Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

If this is true that'd be awesome. I want to just know for sure at this point!!!

I hear you. I'm not signed up for W&D but the waiting on official word for star wars was horrible especially after it was clear it wasn't happening and unfortunately I think W&D is getting close to that point. Are there any big races currently scheduled to run before W&D? I don't see disney wanting to be the first.

Whole thing sucks and I do feel for people waiting on an announcement.

If not today I figure once all the AP refunds are processed they will pull the plug (I suspect a huge announcement in general on the future of RunDisney between now-when SW registration was supposed to be in AUG.... possibly getting rid of or putting on indefinite hiatus the whole RunDisney program)

I hear you. I'm not signed up for W&D but the waiting on official word for star wars was horrible especially after it was clear it wasn't happening and unfortunately I think W&D is getting close to that point. Are there any big races currently scheduled to run before W&D? I don't see disney wanting to be the first.

Whole thing sucks and I do feel for people waiting on an announcement.
Everything big was cancelled, at least on the east coast. Chicago, Philly, MCM, NY, Indy... I see there are some RnR's still on for the same weekend but they're in Georgia and Tennessee sooooo matter of time. DC RnR will likely follow suit with MCM and Army 10 cancelling.

If not today I figure once all the AP refunds are processed they will pull the plug (I suspect a huge announcement in general on the future of RunDisney between now-when SW registration was supposed to be in AUG.... possibly getting rid of or putting on indefinite hiatus the whole RunDisney program)

Where are you seeing that SW registration has been moved or postponed? It still looks like it’s in August right now.

I don't think they'll get rid of rundisney mainly because after this is over they are going to need incentives to get people back into parks/resorts because attendence will likely be down for a while like we saw after 9/11. However an indefinite hiatus I could see. If W&D is cancelled or moved virtual only then marathon weekend 2 months later is definitely in jeopardy and princess and star wars not long after that. I think like many they were hoping that between april and november things would have gotten bettter and that was enough time. Now they don't have any large gaps like that between race dates.

So unfortunately I would see them saying something like all races virtual until further notice.

Now on a positive note I do kinda hope that the need to get people into the parks post-covid may be the catalyst for the west coast races to start back up.

Everything big was cancelled, at least on the east coast. Chicago, Philly, MCM, NY, Indy... I see there are some RnR's still on for the same weekend but they're in Georgia and Tennessee sooooo matter of time. DC RnR will likely follow suit with MCM and Army 10 cancelling.

That is what i was thinking which is why I think W&D is just a matter of time. If you look at how disney has handled everything covid related they have been super cautious even to the point of letting universal be open almost a month before disney opened. Based on how they have navigated the pandemic I don't see disney wanting to be the first big race to come back.

Personally I'm now getting very worried for peachtree road race currently scheduled for thanksgiving day. That looks real real iffy.

I don't think they'll get rid of rundisney mainly because after this is over they are going to need incentives to get people back into parks/resorts because attendence will likely be down for a while like we saw after 9/11. However an indefinite hiatus I could see. If W&D is cancelled or moved virtual only then marathon weekend 2 months later is definitely in jeopardy and princess and star wars not long after that. I think like many they were hoping that between april and november things would have gotten bettter and that was enough time. Now they don't have any large gaps like that between race dates.

So unfortunately I would see them saying something like all races virtual until further notice.

Now on a positive note I do kinda hope that the need to get people into the parks post-covid may be the catalyst for the west coast races to start back up.

I'm hopeful Marathon Weekend will still happen, since it's the first race that they sold a reduced number of bibs, so there may be a logistical way they can make it happen.

Where are you seeing that SW registration has been moved or postponed? It still looks like it’s in August right now.
Poor choice of wording I meant around the time registration is scheduled for SW they will say they are pushing back registration and/or give updates on marathon, Princess, W&D (if not yet scrapped) and club rundisney
I'm hopeful Marathon Weekend will still happen, since it's the first race that they sold a reduced number of bibs, so there may be a logistical way they can make it happen.
I’m cautiously optimistic but then again if nov/dec races are for the most park scrapped would they want to be the first large race out the gate?

Add me to the group who thinks Star Wars registration will be delayed/paused. I have zero confidence W&D can take place, and am about 40% on Marathon Weekend at this point. I also won't be surprised if we see rD just pause entirely for a while - that seems to be what the entire road race industry is doing right now.

I’m cautiously optimistic but then again if nov/dec races are for the most park scrapped would they want to be the first large race out the gate?

Hard to say at this point, but it's possible that by selling the reduced number of bibs, that they have an idea how they can run the race. The race is over 5 months away, so we don't have any idea what the situation will be at that time. If I have a pessimistic view of it happening, it will affect my training for it, so I'm just going to stay optimistic and hope that it happens.

That is where i am. I don't think they do. You only have to look a media and social media over WDW re-opeening claiming it is a horrible idea when they were actually the last orlando park to open. If disney puts on the first big race the pictures and stuff could be very bad PR (depending on the state of things at the time obviously). I don't think they want to be in that position and take that chance.

That is where i am. I don't think they do. You only have to look a media and social media over WDW re-opeening claiming it is a horrible idea when they were actually the last orlando park to open. If disney puts on the first big race the pictures and stuff could be very bad PR (depending on the state of things at the time obviously). I don't think they want to be in that position and take that chance.

There is that chance, but you also have to remember that Disney is a magnet for outrage by several media and social media outlets. Getting outraged at Universal for opening a month earlier gets a public yawn, so they go after Disney. It's more to generate clicks than genuine outrage. I went to Magic Kingdom on the 13th. Disney (and Universal for that matter) did a great job sanitizing, taking temperature screenings. There's no guarantee people won't get COVID there, the same as it is with any location, but I felt much more protected in the theme parks than I do running errands around where I live. It's possible MW will cancel, but with the reduced bibs, they may have a different plan than the usual event.

Not unexpected, but disappointing nevertheless. I'm far from a perfect, but this would have been my fifth consecutive W&D HM.

With the assumption that it’s still the villains theme + anniversary medal for 10K I’m still in and fully plan to run the 10K on a local in costume the Saturday before (halloween)

Is anyone staying in for the virtual? I'm curious about the gift card portion of the benefits of the virtual (it also appears they might be opening up additional registrations for the virtual?). Not sure I want to pay 1/2 marathon prices for a shirt and a medal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter