• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Hello all,
I signed up my two nieces who are running in the half. I (nor they) have received anything in the mail for the tickets for the after party and nothing has come via email (checked junk mail too) for the gift certificate. I know they can get their tickets for the party at Epcot at the expo, but what do we do about the gift cert. I am assuming it comes from the rundisney site? Any ideas?

Thank you for your help in this matter!
The gift card email does not come from runDisney. It comes from Disney gift card services and is titled "Your Disney Promo Card is Enclosed".

I believe that’s the temperature and dew point added together. The dew point contributes to the relative humidity. That is what can make you really uncomfortable.
Thanks, I had thought that's what it was but wanted to make sure I was correct! Thanks so much!

My daughter was going to join me for the 10K, but now cannot make it down for the trip. I know I can't pick up her bib (no reason to do so anyway), but is it possible to pick up her shirt (the one everyone gets) and/or the pin & magnet bundle she purchased?

Expo question: Will Disney ship the official race merchandise and other things bought in this area back to the resort? Will the do so without a room number? We plan to hit the expo early in the day and Disney might not assign is a room by then.

Bump

My daughter was going to join me for the 10K, but now cannot make it down for the trip. I know I can't pick up her bib (no reason to do so anyway), but is it possible to pick up her shirt (the one everyone gets) and/or the pin & magnet bundle she purchased?
You can’t get the shirt without the bib. You might be able to get the pre-purchased item I’m not sure.

Can you explain what T+D means? I'm a newbie!

@Stevee1982 is correct. It's the Temperature and Dew Point added together. Sometimes people instead look at relative humidity and say it's going to be 95% or 100%. But saying the relative humidity without the temperature doesn't always tell the whole story on comparatively how one day feels versus another. A 80F temp with 95% humidity is going to feel a ton worse than 30F with 95% humidity. Similarly, an 80F day with 20% humidity and 80F day with 90% humidity are not going to feel the same even though the temp is the same. But what about a temp of 60 and dew point of 60 vs a temp of 80 and dew point of 40? How will those feel compared to each other? It's not a perfect system. One day's T+D of 130 and another's 130 won't necessarily feel the same, but it's a good system for pre-determining pace expectations. For most people, once the T+D goes above 100 is when someone's ideal pacing starts to fall.

I made this chart from my own personal data:

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 8.35.18 PM.png

The x-axis is pace. The y-axis is T+D. The pink dots were theoretical pacing based on adjustments to a 3:00 hr marathon easy pace. The green dots were theoretical pacing based on adjustments to a 3:05 hr marathon easy pace. The blue dots were real actual data from easy days over a month's span. During that time period, the T+D varied quite a bit. My effort and HR remained relatively constant on all these runs, yet the pace was all over the place ranging from a 8:24-8:49 min/mile. The blue dots matched well with the shape of the theoretical pace adjustments. Which means the research lined up well with my own personal data.

So the long and short of it. According to these adjustments:

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 8.40.24 PM.png

A T+D of 148 would have a starting point of a 4.5% adjustment from ideal. So let's say on a cool autumn morning where the T+D is less than 100, you could run a HM at 8:50 pace. According to this, on a T+D day of 148 a good place to start for pacing strategy would be a 9:14 min/mile. Essentially, what would feel like 8:50 pace on an ideal day would be more like 9:14 on this non-ideal day.

The adjustments are not perfect and not the same for everyone. But represent a good starting place to see where adjustments need to be made. You can use your own personal data over the last several weeks to see how the different T+D values effect you personally. Relative cloudiness, solar radiation, and heat acclimation are also factors to consider in how one should adjust pace expectations in non-ideal weather conditions.

@Stevee1982 is correct. It's the Temperature and Dew Point added together. Sometimes people instead look at relative humidity and say it's going to be 95% or 100%. But saying the relative humidity without the temperature doesn't always tell the whole story on comparatively how one day feels versus another. A 80F temp with 95% humidity is going to feel a ton worse than 30F with 95% humidity. Similarly, an 80F day with 20% humidity and 80F day with 90% humidity are not going to feel the same even though the temp is the same. But what about a temp of 60 and dew point of 60 vs a temp of 80 and dew point of 40? How will those feel compared to each other? It's not a perfect system. One day's T+D of 130 and another's 130 won't necessarily feel the same, but it's a good system for pre-determining pace expectations. For most people, once the T+D goes above 100 is when someone's ideal pacing starts to fall.

I made this chart from my own personal data:

View attachment 448079

The x-axis is pace. The y-axis is T+D. The pink dots were theoretical pacing based on adjustments to a 3:00 hr marathon easy pace. The green dots were theoretical pacing based on adjustments to a 3:05 hr marathon easy pace. The blue dots were real actual data from easy days over a month's span. During that time period, the T+D varied quite a bit. My effort and HR remained relatively constant on all these runs, yet the pace was all over the place ranging from a 8:24-8:49 min/mile. The blue dots matched well with the shape of the theoretical pace adjustments. Which means the research lined up well with my own personal data.

So the long and short of it. According to these adjustments:

View attachment 448081

A T+D of 148 would have a starting point of a 4.5% adjustment from ideal. So let's say on a cool autumn morning where the T+D is less than 100, you could run a HM at 8:50 pace. According to this, on a T+D day of 148 a good place to start for pacing strategy would be a 9:14 min/mile. Essentially, what would feel like 8:50 pace on an ideal day would be more like 9:14 on this non-ideal day.

The adjustments are not perfect and not the same for everyone. But represent a good starting place to see where adjustments need to be made. You can use your own personal data over the last several weeks to see how the different T+D values effect you personally. Relative cloudiness, solar radiation, and heat acclimation are also factors to consider in how one should adjust pace expectations in non-ideal weather conditions.

I love it when DB gets all sciencey and graphy, but I typically just think in my head, "Dang, it's hot! I better slow down." :D

If anyone needs a party ticket, let me know. Mine was mailed to my old address, but I finally received it. Also got the gift card and I ended up ordering those $45 sparkle shorts to pick up at the expo. LOL. It is getting real and I am so excited!

PS. If there is a character group text, I'd love to participate too.
My friend cannot run the half next week due to a work conflict. He asked me if I can sell his after party ticket. If anyone needs one, let me know. Thanks!
~Matt

I'm potentially looking to purchase a party ticket for my boyfriend. Could anyone wanting to sell PM me on what they are asking for the ticket? Thank you so much!

Yeah, I'm the same way. I chickened out last year but I'm really hoping to get my courage on to come!

It took every ounce of courage I had last year to go, but it was fun to meet people in real life!

If you are nervous about the meet-up, just come to Hurricane Hannah’s and have a drink. (I don’t drink alcohol, so that’s not a requirement!) If you feel uneasy, you can just leave. If you are an introvert, introduce yourself to just one person, chat for a minute and leave. If you start to feel comfortable, introduce yourself to more people! You go into restaurants and lounges with lots of people all the time, and you probably speak to people in line or on the bus from time to time, too. So just remember, these are YOUR PEOPLE! We have runDisney in common, so there is always something to talk about.

I definitely recommend coming to the meet up! It's fun!

Question:
I think it was last year that someone in Coral A or B sent out texts of the characters that were along the 1/2 course. Is anyone doing that this year that can help a gal out?

Please fast friends...who can help a girl out with some character texts. That was unbelievably awesome last year!

One week till the 5k! Here's my outfits - Epcot symbols is the Half, Duffy the 10k & Jungle Book Kaa the 5k. I didn't test anything, guess I'll find out while running, ha! I'm so excited!
View attachment 447327

Duffy is amazing! My family really loves Duffy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter