.

DH is 1XX and should be in A, mine is 13XX and should be in D (both half only bibs).

I'd be very careful posting bib numbers, or even generalizing them. Way too many people looking to get a free race.

I'm 21XXX for the challenge. My POT was a tad slower than last year's so I am probably in D this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter