Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

What about the afterparty?
Also is the beer cup a big insider secret? I can't find any details online about it, but now my squad is excited!

Not a secret at all. It’s only good at the expo and post race beer tent. It just gets you a discount on a refill. As long as the cup design doesn’t change you can bring it back each race weekend.

The unfortunate thing about these race shirts is that it will be waaay too hot to wear them comfortably to the parks post-race (at least for me and I'm always cold, lol).

I assume many people like the long sleeves but I personally get 100% more wear out of short sleeved race shirts. Given the way the weather's been the past few years at this time, maybe they should rethink long sleeves in early November!!

(I should note: I live in Michigan, it’s going to snow here tomorrow, and I STILL would prefer short sleeved race shirts.)

Last edited:
Love the shirts! It’s so hot though not sure if I’ll last wearing them after, might need to buy some shirts instead.

Love the shirts! It’s so hot though not sure if I’ll last wearing them after, might need to buy some shirts instead.
I'm planning on buying a short sleeve shirt for each race to wear. I always need more running shirts anyway.
Was hoping for a teal 10K shirt, but other than that I love them!

I love the shirts, but I’d be lying if I wouldn’t say I would have preferred teal vs gray. I’m sure they’ll get wear this winter at least. And I can’t wear one on the way home. I wish we’d see the challenge I Did It shirts. I’m still kind of hoping for purple like the other challenge shirt they shared.

The shirts look nice... but given that I live somewhere where the weather all year round is similar to the current weather in Orlando (i.e. HOT) I will never get any wear out of them. Unless I get them altered into short sleeves, which I am actually seriously contemplating doing...

The unfortunate thing about these race shirts is that it will be waaay too hot to wear them comfortably to the parks post-race (at least for me and I'm always cold, lol).

I assume many people like the long sleeves but I personally get 100% more wear out of short sleeved race shirts. Given the way the weather's been the past few years at this time, maybe they should rethink long sleeves in early November!!

(I should note: I live in Michigan, it’s going to snow here tomorrow, and I STILL would prefer short sleeved race shirts.)
This Michigander is happy for the long sleeves!
Also, can we skip the snow/sleet? I’ve spent weeks on costumes that are not weather appropriate after failing to convince my kiddos to be (1)Huey, dewy, or Lewy, (2)the Gordon’s fisherman (3)
Big foot (4) water type Pokémon

Not a secret at all. It’s only good at the expo and post race beer tent. It just gets you a discount on a refill. As long as the cup design doesn’t change you can bring it back each race weekend.

This is why I don't let my wife throw away any of my cups. You never know which color is going to be needed when.

The shirts look nice... but given that I live somewhere where the weather all year round is similar to the current weather in Orlando (i.e. HOT) I will never get any wear out of them. Unless I get them altered into short sleeves, which I am actually seriously contemplating doing...
This is a great idea! My MIL is a seamstress. I may ask her to alter them. Even here on Canada, I wear short sleeves all year. Once the weather turns cold and dark, I’m inside on a treadmill and short sleeves is the way to go.

Does anyone know where I can find the place to arrange to have my husband virtually watch my progress through the race? Can’t find it anywhere on the run Disney site.

Weird question... I didn't see any bathroom icons on the race map. Do they have porta potties every now and then?

Request- I’m hoping that Disney will announce more information about the new Disneyland Paris princess race weekend during this weekend’s expo.

If they do, please please share details, either here or on the thread for the new race. The last I checked , the new race still wasn’t even showing up as an event on the runDisney site. Is it way too soon to hope for a sneak peek at medals?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone this weekend!

Expo Taping question:
I'll probably be taping a slightly tender ankle. While I've always seen people getting taped up at expo I never knew the process. What's the cost and do tip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter